1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

44% twitter users never tweeted, twitter account

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by Kamaldeep Singh SEO, Apr 17, 2014.

Reality Check: 974 million, 44 percent of Twitter users have not had a single #tweet

Kamaldeep Singh SEO, Apr 17, 2014 IP
  2. Jedineka

Jedineka Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It was expected. Twitter has the most amount of bots registered and fake accounts. If u search stats for last years you will see that this was somehow predicted. I will go there to say that U.S. is the only country were Twitter has alot active real users.

Jedineka, Apr 17, 2014 IP
  3. sonika SEO

sonika SEO Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Jedinekatwitter has not the most amount of bots registered fake account.facebook is top on fake account according to U.S so that people of U.S and other countries mostly preferred twitter than facebook. mostly deaactive account on facebook.

sonika SEO, Apr 17, 2014 IP
  4. Jedineka

Jedineka Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Here are some country usage stats by percentage. According to country population, i will say that U.S. has the most active users : ibtimes.com/twitter-usage-statistics-which-country-has-most-active-twitter-population-1474852 ( stats from november 2013 ). Here is another ( this one is placing U.S. on first position ) : beevolve.com/twitter-statistics/ .

About the fake accounts , maybe u have some stats/link were is said that Facebook has the most amount of bots/fake users.

Jedineka, Apr 17, 2014 IP
  5. sonika SEO

sonika SEO Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i also saying that twitter are safe and secure then the facebook.only reason behind facebook have lost the no. of users in the past couple of years.

sonika SEO, Apr 17, 2014 IP
  6. Repucaution

Repucaution Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It's a common knowledge that there are a lot of fake accounts either on twitter or any other popular social media network, but in my opinion in most cases it is not very diffcult to differ the real account from the fake one.

Repucaution, Apr 21, 2014 IP
  7. Panks7077

Panks7077 Member

Best Answers:
    Twitter has become a one to many social network. It is very hard for a new user to establish itself on Twitter. You can find tons of celebrity profiles with massive fan following. I find it rare where normal users are interacting. You cannot express yourself on Twitter like you do on Facebook. Facebook gives you a platform where you are equal to others.

Panks7077, Apr 28, 2014 IP
  8. janinaherz

janinaherz Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is possible that there are fake accounts, but it is upto individual use.
    Thanks for number.

janinaherz, Jun 3, 2014 IP
  9. Foxxy

Foxxy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I routinely clean out any inactive accounts I may be following, as well as any of people who do not bother to follow me back. I'm never really concerned about this because the whole thing is a numbers game anyway, but if you're genuinely concerned about it, you might want to read this PC World article that covered the topic recently.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2159...et.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Foxxy, Jun 7, 2014 IP
  10. FPM2K

FPM2K Peon

Best Answers:
    Ive not noticed inactive accounts to be a problem because they are inactive. I guess some accounts i follow have become inactive but even if 44% of accounts are inactive, that leaves a lot of active ones.

FPM2K, Jun 12, 2014 IP
  11. HarryWhite93

HarryWhite93 Member

Best Answers:
    44% of accounts without a single tweet is an incredible amount. And as for the person who said that Facebook has more, I highly doubt that Facebook has 44% of users who've never posted a status update, which is essentially the equivalent. Of course, Twitter is a prime target for bots and fake users simply because it has close to zero security measures to prevent is, whereas Facebook requires email validation and, in some cases where it's automated systems become suspicious, it requires a phone number verification to re-enable account access.

HarryWhite93, Jun 12, 2014 IP
  12. FPM2K

FPM2K Peon

Best Answers:
    Ya, if Twitter required phone verification I would probably have far fewer accounts. Or i would have a lot more phone numbers.

FPM2K, Jun 12, 2014 IP
  13. Foxxy

Foxxy Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is a pretty good tool for quickly analyzing how many of your followers are inactive:

http://fakers.statuspeople.com

Mine says 2% Fake, 46% Inactive, 52% Good

That is about what I've always figured, that only about half of my followers are worth counting. I'm not sure how they are defining inactive though, because it says 35% have not tweeted in the last 100 days, yet it says 46% inactive. Maybe anyone who has not tweeted in the last 30 days counts as inactive?? Not sure.

Foxxy, Jun 13, 2014 IP
  14. FPM2K

FPM2K Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for that site, i use https://www.twitteraudit.com and just ran one of my newer accounts through both of them, difference of a % point but only a couple thousand followers. No fakes, 5% inactive so thats good to know

FPM2K, Jun 13, 2014 IP
  15. Foxxy

Foxxy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I wish it also included a report on people you follow. I unfollow people who are inactive with manageflitter.com. Not much I can do about inactive followers though except to just accept that some people just aren't there anymore.

Foxxy, Jun 13, 2014 IP
  16. FPM2K

FPM2K Peon

Best Answers:
    Exactly, people stop using accounts, just a fact of life. More concerned about fake accounts. dont need those or want them

FPM2K, Jun 13, 2014 IP
  17. uand.eye

uand.eye Active Member

Best Answers:
    Most social networks now have been taken over by spammers. I'm wondering how long before Google starts to penalise them

uand.eye, Jun 13, 2014 IP
  18. Foxxy

Foxxy Active Member

Best Answers:
    ESPNRadio -- 16% fake, 58% inactive, 26% good

Those are crazy numbers. Wow.

Foxxy, Jun 13, 2014 IP
  19. Foxxy

Foxxy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I took a hiatus away from mine for an entire year.

Foxxy, Jun 13, 2014 IP
  20. David Tile

David Tile Active Member

Best Answers:
    When new social media sites were popping up everywhere five or six years ago, many people jumped on those bandwagons then never followed through. Fake accounts could boost follower numbers, but it seems like those numbers don't carry as much weight as they used to.

David Tile, Jun 13, 2014 IP