1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

4K+ backlinks, but Why is my website NOT ranking?

Discussion in 'SEO' started by mpeggs1, Jan 25, 2016.

With 4,000+ DoFollow backlinks, my website http://pryma.com/ is not ranking at all on Google. To be fair, we rank for 7 keywords but that is nothing in comparison to our main competitor (http://www.masterdynamic.com/), they rank for 3K+ keywords according to SEM Rush and have 5,400 DoFollow backlinks. I'm not sure what we're doing wrong, but something is off here. Might anyone be able to help?

mpeggs1, Jan 25, 2016 IP
  2. HCFGrizzly

HCFGrizzly Member

Best Answers:
    How did you obtain those backlinks?
    If they are from link farms, websites deintexed by Google or obtained through spam then you have a problem.
    Also, maybe your backlinks have a lower quality than your competition (a few quality backlinks > many rubbish backlinks).
    One more thing: Your website screams of thin content. Your competitor seems to have more content and they also have a blog.
    I really hope that this post is genuine and you are not just trying to promote those 2 websites

HCFGrizzly, Jan 25, 2016 IP
  3. ceenote100

ceenote100 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe those backlinks aren't related to your niche.

ceenote100, Jan 25, 2016 IP
  4. mpeggs1

mpeggs1 Peon

Best Answers:
    This post is genuine. If I was trying to promote either of these websites, why would I link to the competition also? Not to mention, most forum sites are NoFollow. That said, I appreciate your insight and taking the time to reply.

mpeggs1, Jan 25, 2016 IP
  5. HCFGrizzly

HCFGrizzly Member

Best Answers:
    I`m glad to hear that your post is genuine. If you have a look on these kinds of forums you would understand my paranoia :)
    So...you didn`t answer my question: How did you obtain those backlinks?

HCFGrizzly, Jan 25, 2016 IP
  6. aamir098

aamir098 Active Member

Best Answers:
    dear @mpeggs1 you are missing one most important thing you have 4k do follow backlinks but they all are coming from same domains again and again, i did a quick review and found only 105 active domain linking towards your site, remember it doesnt matter how many link pointing if they are coming from same domains again and again.

try to increase backlinks from more domains, 1 more thing 93% of all links are do follow, which is not normal for genuine sites try to maintain a recent ratio between no and do follows. I hope this is the answer of your question, if you still have any doubts you can ask me again

aamir098, Jan 25, 2016 IP
    HCFGrizzly likes this.
  7. robyries

robyries Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    spam backlink...???

robyries, Jan 26, 2016 IP
  8. ArhamSoft

ArhamSoft Member

Best Answers:
    These days google is very strict.It does,t metter how much backlinks your site have.You must have Quality and HPR sites backlinks other low quality backlinks will count in spam.

ArhamSoft, Feb 2, 2016 IP
  9. Tugeza

Tugeza Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wish you would have 30 strong backlinks instead... quantity does not matter regarding the links..

Tugeza, Feb 9, 2016 IP
  10. LinkGenie

LinkGenie Active Member

Best Answers:
    One important thing to remember is link building is less effective now. We can get top ranking without any backlinks. You should focus more on on-page SEO and user experience. You can see big difference in traffic by doing small changes.

When it comes to links, quality is important than quantity.

LinkGenie, Feb 10, 2016 IP
  11. Matthew Sayle

Matthew Sayle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Most of your top backlinks have been deleted - how did you build them?

Matthew Sayle, Feb 10, 2016 IP
  12. Superbling

Superbling Peon

Best Answers:
    I am pretty new to this but have learnt that it seems quality over quantity is better, and also a diverse range of links, ie not just all blog comments.
    Consider building tiered backlinks as well, not just all linking directly to your site.

Superbling, Feb 10, 2016 IP
  13. Claviceps

Claviceps Member

Best Answers:
    Spam or relevance

Claviceps, Feb 28, 2016 IP
  14. Claviceps

Claviceps Member

Best Answers:
    Try to get your message across through a wide range of techniques all relevant to your niche. I.e. social/blogs/urls... It may be worth spending a hundred bucks for a half dozen blogs of good content

15. Lucid Web Marketing

Lucid Web Marketing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Backlinks are not all you need to do. Sure, they help but there's more to it than having more backlinks.

Your product is headphones. Yet, you don't even have that word in your page's title. In your page's description, it's mentioned once and in the middle. I think search engines may not think this is about headphones.

Further checking your home page, headphones is mentioned three times less than your competitor. Few of these are in your text, most appear to be in image tags. Actually, I see no mention of the word in your text.

Next question is, as others have asked, where are your backlinks? They need to be relevant. The more relevant the backlink, the more juice you get from each. Not only that, what is the link text? That's important too and you want to diversify that text.

You also have another problem which I think may be affecting your rankings. Your site is slow to load. I did not count but I'm sure it took 10 seconds to load the first time. It was fine revisiting since your large, slow-loading pictures were in my cache. But it was a bit excruciating the first time. This would deter potential buyers of your product.

Lucid Web Marketing, Feb 28, 2016 IP
  16. Claviceps

Claviceps Member

Best Answers:
    Agreed. There are a number of things that your site needs. Keyword density is definitely a big issue.

17. Claviceps

Claviceps Member

Best Answers:
    Run a SEO powersuite on your site to get you started identifying problems

18. DanielMartens

DanielMartens Member

Best Answers:
    A good ranking on google depends on many factors not only backlinks. Check your content and try to think is your content is good quality and readable to users? if 4000 + do follow links still couldn't make your site high ranking, I think the main problem is your on site SEO but no links anymore.

DanielMartens, Mar 23, 2016 IP
  19. Offshoreservers

Offshoreservers Peon

Best Answers:
    Ranking process is not that simple just to create backlinks, always create niche related backlinks with hand written content, try to make manually 2.0 etc... investigate a little more dont just boost the website with backlinks.

Offshoreservers, Apr 11, 2016 IP
  20. Malika.Sharma

Malika.Sharma Active Member

Best Answers:
    Your website only has 21 pages. I would suggest you adding bit more content to your website. You can do so by adding a blog to your website and update it once every week or every 15 days. This way you offer search engines some fresh content to come back to.

Your meta data isnt optimised at all and it should be made a priority to get those resolved. Same goes for Header tags, images etc. There is a lot of on page SEO that needs to be done for your website.

Looking at your backlinks, about 2000 links of those 4000 come from just one website - mcintoshlabs.com
    about 600 from sonusfaber.com
    about 600 from sumikoaudio.net
    and then two other websites are sending you links.

so literally, you have only about 4-6 websites offering you backlinks. In this case, 4000 or even 10000 wont benefit the site much as they are not coming from different sources, rather they are coming from a few websites.

I would recommend preparing a link building strategy for your website.

I am launching a course that is specifically made to create link building strategies and doing competitor analysis. This course is for free and I will launch it in 7 days. You can join it using my signature.

If you need any specific details - like backlinks report or something like that, send me a PM. I would be happy to do that for you!

Malika.Sharma, Apr 11, 2016 IP