1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

5 adsense code blocks on 1 page...

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by cocoMonkey, Jan 17, 2011.

Hi guys,

We all know that the maximum standard adsense ads that can be on a single page is 3 (forget link units etc)

Google now automatically only shows 3 ad units, no matter how many adsense ad code blocks are on the page. It just dosnt show them. So in a way -- you cannot break the over 3 ads per page rule.

My blog shows 5 articles on the home page. Each one has adsense code block in it - to show a large ad in the post. As correctly expected - only 3 ads show (in the first 3 posts), then the other 2 posts contain no ads -- the code blocks are disregarded, and no ads show in the additional posts. Exactly as wanted - and in googles t&c.

My question is -- is the above example ok???

Is it now ok to let google show just 3 ads, with 5 adsense code blocks on a page, or would it be better to use PHP to insure only 3 code blocks are on a page at a single time???

All my other sites are written in PHP, and I would know how to insure only 3 ads are on each page at once -- but this site is hosted with blogger - and the only way I can insure 3 ads are shown is to let adsense automatically just show 3 ads, and ignore the two other ad codes.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
    cocoMonkey, Jan 17, 2011 IP
  2. lk1st

lk1st Peon

Best Answers:
    Limit your blog to show only three articles on front page! there is an option for it on google. My advice do not play with codes and do not use third party codes to play with adsense code.

lk1st, Jan 17, 2011 IP
  3. Riboflavin

Riboflavin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google has done this for a while as far as I know, but I wouldn't test them. It is best to write a small php function to display the ads and limit it to a max of 3 displays. Google may get upset if they think you are trying to show 5 ads on a page, even though the last 2 are 'hidden'.

Hope that makes sense.

Riboflavin, Jan 17, 2011 IP
  4. putradi

putradi Active Member

Best Answers:
    3 Content Ads and 2 Text Links .. It's all you have my friend .. Even if you're placing 10 content ads codes, the ads will not be there ..

putradi, Jan 18, 2011 IP