1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

3 months later there is a penalty reprieve.

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by WabbyTwax, Sep 28, 2006.

Everybody saw I was the first to post about the penalty I received from Google for using the Co-Op when many of us started seeing it happen to our sites. This was on June 21st 2006. It looks like it took about 3 months for the penalty to subside because as of this week (of September 21st 2006) I am finally showing up back on page one for SERPs where I belong.

When I first realized I was penalized I removed the Co-Op and of course I will never use anything like it again. I didn't even need to use it and that was my biggest mistake.

I too made sitemaps and attempted to contact Google with re-inclusion requests etc. I also tried using alternate pre-existent domains that I had. I also have since removed my sitemaps just this past week.

I hope the rest of you see some reprieve as well.

I should also point out that there are other websites that I have that suffered the same penalty and still have yet to see a reprieve. I will make another post if I see those clear up as well.

WabbyTwax, Sep 28, 2006 IP
  2. kingjacob

kingjacob Peon

Best Answers:
    Could you explain, to a noob, what co op is and why google doesnt allow it?

kingjacob, Sep 28, 2006 IP
  3. disgust

disgust Guest

Best Answers:
    disgust, Sep 28, 2006 IP
    nddb likes this.
  4. WabbyTwax

WabbyTwax Peon

Best Answers:
    Two of my other websites have had the penalty lifted it seems. I have one more that hasn't been reprieved. Submitting a re-inclusion request might have helped because I did it for all but the one that is still being penalized.

WabbyTwax, Oct 12, 2006 IP
  5. Design1

Design1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's a great way to get free links on other peoples sites. A great way to find people that might not normally find your site. But as with anything Google related, you are taking your chances.

Design1, Oct 27, 2006 IP
  6. saadahmed007

saadahmed007 Admínistratör

Best Answers:
    CO-OP is great network to get links etc....It's all depends on how you manage weight etc...:)
    Saad

saadahmed007, Oct 27, 2006 IP
    nddb likes this.
  7. Design1

Design1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    im really not sure how my previous post got me bad rep a month ago.

Design1, Jul 28, 2008 IP
  8. Junkee

Junkee Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm just getting into all this IM stuff but I know Google doesn't like schemes that produce Phony traffic to their paying advertisers web sites. I read anyone caught in a clickad scheme will be banned from using Google adsense. Maybe these co-op groups are considered to be Phony traffic shemes by Google.

I still have alot to learn about what's going on.

Thanks everyone!

Junkee, Aug 10, 2008 IP