1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

404 Error : Not Found The requested URL /wp-admin was not found on this server

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by Soapmarine, Jul 11, 2015.

Just installed brand new wordpress site via Softalicious on the domain. Got message that it was installed successfully. In the cPanel > File Manager I see all my wp files and in mysql admin new database created.

But I cant access admin aread of the site. I have 404 Error message : Not Found The requested URL /wp-admin was not found on this server.

I dont see site neither.

Hosting provider: amen.fr (French) - I cant use use other one, it was friend choice for who I make the website.

I have done already softalicious installation via other hosting providers - no problem at all!

I wanted to install manually via FTP - impossible. It gave me 530 error everytime I try to connect via Cyberduck or Filezilla : 530 Login failed. But it's it's correct login and password - I verified it in ftp area ten times.

Could you please help me or advice?

Site: http://goldenprincess.fr/wp-admin

Soapmarine, Jul 11, 2015 IP
  2. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Mkcoy, Jul 11, 2015 IP
  3. Soapmarine

Soapmarine Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I dont know what is wrong with this install :( it was automatic softalicious install. I wish I could do it manually, but ftp keeps saying me it's invalid login.
    I see the files in File Manager. This is the directory I installed them: http://imgur.com/ZvSmQAt,TU05Yq4 doest it explains anything?

thank you in advance!!

Soapmarine, Jul 11, 2015 IP
  4. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Uhm all I see there is a screenshot of your cpanel homepage. Not the directory where the site is installed..

So you click on File Manager, browse to the directory the site is installed in.

Mkcoy, Jul 11, 2015 IP
  5. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Double check to see if they have restrictions put in place for accessing the site via FTP (do they maybe use SFTP or SSH?), or if they have restrictions on where you can be hosted for accessing the site (if you're placed outside of France). Also remove the Wordpress-installation and try again.

PoPSiCLe, Jul 11, 2015 IP
    Karen May Jones likes this.
  6. Soapmarine

Soapmarine Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    the site is installed under:

(/home/mf1bc36c) public_html/ here is the screenshot: http://imgur.com/GMtXzgA anything suspicious?

thank you!

Soapmarine, Jul 13, 2015 IP
  7. HostPuma

HostPuma Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nothing look's suspicious, seem's to be installed on the right folder.

Pm me and I will take a look at it for free.

HostPuma, Jul 14, 2015 IP
  8. [ET]Alexander

[ET]Alexander Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    goldenprincess.fr/ wp-admin/ does not work, it forwards to the www. version

HOWEVER

http://www.goldenprincess.fr/ wp-admin/ does.

This could be a server-side configuration error, or siimply a script installation error as when I go without the www. I get a 403 forbidden error... I recommend communicating with your hosting provider, and if that does not help, try re-installing the software. Last resort, I would recommend switching providers, however as stated that is a last resort option.

edit: I really don't like DP's linking system, has major issues with posting troubleshooting links...

[ET]Alexander, Jul 14, 2015 IP
  9. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Tip for links that "doesn't work" due to DPs link-checker: just post them inside [ code ]-tags - that way they're easy to copy, even though not directly clickable.

PoPSiCLe, Jul 15, 2015 IP