1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

4 to 7% referall ridiculous?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Ryodan, Dec 24, 2008.

1. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Traffic sources?

MSN as in search.live.com
    ASK as in ask.com
    Google
    Dogpile
    Yahoo

All pretty much in that order.. ASK is probably one of the best!!!

How do I promote them? Well, I do it the old fashioned way. I list them with SE's MANUALLY!!!

While others are running around trying to please google by doing no follows, careful linking, and listing on multiple class c's and other completely retarded ineffective methods of hack SEO, I just list the sites with Search Engines using their ADD URL page.

That's pretty much it. Let's keep in mind that I have some very concentrated NICHE's as well.

One of my Toy Stores

Successful server requests 20,816,142 Requests
    Successful requests in last 7 days 96,316 Requests
    Successful requests for pages 7,306,628 Requests for pages
    Successful requests for pages in last 7 days 35,968 Requests for pages

It helps that it has around 54,000 pages indexed at any one time. All told I've got millions of product pages indexed. Each store offers suggestions to other stores and other products within the product details pages prior to check out.

I'm really not interested in giving out more of the methods used to accomplish this. As I've stated in the past, one will have to wait for the eBook. ;)

Sorry, I don't live on DP. Been pretty busy lately.

Mia, Mar 26, 2009 IP
  2. staticx

staticx Peon

Best Answers:
    Amazon has really low commissions.

staticx, Mar 26, 2009 IP
  3. Reviewz

Reviewz Peon

Best Answers:
    So when is your ebook coming out?

I've got a miserable 150 clicks and one sale which amounted to a whopping $0.70.

Reviewz, Mar 26, 2009 IP
  4. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    When I find time to finish it. I've got way too many things going on right now, and this one has not been a priority.

Mia, Mar 27, 2009 IP
  5. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'd seriously consider sending you some $$ to not publish it lol......

The less competition the better I say!!!!!

I sold 32 products the other day from a silly cartoon network character website I have....the new AOM script with the SEO rewrite is wicked good stuff lol....:D

Sem-Advance, Mar 27, 2009 IP
  6. anandsoft

anandsoft Guest

Best Answers:
    Mia,
    Your posts are contradicting each other! At one point, you said:
    Now, you submit to search engines manually! Do you use webmaster tools offered by search.live.com and other SEs? By doing manual site promotion, obviously you are spending a lot of time.
    Any webmaster who has some experience in promoting a website knows that it takes time and money in promoting a site (whether it's Google, Yahoo or Ask). Google is considered the king of Internet Search Engines because it commands above 60 percent of all searches. Ask is way below G or Yahoo.

One needs to think twice before spending one's valuable time on promoting Amazon links. In most cases, affiliates would hardly be getting hosting costs. Successful affiliates can only be considered an exception. After all, just remember that Amazon holds the "Switch".

anandsoft, Mar 27, 2009 IP
  7. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    How is adding your URL to a search engines "Add URL Page" spending a lot of time??

If he spends a few hours just once, that is hardly what is known as a lot of time.

By my calculations he probably has spent more time posting in this thread than he has submitting his site to the search engines.

I can tell you from personal experience that one needs to do very little to get the search engines to pick up your site and immediately drive targeted traffic to it.....

MIa - Seriously consider NOT publishing that e-book.....why try to prove the doubters wrong???? lol :D

Sem-Advance, Mar 28, 2009 IP
  8. motoxxx

motoxxx Peon

Best Answers:
    Judging by the number of his posts I would say he spends a fair amount of time here!

motoxxx, May 11, 2009 IP
  9. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Not sure where the contradiction is.

Yes, I do it manually. Its the only way to do it IMO.

No. I just use the SE's only submit form. A lot of time? No, not really.. Its a one time deal. I spend about 4 hours researching and building the site. About 4 hours promoting it. 8 hours all told. Then I leave it. Little to no tweaking. If 8 hours of work returns me $300 in a year, that's a pretty decent return on the low end. Of courses in volume and over time that number jumps quite a bit.

Nah, their lying to you. They are full of shit. The people telling you that want your money. DYI SEO is about the only real way to generate a REAL return IMO.

Who's promoting Amazon links? I'm promoting products in my store and my store. The rest is gravy and just happens as a result.

What "switch". I don't think you fully understand Amazon's business model. Its built on affiliates, not their own store. Very few people go to "Amazon.com" and start shopping. Most get there via some other site, search or promotion, PERIOD. That's why they are so successful. They have this nearly limitless supply of salesmen that they do not have to pay for. No benefits, not insurance, no vacation, no unemployment compensation, etc...

Mia, May 19, 2009 IP
  10. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I've been a member since 1998. There are members with similar post counts that have been here a year or two only.... I'd say I am in the low end of the spectrum by comparison. ;)

Mia, May 19, 2009 IP
  11. xboxundone

xboxundone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    where amazon lacks in commisions it makes up for by having billions of products!

xboxundone, May 19, 2009 IP