1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.
  2. Better Analytics for WordPress Get It Free

447 page view in 7 days no clicks - help

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by textmotif, Mar 24, 2012.

I really don't understand what I'm doing wrong and need your help to figure it out.

I've had 447 page views in the last 7 days (that's the norm), but my account shows zero clicks and profits of $2.75 from last month! I really don't get this. I've put a lot of time into understanding adsense and I've tried it on multiple site... with ZERO earnings.

Is Adsense dead? What can I do?

Please help!!!

textmotif, Mar 24, 2012 IP
  2. Ken Mec

Ken Mec Peon

Best Answers:
    Check whether it is actual visits. It not then some one may have play with your site.

Check your Adsense code also.

Ken Mec, Mar 24, 2012 IP
  3. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    where is your traffic coming from? not all the traffic converts. organic targeted traffic will generate certain amount of clicks but traffic from stumble upon or similar sources will not convert. also, check your analytic to see the source as well as the bounce rate and duration of stay. if you see close to 100% bounce rate with 1 sec stay, then you know its not the real traffic.

sultanofseo, Mar 24, 2012 IP
  4. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member Premium Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yes could be many reasons, the topic with few advertizers as well as a bad ad placement.. many things indeed, at the moment we can only look in our crystal balls to know what site we're talking about..

JamesColin, Mar 24, 2012 IP
  5. archc

archc Banned

Best Answers:
    Doesn't matter.. one of my blog gets 18000 impressions per day and no click. Impressions doesn't mean that much people visited your blog or website.

archc, Mar 28, 2012 IP
  6. I_M

I_M Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm sure your placement is correct but it might be worth tweaking it/experimenting a bit.

I_M, Mar 28, 2012 IP
  7. ECNS

ECNS Member

Best Answers:
    I think most have already mentioned it, but the common reasons are traffic - who is visiting? Where is it coming from and ad placement - are your ads accessable to the use?
    Have you checked your analytics to see what is going on in terms of visitor activity? Try breaking it down from entry point to exit point as a user.

ECNS, Mar 28, 2012 IP
  8. kyriousrobert

kyriousrobert Peon

Best Answers:
    maybe you are not using adsense theme and of course it all depends on the placement of the ads,you;re ads should be conceive as part of your content check my site and see the placement i had a very good ctr with this kind of placement
    kyriousrobert.com

kyriousrobert, Mar 28, 2012 IP
  9. afeefakainat

afeefakainat Peon

Best Answers:
    well its a surprise news for me and even i am hearing it for the first time

afeefakainat, Mar 28, 2012 IP
  10. sem-profiteer

sem-profiteer Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm having a problem that is somewhat the same. I have 20,000 impressions daily per AdSense but only a 0.03 CTR -- about 5 clicks a day. If it's not real traffic, how do you stop it to get real stats and revenue?

My time on site when from over 2 minutes to close to 20 seconds. I feel hacked!

sem-profiteer, Mar 29, 2012 IP
  11. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member Premium Member

Best Answers:
    I believed that it is due to non-targeted traffic. By the way, 447 page views cant really tell you the reason, you actually need to focus on getting more traffic

lifeplayer, Mar 29, 2012 IP
  12. kanishka

kanishka Active Member

Best Answers:
    447 isn't much at all... get better placement for your ads and you'll earn. Sometimes even 1000 visitors dont click on your ads. It happens sometimes. ;)

kanishka, Mar 30, 2012 IP
  13. Success247

Success247 Peon

Best Answers:
    Get analytic's out. See where the traffic source is. Look at where your ads are placed. Gain more traffic. Then see some earnings! You need to understand the visitor and see the site from his eyes. Where would his eyes drift to? The ads or the title of an article? Think about that important factor too.

Success247, Mar 30, 2012 IP
  14. Delboy Trotter

Delboy Trotter Active Member

Best Answers:
    How high is your bounce rate?
    High rate may results in non-quality visitors and lower Adsense CTR as result.

Delboy Trotter, Mar 30, 2012 IP
  15. .hawaii

.hawaii Member

Best Answers:
    I'll tell yo one key thing my friend, it's the topic of your site. If people go to your site because they are looking for a solution to a problem, they will click the relevant ads.

.hawaii, Mar 30, 2012 IP
  16. MrKeh

MrKeh Peon

Best Answers:
    I think unique visitors is a more important stat then pageviews. I think it is only a certain demographic of people that actually click on ads.

MrKeh, Mar 30, 2012 IP
  17. MoolaMails

MoolaMails Peon

Best Answers:
    there is no guarantee that a few hundred visitors will get you any clicks on your ads. with traffic you will soon get some clicks but you will need much more traffic to make sure that you are getting clicks daily. you may need 10 or more sites getting that much traffic to get weekly clicks. you will have to play the numbers game.

MoolaMails, Mar 31, 2012 IP