1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

4 Best Free Forum Hosting Software

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by Eqilux, Jun 15, 2016.

Here are some of the best forum hosting software I choose. And yes, you read it correct, it is free! NOTE: These are just based on my opinion. I don't know what you like and what you don't like.

1) ProBoards
    Since hosting their first free forum 12 long years ago, ProBoards has always put members first in an effort to provide the best forum experience possible.

2) MyBB
    MyBB is a free and open source, community-based forum software project managed, developed, and supported by volunteers. Since its conception in 2002, the MyBB Group has been committed to developing the best forum software possible.

3) ZetaBoards
    ZetaBoards have been developing free forum software for 8 years. They've put every bit of that experience into ZetaBoards. As a result they've created a highly secure forum software that can meet the needs of the largest community, while still being simple enough to use for your first forum.

4) phpBB
    Millions of people use phpBB on a daily basis, making it the most widely used open source bulletin board system in the world. Whether you want to stay in touch with a small group of friends or are looking to set up a large multi-category board for a corporate website, phpBB has the features you need built-in.

That's all I have today! Hope this helped you out.

*I'd recommend using ProBoards, I've been using it for 3 months and got a forum that has tons of plugins!

Eqilux, Jun 15, 2016 IP
  2. sambling

sambling Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    You've kind of mixed forum hosts (Zetaboards & Proboards) with free forum software like MyBB and phpBB. MyBB does have a non-affiliated IcyBoards which allows members to create freely hosted MyBB boards. Ultimately I would chose self-hosted MyBB (or phpBB) over a free forum host because of the control you have.

sambling, Jun 17, 2016 IP