1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Contest $30 Wordpress Header + Logo contest - 48 hrs

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by 3N1GM4, Jan 2, 2012.

Hi all,

I am in the process of launching a site which contains a Wordpress blog - the site is dedicated to beauty, specifically makeup/cosmetics and hair and will contain review and tutorial videos.

You can see how the site currently appears in the screenshot below - I am using a very basic free Wordpress theme:

[​IMG]

I need a new header image for this Wordpress blog as well as a logo (which I anticipate will also feature in the header graphic). Requirements are:

Logo

- square (1:1) dimensions, or as close to it as possible. Minimum resolution 500 x 500 pixels.
    - must include the main title "Make Up Tips 24/7", preferably appearing as if it's been written in lipstick (perhaps with an actual lipstick laying down at the end where the writing has trailed off, if you understand what I mean)

Ideally, I would like to include the concept of the outline of an alarm clock to emphasise the 24/7 element of the brand as well as a side-on or profile silhouette of a woman applying lipstick to herself.

As a guide, I mean this kind of alarm clock:

alarm-clock.png

but probably just as an outline, without any additional detail like numbers or hands.

Then perhaps contained within the face of the clock, it would be good to have the profile silhouette of a woman applying lipstick. Here are some reference images to give you an idea of the kind of thing I'm looking for:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    How-to-Apply-Lipstick.jpg stock-photo-woman-applying-lipstick-bright-color-11112784.jpg

Header Graphic

- 800 x 240 pixels
    - should include the graphical/non-text aspects of the logo described above
    - must include the main title "Make Up Tips 24/7" and the subtitle "The place for all your make up and beauty tips!" - with the "Make Up Tips 24/7" title in the same style as the text in the logo described above (although obviously resized/placed as appropriate)
    - must blend seamlessly with the black background at the left, right and bottom edges of the image
    - should contain relevant graphical content relating to beauty, make up, hair, videos and the concept of being "24/7"

The winning entrant agrees to:

- provide the winning header graphic and logo designs in layered .psd format
    - relinquish all intellectual property rights to the work produced - I will own the designs in their entirety

The contest will be open for 48 hours and so will close at 22:30 UK Time on Wednesday 4th January unless nothing suitable is found before then, in which case I will extend the deadline. I will not close this contest without picking a winning entry and the winner will be paid via Paypal on delivery of the .psd format files and their screenname (and the winning design if they consent) will be posted in this thread.

All work must be original - no stock images or plagiarism/copying will be tolerated in any way, shape or form.

I hope that I have given enough information above to hep you design something that will suit my needs without being too restrictive - please feel free to submit whatever you think would be suitable, even if it deviates slightly from my guidance above - I'm open to persuasion to change my mind on most aspects of the design. If there are any questions, please do not hesitate to let me know - I will post feedback on each and every entry as often as possible and you are welcome to submit via PM if you wish, although feedback will be given in this thread so that everyone can see who is in the running.

3N1GM4, Jan 2, 2012 IP
  2. willowhope

willowhope Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I will be submitting soon =)

willowhope, Jan 3, 2012 IP
  3. willowhope

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi there,

Here is my design for the logo:

[​IMG]

And then the banner:

[​IMG]

Everything is a unique vector, I have made them all just for this.

Kind Regards,

Willow

willowhope, Jan 3, 2012 IP
  4. 3N1GM4

3N1GM4 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    @Chris.B -> Thanks for the entry, although for some reason the banner image is not loading:

[​IMG]

The logo looks pretty good, but there are a couple of changes which would help:

- There needs to be something to separate the word "make" from the word "up", either by way of a gap between the two words, or a different colour for the word "up" - perhaps light on the dark background and vice versa
    - The font for the "24/7" looks a little too casual and could do with either being something more similar to the main text or something even more handwriting in style, perhaps made to look like it's been written in lipstick, with a lipstick lying at the end of the writing, as described in the OP

I look forward to seeing the header image and a revised logo when possible.

Any other entries would also be most welcome, I would prefer not to have to extend the deadline if at all possible.

3N1GM4, Jan 3, 2012 IP
  5. jw1re

jw1re Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Isn't makeup one word...?

jw1re, Jan 3, 2012 IP
  6. willowhope

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi there,

My revision:

[​IMG]

and the banner (hopefully you will be able to see it this time)

[​IMG]

Kind Regards,

Willow

willowhope, Jan 4, 2012 IP
  7. nunulka

nunulka Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
    nunulka, Jan 4, 2012 IP
  8. 3N1GM4

3N1GM4 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    @Chris.B -> I will post some additional feedback later, as I have to go out right now, but we're definitely getting closer
    @nunulka -> The header graphic looks like it is using this image from Shutterstock, so I will not be able to use this entry as it must be entirely original work.

I will be extending the deadline by 24-48 hours (I will post again when I get home) to ensure we can find a winner.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
    3N1GM4, Jan 4, 2012 IP
  9. 3N1GM4

3N1GM4 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    @Chris.B -> I really like the two-tone colouring of the "make" and "up" - it's a great middle ground between having separate words and a single word. I also really like the font/typeset of the main "makeup tips" text in both the logo and header graphic.

Would it be possible to try and make the subtitle ("The place for all your makeup and beauty tips") a little easier to read? I like that the font is a little more playful and handwriting-like than the main title, but it's a little difficult to read.

With regards to the 24/7 text, could this be a little less "squirly" while still retaining the look of having been written in lipstick? Also, could the contrast between this 24/7 test and the background it sits on be increased so that it stands out a little more - maybe the numbers themselves could even be made a little thicker to help with this. Could I also ask to see a little more (or even all) of the lipstick itself in the 24/7 circle? I like the trail leading from the end of the 7 to the lipstick though.

Can you also confirm that any final version will be delivered in .psd format with separate layers for each object in the design?

I am extending the deadline until 22:30 UK time on Friday 6th January - I hope I can get a suitable winner by then and will send the prize immediately upon receipt of the finished product.

3N1GM4, Jan 4, 2012 IP
  10. willowhope

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I will take a look at it today and post revisions by this evening. Yes you would receive a layered .psd with separate layers for each object. Every object on there is a vector.

willowhope, Jan 5, 2012 IP
  11. willowhope

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi there,

Here is a revised version of the logo with a less squirly font for the 24/7 and a slightly different colour (plus it's bold) and also, more lipstick visible.

[​IMG]

I was going to make the font white for 24/7 but that would make the lipstick concept a bit...unrealistic.

Here is the revised banner with a clearer to read font and the new 24/7 part added:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kind Regards,

Willow

willowhope, Jan 5, 2012 IP
  12. 3N1GM4

3N1GM4 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    @Chris.B -> We're almost there - I like the changes you've made this time round.

Could I just ask for one final revision - In the 24/7 circle, could you get the slash slightly better separated from the 7 and make the join between the bottom of the 7 and the squiggle to the lipstick a little smoother At the moment it doesn't quite look like the 7 and the squiggle have been drawn in the same stroke, so if you can manage that while making sure that the 7 still looks like a 7, that would be great.

3N1GM4, Jan 6, 2012 IP
  13. willowhope

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I will make the revisions in a little while :)

willowhope, Jan 7, 2012 IP
  14. willowhope

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi there,

Here you go:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kind Regards,

Willow

willowhope, Jan 7, 2012 IP
  15. 3N1GM4

3N1GM4 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    We have a winner! Willow, if you can PM me with your PayPal e-mail address I'll let you know where to send the finished psd files and also send your prize. Thanks!

3N1GM4, Jan 7, 2012 IP