1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

30 Days to sucess on CLICKBANK

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by Micanator, May 14, 2008.

1. Boris_yo

Boris_yo Banned

Best Answers:
    Micanator,

You should sign-up for BlogRush and put the widget on your blog.

Boris_yo, May 28, 2008 IP
  2. jeffreyhuan

jeffreyhuan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Loads of helpful information. Thank you!

jeffreyhuan, May 28, 2008 IP
  3. Micanator

Micanator Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks, man. I wish I had some checks like the ones your holding there in your avatar to show for it! Its only a matter of time though I am sure.

I think you are right. I am starting to realize that all the "other" efforts I have made really are bringing in ANY traffic. :eek:

Sorry I was slacking over the weekend. Had to do some job hunting and celebrate the holiday. I have been doing IM whenever possible though.

me too. I always tell myself.....close the forum and get to work!!

Thanks man...I am really new to this. So I am just doing what I do. Hoping more experience folk will point me in the right direction

sorry for slacking

Neither just got a little busy....and lazy:eek:

I usually say if you are interested in learning more about this "niche" please visit "this site" for loads more helpful tricks, tips, rescources, to help get you started today!!

Thanks alex I have been taking your e-course. Good stuff man!!

Whats blog rush. I found out one of my articles got featured on blog catalog on someone else's blog. LOL. Good publicity for me though.

Your welcome. I would have to argue with you about the helpfullness factor though. :eek: not making any money. Stick around though there will be more to come. I still got 10 days left!

Micanator, May 28, 2008 IP
  4. Micanator

Micanator Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Guys,

Here we are on Day 20 I thought I would write and give a little update on the campaign. Got a little busy over the holiday. I also have to go find a real job as I am not making enough dough doing this to pay the bills.

I will continue to do IM though as much as I have time for. It is too much fun making money online to completely give it up. I obviously have a lot to learn still though.

Here is the updated bubble chart:

http://bubbl.us/view.php?sid=114558&pw=ya/mUumf.w6D.NjZsTUpwQlVlc1hZRQ

Things Added

1. I submitted my sited to something like 80 website directories. All of them ranging from 1-6 page rank. I don't know how good these links are but I guess we will find out. I have a bunch more to go tomorrow. I want to end up with about 150 submissions here.

2. I also created a custom thank you page for my opt in. It is pretty good I think it tells them that they have one more step and shows them how to white list my email on all the BIG email servers like yahoo/msn/gmail/aol.

3. I also started a group about my niche on my space groups and have been trying to get friends and stuff like that in the social web 2.0 sites. I am doing this as time permits as it is very time consuming.

4. I setup rss feeds wherever possible. I usually use the RSS feed from my main page and put it on other pages. I set it to update as frequently as possible as I assume that this means the spiders will crawl more often. Which I think is good :confused:.

Statistics

373 Visits
    525 Pageviews
    1.41 Pages/Visit
    76.94% Bounce Rate
    00:02:22 Avg. Time on Site
    84.72% % New Visits

My stats have declined greatly since I stopped submitting articles to EA. To be honest with you all the work I put into the linking doesn't seem to have done anything. I checked google for my main keyword today and I went through all 56 pages and my website isn't even there.

I am pretty confused on what is going on. Seems like I should be on the 20th page or somewhere up in there. This google thing is a mystery to me.

It seems to me my time would have been better spent just writing articles as that has been a result of probably around 90% of my incoming traffic. All the other work has really just been a waste of time as near as I can tell. This thread was to test the ability of this method to generate traffic. So far it has generated 373 visits 273 of those came from ezine articles. Now I am sure that the key here is to make sure that you are targeting extremely low competition keywords with this method and by low I mean 0 page rank and lower to compete with. Even a one pagerank seems like a daunting task to achieve. This way you can use this method to get the #1 spot on google naturally for your keywords. Then the problem I run across is the LOW competition keywords get like 5 searches a day. So I ask myself is it really worth doing all this work to capture 5 hits a day when it takes 300+ to make a sale. Might as well just write articles. I will keep you updated though. I just submitted to all these web directories. They take awhile to go through. Next time this will be one of my 1st steps i think.

Thoughts

I am continuing to work on this campaign. I have a lot more work that can be done. I am however actively looking for a new niche. (any suggestions??:D)

based on what I have learned from this campaign my new niche must meet the following requirements:

1. Higher commissions
    2. extremely low competition keywords to target

I am having trouble finding something that has a high gravity and keywords that have low competition but are still getting decent search volumes and I feel is worth promoting.

