1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

5,000 people "like" my website. Now how do I post an update to all their news feeds?

Discussion in 'Facebook API' started by MyHub, May 5, 2010.

1. Ed Grosvenor

Ed Grosvenor Peon

Best Answers:
    Read up on the Open Graph protocol. If you add a fb:admin or fb:appid (depending on whether you want to use an application or a user to administer your site), you then can post updates to fans' walls. There are some limitations to the automagically created Facebook page that corresponds to your Like button. I don't know if they're permanent limitations, but you can only post status updates. You can't (at least in my tests so far) post things like notes and links. It may be that I'm simply missing something and that it can be done programatically, but you can't do it from the admin area of the Facebook page itself like you can with a normal Facebook page.

Ed Grosvenor, Aug 5, 2010 IP
  2. ListBuildingForNewbies

ListBuildingForNewbies Peon

Best Answers:
    Personally as a facebook fan page administrator, I send important updates via the "updates" messaging system. However, you should use this function sparingly, because to many "updates" messages to someone's inbox is annoying and a good reason for clicking "unlike".

ListBuildingForNewbies, Oct 10, 2010 IP
  3. jdjaded

jdjaded Peon

Best Answers:
    as others have noted, the only way to do this is to hook into the Graph API and request publishing permissions for each user (i.e., each one would basically have to "install" your application). this is a lot more work than the simple "like" button. if publishing permissions and other deeper FB interactions are important to you, you may have to consider rebuilding with the Graph API from the ground up. otherwise just be happy that your site has so many likes!

jdjaded, Nov 3, 2010 IP
  4. zorro7444

zorro7444 Peon

Best Answers:
    Just stop all of you. The reaon Facebook limits your friends to 5,000 is because they don't want spammers selling stuff. So Facebook lets people "follow"pages. If you figure out away to spam people who have "liked your page, they will shut you down. Figure out another way to market.

zorro7444, Jan 9, 2011 IP
  5. sayan801

sayan801 Peon

Best Answers:
    you need to develop a fb app or u can implement fb connect in ur website to do stream.publish.....

sayan801, Jan 11, 2011 IP
  6. checkthestuff

checkthestuff Peon

Best Answers:
    he is self not clear about that he have a fanpage or a website...he self dont know about that..i think he dont know what to ak or how to ask a question properly

checkthestuff, Feb 18, 2011 IP
  7. wiresaw

wiresaw Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think you can't since it is the like button only. But if its a fan page like button then that's easy.. :((

wiresaw, Feb 23, 2011 IP
  8. dallas2023

dallas2023 Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok even i wasent aware of this

dallas2023, Mar 2, 2011 IP