1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

3 way link exchanges

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by driven, Jun 23, 2005.

I've heard that one way to avoid Google's New Link Dampening filter is to use 3 way link exchanges as opposed to 2way reciprocall link exchanges.

Have you found this to be a valid way of achieving high SERPS on google within an immediate timeframe as opposed to building slow reciprocal link exchanges?

driven, Jun 23, 2005 IP
  2. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    3-way exchanges definately are a good thing as they look alot less artificial. But there also alot harder to come by. If your in a situation to make use of it, i'd say go for it.

dcristo, Jun 23, 2005 IP
  3. Dirkjan

Dirkjan The Dutch SEO Guy

Best Answers:
    I was in such position, and tried it for a while. I gave up... too much thinking. Right now I just write content, and try to write a piece about a site of mine and link that in articles. A lot of 2 ways, lots of 3 ways, lots of intern linking.

For me, that works fine. Better than the 3 way strategies where I had to write it all down and keep a whole system in mind.

Dirkjan, Jun 23, 2005 IP
  4. North Carolina SEO

North Carolina SEO Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    We find that 3-way (and more way) links are good to us. We use a variety (maybe too many?) of links management applications to track inbound links and ensure they stay inbound. As Dirkjan stated, it takes a lot to try to do this by writing it down.

I wouldn't say that 3-way links will give you an immediate result. As with most things regarding SERPs, it can take a bit of time. Build plenty of links, ideally themed, and be patient. You're hard work will usually pay off as long as you don't try to take too many shortcuts. IMHO ;)

North Carolina SEO, Jun 23, 2005 IP
  5. benjones82

benjones82 Guest

Best Answers:
    Could somebody please clarify what 3 way linking is please

benjones82, Jun 23, 2005 IP
  6. accessionuk

accessionuk Peon

Best Answers:
    A links to B, B links to C, C links to A. The letters represent the sites. This way you avoid any potential link value reductions that may exist for usual reciprocal links. Also, while it's a good idea in theory, most people will attest that it is bitch to execute this in practice due to the number of parties involved.

accessionuk, Jun 23, 2005 IP
  7. seoindia

seoindia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds interesting but in practical how many practise it and have anyone got any result. I would like to try this one on one of my site. But i am a bit confused as i have never done that. U means that i have a site www.abc.com, for link page i take new domain abd.com and gives link to it from www.abc.com. Now when i am submiiting abc.com in cde.com in resprocal link url option i enter abd.com. Am i right?

But how many resiprocal directories accept it that way. If it is so than what about for evey site using the same abd.com making separate pages in it as if u have to book a new domain for every site resiprocal linking, its not possible.

seoindia, Jun 24, 2005 IP
  8. dcristo

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    It's not very practical at all and if you want to try and keep things relevant its even harder, thats why I think many just dont bother.

dcristo, Jun 24, 2005 IP
  9. dcristo

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Not really. With 3-ways its not really referring to interlinking between your own sites, but with others. Hence, the inpracticality.

dcristo, Jun 24, 2005 IP
  10. seo_expert

seo_expert Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Three-way links are beneficial to both the linking partners as both get a One-way links in return.

But don' try to do it with your own websites, in case you have 3-4 websites or if the domains are on the same C Class IP.

seo_expert, Jun 24, 2005 IP
  11. Dirkjan

Dirkjan The Dutch SEO Guy

Best Answers:
    Many people say stuff like that. I have 10 websites that all link to 1. It works like hell. I dont do all the 3way linking, but just link to my own domains because my domains have traffic.

In the end however I noticed that a link on a domain of myself, has more effect in google than extern, less optimized sites. On my own sites its often has pages with only 1 extern link, quite an amount of text, quite an amount of PR, and quite an amount of effect in Google.

The C Class IP didnt really slowed me down yet. Maybe because the websites are all heavily linked on extern IPs as well.

Dirkjan, Jun 24, 2005 IP
  12. Trance-formation

Trance-formation Peon

Best Answers:
    I try to offer links from one of my sites in return for links to another, but it is a real pain. People forget and keep complaining I haven't linked to them.

Trance-formation, Jun 24, 2005 IP
  13. sGroup

sGroup Peon

Best Answers:
    3-way link exchange & parallel link exchange

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I often get people asking the difference of 3-way link exchange and parallel link exchange.

Here is an explanation.

1)
    What is a 3-way link exchange?
    * You have two sites - "A" & "B".
    * Your link partner has one site "C" .
    * If "C" links to "A" and in return, "B" links to "C".
    This it is called 3-way link exchange.

2)
    What is a parallel link exchange?
    * You have two sites - "A" & "B".
    * Your link partner also has two sites "C" & "D".
    * If "C" links to "A" and in return "B" links to "D".
    This it is called parallel link exchange.

PM me if you are interested in 3-way link exchanges or parallel link exchanges.

sGroup, Dec 28, 2005 IP
  14. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't do the same kind of 3 way link exchange with too many sites :)

Blogmaster, Dec 29, 2005 IP
  15. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I'm still waiting for any evidence at all that there is or has been any devaluation whatsoever of recirpocal links per se.

There is abundant evidence that Google has a variety of ways of detecting and devaluing/discounting paid links.

There is, in my opinion, some suggestive though certainly not conclusive evidence that Google values relevant links more highly than non-relevant links.

Reciprocal links can and do occur "organically" - there are numerous such links from and to my main site, none of them arranged or purchased, and there is nothing special about my site in that regard. Authority sites tend to link to other authority sites and vice versa, precisely because they are authority sites.

If you believe that three way links help, knock yourself out. I think you're wasting a whole lot of time and energy on nothing at all.

minstrel, Dec 29, 2005 IP
  16. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Michael, any recommendations on link management software you use and like? How about Links Manager?

Minstrel, are you including things like Microsoft BCentral/SubmitIt links (which I just did, adding I think 12 links to the MSN SB directory), and JoeAnt, or other modalities of paid linking?

Interesting discussion. As always.

-Paul

northpointaiki, Dec 29, 2005 IP
  17. topsites

topsites Guest

Best Answers:
    I would agree, this technique would happen mostly by accident or coincidence. That google gives it more weight due to this factor, that is a possibility but it's not something I'm about to spend much time on because I feel it just needs to happen.

topsites, Dec 29, 2005 IP
  18. minstrel

Best Answers:
    I'm not talking about paying for submissions services - those aren't purchased links. Directories that require paid links or reciprocal links may be another matter, however; I have a feeling Google may already be working toward devaluing such links.

19. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Sorry, Minstrel, I should have been more specific - I'm not talking about MSN's/SubmiIt's submission service, I'm talking about the MSN small business directory, which allows a total of 18 unique links, or JoeAnt. Do you believe these are being set for the trash can, or other types of paid directories? (I don't know, maybe ones that obviously have no site architecture, deep pages, etc.)?

Paul

northpointaiki, Dec 29, 2005 IP
  20. minstrel

Best Answers:
    Good question. Are such links still worth something? I think so. Will they be worth a lot less and perhaps nothing in time? I think so.

Not facts. Suspicion, conjecture, opinion. I think the proliferation of general directories, many of them requiring reciprocal links or paid links, is something that Google cannot and will not ignore. Of course, one option is simply to discount all links back to directories - that may already be happening. Another is to discount or devalue all links from such directories as well.

On the other hand, certain directories may be designated as authority sites and those may be spared. Which ones are likely to be authority sites? Unknown.