1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

3x more clicks than impressions - Say What ?!?

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by SunAndGames, Apr 21, 2006.

I'm trying a little affiliate advertising using PPC and CJ. The strange thing is, the one ad I set up is showing more clicks than impressions when I look at my CJ account. The ad is showing 297 impressions, and 798 clicks :confused: How is that even possible? It's a content link from CJ that I'm using. The PPC company I was using was SearchFeed.

SunAndGames, Apr 21, 2006 IP
  2. tstaut

tstaut Active Member

Best Answers:
    My guess would be that cookied users count as "clicks" but check with CJ to be sure.

tstaut, Apr 21, 2006 IP
  3. Micromag

Micromag Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Normally when you use a PPC for promoting, you need to eliminate the pixel tracking code cookie and just use the destination URL.

CJ will only track the clicks and sales - CJ will not track the Views and the CTR%.

Micromag, Apr 21, 2006 IP
  4. iBold

iBold Peon

Best Answers:
    Absolutely correct. You have to have the image loading to count the impressions. I've gone a number of months with more clicks then impressions...it's just a metric used by CJ to help you track your stats. It doesn't mean anything negitive.

iBold, Apr 22, 2006 IP