1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

366x280 or 300x250 for best eCPM ?

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by JamesColin, Dec 16, 2010.

Hello, the title is wrong and I can't edit it, it's 336x280 and not 366x280..
    which one do you think can earn better if used in a good placement and being the only one adsense block on the page?

336x280 or 300x250 ?

With both text and image ads enabled.

ok 336x280 is bigger so perhaps it'll get more clicks.
    but 300x250 is pretty standard size for image ads, so perhaps there will be much more competition between advertizers for this ad size which will result in higher CPC, no?

So even if 300x250 gets a little less CTR but higher CPC maybe it is better for earnings?

What do you think about that and if you already have done proper A/B testing for this, it would be nice to know about the results you got. Me I haven't yet done a test but perhaps I'll do it and let you know the results.

JamesColin, Dec 16, 2010 IP
  2. mephisto

mephisto Active Member

Best Answers:
    Each site is different. Some of my sites perform best with 336x280 and some perform best with 728x90. And that varies over time. You will have to test it for yourself to get the best one for your site.

mephisto, Dec 16, 2010 IP
  3. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I'm not talking about 336x280 and 728x90 but between two very similar sizes, it's not the same question. I will have to test, sure, but I'd like the opinion of people who perhaps have tested that before me, if everybody says they got the same results, perhaps I will not have to test myself, maybe I will anyway, but the information in this thread will be good for everybody in the future. Perhaps there is no big difference between 336x280 and 300x250 but perhaps there is.

JamesColin, Dec 16, 2010 IP
  4. OutsourcedMyLife

OutsourcedMyLife Peon

Best Answers:
    JamesColin, I totally get what you're asking. The big issues:

1) The larger ads will tend to have higher CTR
    2) These larger ad sizes that aren't "standard" may have fewer advertisers submitting ads which generally means less competition and lower prices

So, the question: If these larger ads have higher CTR's but lower CPC's, is it a wash?

Of course, this only applies to sizes that aren't "standard". For example, the competition and rates on leaderboards (728x90) are WAY higher than the now less popular banner (468x60).

Would love to know if people have tested this.

OutsourcedMyLife, Jan 27, 2011 IP