1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

3000 fake followers all at once

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by KewL, Oct 15, 2014.

I login to my twitter today to see I have 3000 fake asian followers. I have no idea why I'm targeted. I contacted support to hopefully get them unfollowed from me.

Has this ever happened to you? How did this happen? How can I prevent it in the future?

KewL, Oct 15, 2014 IP
  2. leonidus1981

leonidus1981 Banned

Best Answers:
    Unfortunally we can`t manage our followers (following only)... if people want follow you, he can do it). You can protect your tweets only.

leonidus1981, Oct 16, 2014 IP
  3. Dario McNut

Dario McNut Member

Best Answers:
    No, it never happened to me yet. But I think your account has been spammed. You can create a new account perhaps?

Dario McNut, Oct 23, 2014 IP
  4. KewL

KewL Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ehh but then I lose everything I built up and they win. I emailed twitter and got no help... They didn't even read my email they just sent me a generic response

KewL, Oct 23, 2014 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't sweat it. They're more likely to be the target.

Here's what they do.

create a list of client accounts they want to follow
    create a list of smokescreen accounts they will follow
    create new accounts
    follow clients and smokescreen, one from one list, one from the next until all done

that way if they're audited twitter (facebook etc) won't be able to detect the client from the smokescreen.

check out some of those new followers - I bet they all follow the same accounts. You just got unlucky and were selected to be a smokescreen. #random

sarahk, Oct 23, 2014 IP
  6. Sam42

Sam42 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Looks like you've been targeted with spam. The best thing to do is to wait for the support’s answer.

Sam42, Oct 27, 2014 IP
  7. usemyteam

usemyteam Member

Best Answers:
    It can be a target of spam but you can't do anything about it. You could not do crowd control for followers unless they want to unfollow you - that is your only chance.

usemyteam, Oct 27, 2014 IP
  8. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    As others have said creating list will help you organize those you follow. As far as new followers, I wouldn't worry about it at all, you just now have that many more you can follow. ;)

If you really don't like it then set your account to private then you can approve those who can follow you.

Brandon Sheley, Oct 27, 2014 IP
  9. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I've never had 3000 all at once, but a hundred or two - yes. I've noticed that when I accidentally follow fake accounts that look legit (oftentimes they are fake lawyer, doctor, dentist accounts) out of the blue I am flooded with fake egg accounts. They eventually dissipate though. I wonder if this is how some of those fake twitter follower softwares work. Don't know what's in it for those who do this, but I see a strong correlation between the two.

qwikad.com, Nov 17, 2014 IP