1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

301 Redirect Question

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Matthew Sayle, Jul 23, 2015.

I recently picked up a new client that had shut down one business and started a new one.

I did a full redesign of his new site, as it wasn't even close to be responsive.

Now the new site is live, and I am going through redirecting any old directories that may have been changed along the way.

Here is the issue:

He still owns the domain to his old website and plans to keep it (smart decision).

He is telling me that the website has been redirected, and he is correct to a point.

Even though the nameservers are different, any changes I make to the new site are also propagating to this old website.

I ran a majestic backlink check and I found that this old domain is sending some kind of frame backlink to this website.

[​IMG]

What is going on here?

Here is my solution, tell me if I am correct:

Create a permanent 301 redirect from the old domain to the new one.

I just don't want to mess with anything if it was redirecting properly, but if both sites are being indexed by Google with the same content - surely that can't be good.

I appreciate your feedback.

Matthew Sayle, Jul 23, 2015 IP
  2. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I would advise you to do a 301 redirection to the SPECIFIC page to the new website. Don't just redirect to homepage! I am pretty sure you can hire someone to do such a redirection (from a specific article's page to the same article page!) ;)

patco, Jul 23, 2015 IP