1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

404 Error When Editing Global Phrase - Vbulletin

Discussion in 'vBulletin' started by WebDev Solutions, Nov 8, 2013.

Hello,

I am attempting to update the global phrase "notice_1_html" which is the "if this is your first visit" message which is displayed to guests on the index page of the forums. We are running Vbulletin 4.2.2. Unfortunately, when I try to update this, I am greeted with the following issue:

Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /ADMINDIRECTORYHERE/phrase.php could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------

Can anyone shed some light on what I need to do to fix this? We have changed our /admincp directory to a different name but have ensured all the correct files for 4.2.2 /admincp are present within the directory (we even did a fresh upload, overwriting existing files). This did not fix the issue.

It's worth noting that the rest of the forums, both onsite and backend appears to be functioning correctly.

Regards,

WebDev Solutions, Nov 8, 2013 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Is there a phrase.php file in your admincp directory?

digitalpoint, Nov 8, 2013 IP
  3. WebDev Solutions

WebDev Solutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Shawn,

Yes there is, I've pulled the file and rar'd it before uploading it here in case yourself or anyone else would be willing to take a look. As far as I'm aware it's just the default one from Vbulletin, but I could be wrong, must confess this is not my area of expertise!

I appreciate the response.

WebDev

WebDev Solutions, Nov 8, 2013 IP