1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

$49 Fee To Post Videos on Youtube (Help me out with making a petition!)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by r4nk2d, Jan 4, 2010.

I'm attempting to have Youtube only allow partners, or VERY dedicated users post content (those willing to pay $49 to start up). i came here to see how many people would support my idea.

HEAR ME OUT BEFORE POSTING

I'm looking for some Rick Ross, and I have to filter through all the garbage just to find what I'm looking for. 99.999% of the stuff does not belong of youtube. Rather than RickRoss, I get the stupidest ****ING video in the whole world ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NazEvM70YBQ ) to come up. which was not what I was looking for and angered me. Other stupid **** like this ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huiG_XXKero&feature=player_embedded ) came up. It didn't bother me as much as the first video, but I still had to sort through a bunch of crap to find what I wanted. This happens ALL THE TIME TO ME.

So, I think only corporations and PROVEN youtube partners should be allowed to post content to youtube. If regular users want to post youtube content, they should need to pay a $49 one time starting fee so we know they're serious. Who is with me?

I'm pretty sure this would be better for everyone if they did away with allowing everyone to upload content... Why? Less garbage clogging the site, and more importantly, youtube can put resources towards making a better site rather than deleting 100,000 variations of illegal copyright songs and wasted bandwidth.

If you don't agree with $49, what would be a fair price? Also, what petition site would you recommend?

I'm starting up a petition so I need to get some feedback.

PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A ONE TIME START UP FEE, NOT $49 PER VIDEO.

r4nk2d, Jan 4, 2010 IP
  2. JMel

JMel Peon

Best Answers:
    I think its disgusting that you would even suggest that everyone should have to pay before being able to post on Youtube. Perhaps they should introduce a Premium level account (for some bells and whistles, higher upload speeds, lift file size and length restrictions etc), but they should never make it a pay-to-use service across the board. That's never what it was intended for, you see... the whole point behind Youtube is to enable anyone to upload personal video content for the world to see. I would recommend you begin narrowing your search parameters, else don't use the service.

JMel, Jan 6, 2010 IP
  3. 5starpix

5starpix Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I doubt you would get many supporters

5starpix, Jan 6, 2010 IP
  4. r4nk2d

r4nk2d Peon

Best Answers:
    well the premium service would be cool, but it would do absolutely nothing in favor of my idea. it might generate them a little money, but probably not enough to cover wasted bandwidth

r4nk2d, Jan 6, 2010 IP
  5. Static

Static Active Member

Best Answers:
    The moment you do that, you completely destroy what YouTube is made of--its memberbase. Also, who uploaded the video you were looking for? Some commercial company? Most likely not. Most of the videos you watch on there are usermade and free user uploaded content. Also, just because a video doesn't mean anything to you doesn't mean that it is meaningless to everyone.

Good luck on finding support for this one.

Static, Jan 7, 2010 IP
  6. Tj John

Tj John Peon

Best Answers:
    I absolute agree with guys... You need respect the means youtub... anyway, good luck

Tj John, Jan 7, 2010 IP
  7. davewashere

davewashere Active Member

Best Answers:
    So for a nominal $49 fee, the corporations that you trust to bring you quality content can post whatever garbage they want, while the average person who just wants to upload a video of their cat to share with their friends would have to fork over the same amount (enough to fill the gas tank on most cars)?

Frankly, it's the little people that make YouTube great. Things like Keyboard Cat and Chocolate Rain would not have made it into my living room without the average Joe. Sure, most of the videos are crap, but that's what the ratings system is for. Modify your search terms and sort by view count or rating and you'll usually find what you're looking for.

The best thing about YouTube is it lets the user, and not money, decide what should be popular

davewashere, Jan 7, 2010 IP
  8. ChrisMiller

ChrisMiller Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    $0 Fee and Higher Revenue sharing for people that post video's. :cool:

ChrisMiller, Jan 7, 2010 IP