1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

5 Mistakes Dropshippers Are Making And How to Easily Avoid Them

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by zmanace, Sep 5, 2018.

I made a lot of these mistakes, so I wanted to share it with all of you so perhaps you can avoid them yourself.
    This is pretty much transcribed from my video, so those who prefer to watch instead of reading (I intend this to be a long post) :

1. Not having enough startup money
    -it's difficult to start with $20. it can be done, but it's hard. this means you need to spend a lot of time to make up for the money you don't have.
    -the best solution is to make some money before starting. sell stuff, take on some freelancing work
    2. Selling oversaturated products
    -stay away from saturated products. examples are dad hats, dog and cat necklaces, keychains, or watches
    -these are possible to sell with great marketing, but you're just making it harder on yourself.
    3. Following everything that gurus and courses say
    -there's great content and knowledge out there, but listening to random advice from people with not track record many times doesn't work out
    -UNDERSTAND what you're doing, rather than blindlessly following tutorials
    -create success for yourself
    4. underestimating marketing
    -marketing is the most important part of your dropshipping store
    -don't use oversaturated influencers, or facebook ad keywords
    -don't think that if you run one facebook ad, in the first week you'll make $200. it took me a couple of weeks and over 30+ adsets to finally find a winner when I first started.
    5. attitude
    -attitude is extremely important
    -know that dropshipping take a lot of time and effort, there's no easy way out
    -mentally prepare yourself for the grind

After reviewing a bunch of stores here are some free tips as well:
    Pages:
    -About Us
    -Shipping & Returns
    -Contact us
    -Track Order
    Ad:
    - Video or picture of what you are selling
    - Limited supply or scarcity (Time or Quantity)
    - Discount (% off)
    - Clear call to action
    Additional things:
    -Trust seals or Badges
    -Product Reviews
    -Good customer support
    -Social Proof

Use this post as motivation. Probably not what you're used to seeing here but regardless just know its possible to succeed with the right attitude, skills, strategies, ec.

zmanace, Sep 5, 2018 IP
  2. Chan King

Chan King Peon

Best Answers:
    Great post. It was really informative.

Chan King, Sep 12, 2018 IP
  3. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would add Not thoroughly researching your dropshipping sources. Over the years I've had a couple shut down with no notification. It's kinda painful when you have active orders that suddenly you can't fill.

JoeSpirit, Sep 14, 2018 IP