1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

$350 in sales with the first 30-40 visitors, nothing with 3000 that followed

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by thesickearth, Feb 10, 2011.

Is it normal? I got 7 or 8 sales with the very first visitors, and nothing (nothing at all) ever since. Did I get lucky or something? Or unlucky?

thesickearth, Feb 10, 2011 IP
  2. seafrontsteve

seafrontsteve Peon

Best Answers:
    Conversions vary dramatically with traffic sources.
    I have a squeeze page that usually converts at 30 - 60%, but trying out a new traffic source conversions have fallen below 1%
    You don't mention how many sales to get your $350?
    If it's just 1 then I guess you were lucky.
    The most important thing is you make sure you can track everything you do (I use Piwik - it's free) - so you can see where your traffic is coming from and get more of what works and less of what doesn't

seafrontsteve, Feb 10, 2011 IP
  3. anakrantau

anakrantau Member

Best Answers:
    What is the product that you promote?
    maybe it have a buying season..

anakrantau, Feb 10, 2011 IP
  4. andrejka

andrejka Peon

Best Answers:
    Sure, anakrantau is right, you more likely have a buying season product. Or traffic is not so convertible as it might have be. I've got similar situation with my Valentine's Day goods promotion =) Here, check out: e-opportunities4u.blogspot.com/2011/02/business-is-business-that-is-main.html

andrejka, Feb 11, 2011 IP
  5. dutch_harry

dutch_harry Peon

Best Answers:
    That's very good conversion. If this only happens once then it might be luck

dutch_harry, Feb 11, 2011 IP
  6. thesickearth

thesickearth Active Member

Best Answers:
    Oh $350 wasnt my fee, it was total sales lol, so I got $12 or something.Thanks for the heads ups!

thesickearth, Feb 11, 2011 IP
  7. thesickearth

thesickearth Active Member

Best Answers:
    Anakratau and andrejka, I dont have any product to promote, all sales came from www.thesickearth.blogspot.com which is nothing but 1 long post where I rant about futility of conservation efforts. I guess some people felt charitable.
    On the other hand , I have 50 articles about all kinds of commodities (agricultural for the most part) and plenty of people get delivered to me by google, however nobody bought nothing though an Amazon search box is right there. CTR is terrible also, despite of original interest of the visitors and related ads (i.e, apple trees on the page about apples, kiwis on kiwis, etc)

thesickearth, Feb 11, 2011 IP
  8. tudorache.alexandru08

tudorache.alexandru08 Peon

Best Answers:
    This month I had about 30 visitors/day but I did not have any conversions. I don't know why. Last month I averaged 8 visitors/day and had conversions. It is a matter of luck, I guess.

tudorache.alexandru08, Sep 25, 2012 IP