1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

301 redirect for large number pages

Discussion in 'Google' started by abud, Jan 23, 2014.

Hi All,

I want to ask something about 301 redirect. i updated a software on my site so the structure of url is different like before and we can't do the same structure of url for new software. we have the millions pages indexed by google. If we use 301 redirect, it will be very big list and i think, it will affect to speed of site.

Any advice what is the best solution for this?

Your advice will be greatly apperciated. Thanks in advance.

abud, Jan 23, 2014 IP
  2. JoeBikerul

JoeBikerul Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I make 1500 redirects for my website, and I don't see any affectation for speed of site...
    If you have a sitemap for all pages of your website you can try to make a test for a couple of days to see if exist some differences.
    Try to speak with technical support from your hosting, to see if the server of your website is capable to sustain so many redirects and requests per second.

JoeBikerul, Jan 28, 2014 IP
  3. websitetools

websitetools Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe you can make a mod_rewrite - i.e. where you can redirect a pattern of URLs to a corresponding pattern - that won't cause any problems

websitetools, Jan 28, 2014 IP