Another thing that I have learned from this campaign, is that I must suck at copy. I have begun to read through the some blueprints on copy. I have also been reading the letters by Gary Halbert. These were recommended to me by someone. Any other books you guys can recommend would be great. I am going to read a book I think it is called hypnotic writing as well. Going to work on getting this copy thing down so I can start making some moolah.

So far my campaign is still sitting at 2 sales. Hardly justified by the amount of work I put in. I am not going to let that get me down though. I am just going to build upon what I have learned and my next campaign will be that much better because of it. I was hoping that I would be one of the instant success stories, but I guess that is not for everyone:rolleyes:!

Peace,

Micanator

Micanator, May 28, 2008 IP
  5. Boris_yo

Boris_yo Banned

Best Answers:
    Micanator,

1. You shouldn't waste so much time by listing Google pages and finding where your page is at for particular keyword, because there is a tool for this.

Here is Shoemoney's script:
      http://www.shoemoney.com/serps.php

2. You mentioned that you wanted to improve your article's CTR. You should read short report called 5 Fatal Bum Marketing Mistakes That Most People Make That Will Kill Your Profits Stone Dead which can be found in the link below:

http://www.babytoddlersupplies.com/5FatalBumMarketingMistakes.pdf

3. Do you market through blog? The BlogRush is a blog syndicating network. You place widget on your blog's sidebar and your blog appears on other people's blogs, while their blogs appear on your blog. In short it is nice traffic exchange program for blogs. There is also MyBlogLog community widget which is similar stuff.

BlogRush link: http://www.blogrush.com
      MyBlogLog link: http://www.mybloglog.com

Boris_yo, May 29, 2008 IP
  6. Micanator

Micanator Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Guys,

Just wanted to give you a little update as to how things are going.

I haven't been working on this much. As a result, my traffic has plummeted. I am getting around 8-10 hits a day usually with no opt ins.

I finished submitting my website to well over 100 website directories. This hasn't seemed to make a large impact on my traffic. I also redid the email sales copy of my auto responder. I made some vast improvements on this.

I have learned some very Key things throughout this process. Much of what I did was waste my time. I would like to share what I have learned for you.

The most important thing that should be focused on first is the Sales Copy of your site. This is going to make you the money. It was recommended to me that I set up split testing. This can be done with article marketing. You just create two blogs/sales pages. With Auto-responders. Then you send traffic to each of them. You test and tweak them until you are getting a conversion rate that you are happy with.

Then I would recommend writing articles like a bad dog. Whence you have a good sales copy all you need is people to see it.

This is a very generic process but it seems to make very good sense to me for someone starting out that wants to bum marketing. It also makes sure that you don't waste your time like I did. My Sales Copy is terrible. If I had tested it first and developed a good coversion rate my article marketing would have been much more profitable.

I am beginning to think that PPC way be the way to go in this business. PPC allows you to get a lot more customers with less work. Also, I am learning a lot about the power of split testing and optimizing the sales process to continually improve ROI. I suppose that you can also do this with bum marketing but it is a much more lengthy process. I think.

I am still learning as I go. I think I am going to try and sell some stuff on ebay to get some money to start up a PPC campaign. We will see.

Still no more sales on this campaign.:mad:

I need to make some more posts, write some more articles, write another email for autoresponders. I will keep you updated. WE have 6 more days until I reach 30....

Although this campaign was not a financial success I still see it as success based on the knowledge that I have received. I feel that I could set up another campaign right now and eliminate a HUGE chunk of unnecessary steps to create the same or better results that this campaign had. So in that regard I see it as a success.

:cool:Peace,

micanator

Micanator, Jun 2, 2008 IP
  7. Micanator

Micanator Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Boris I looked for my website using this tool and it is NOWHERE to be found :confused:

I really have no idea how that is possible. I have built a sh**load of links over the past month. I would think my site would be getting some decent Google love?

Micanator, Jun 2, 2008 IP
  8. WebAttend

WebAttend Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi Micanator,

I wouldn't be too down about not ranking yet. It seems you site is less than 30 days old, and I'm not sure which keywords your targeting, but I think google tends to mature a site in its ranking, as well as maturing links. If you keep building links, your site might start to rank in a few months. I tend to adopt the view that once a domain is 6 months old is when the fun starts. Just keep at it.

WebAttend, Jun 2, 2008 IP
  9. Micanator

Micanator Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey man,

Thanks for the encouragement. I will keep at it for sure. It would be a nice surprise to see traffic pouring in after six mos.

My site is a third party website. Blogger blog. I am not sure if that makes a difference or not?

Peace,

Micanator

Micanator, Jun 4, 2008 IP