1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

3 Keys to Getting More Google Search Traffic To Your Website

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by jukebox9988, Apr 24, 2014.

1. arnold2001

arnold2001 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have a PR0 website. I have about 1,600 crappy articles. Initially there were zero backlinks. After all the pages got indexed my traffic has been a steady 8,000 to 10,000 visitors per month. I have not updated this site in about 16 months and the same steady flow continues. I created a second website with just as many articles at about the same time and got about 600 backlinks and the traffic has been around 2,000 a month. I have a third PR4, website with about 300 excellent articles, it is about 8 years old, it has over 8,000 back links, and it only gets about 300 visitors a month. I would say content is key, but have no clue as to what impacts traffic the most.

arnold2001, Apr 25, 2014 IP
  2. jukebox9988

jukebox9988 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's not manipulation. It's simply an authority website model.

Lots of content, lots of links and catchy headlines.

jukebox9988, Apr 25, 2014 IP
  3. jukebox9988

Best Answers:
    That's a good point. If you are in a specialized niche, then this works. But for most people, they need to publish lots of content to build a readership and get traffic.

4. jukebox9988

Best Answers:
    Exactly. More content is more traffic. The crappy articles get more visitors because of volume. Lots of great content gets hidden in Google. It's so competitive and any one of the top 10 listings is usually a good article.

5. jukebox9988

Best Answers:
    Update: April 25, 2014

Thanks for all of the awesome replies. Lots of you bring up excellent points so I'd like to continually update this thread with my recent findings.

1. Crap Content vs High Quality Content

There's a huge misconception on what makes content quality. Too many people believe it's length or word count. This is false.

Quality content is engaging and answers the query. It's time to rethink everything and do the opposite of everyone else.

Case Study: InvestoPedia

Look how short this page for the search query "what is retained earnings"

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/r/retainedearnings.asp

It's barely 150 words but it does answer the question. So good content can be REALLY Short. Better to write a short 100 word article than a 2,000 word entry that doesn't get read. Just update your website and get something up.

2. Link Spamming

All the Google updates hurt non-authority websites. If you link spam any big website like Forbes.com or TMZ.com, nothing will happen. So it's not about link quality. It's about link diversity. These sites get lots of links from many sites. Both good and bad. By thinking of diversity, my sites continue to climb in the SERPS. Connect as many quality sites to your sites as possible. That builds authority.

6. praetserge

praetserge Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Finally, somebody said something sensible around here as content is not about word count but about answering searcher's query.
    All google want is for their visitors get the answers as quickly as possible regardless if the article is 100 words or 5000 words.

praetserge, Apr 25, 2014 IP
  7. naik4

naik4 Member

Best Answers:
    Should update your website regularly with quality content. If you contents provides information, more any more visitors will return to your post and increasing your SERP rating as well as backlinks.

naik4, Apr 25, 2014 IP
  8. Pooja Gupta

Pooja Gupta Member

Best Answers:
    Nice post. I agree with your point but I don't agree with 2 point because quality is more important than quantity.

Pooja Gupta, Apr 26, 2014 IP
  9. seovinod86

seovinod86 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    just do quality work. unique content.

seovinod86, Apr 26, 2014 IP
  10. diamondho

diamondho Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    so good, thanks for sharing

diamondho, Apr 26, 2014 IP
  11. JackSeal

JackSeal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Quantity over quality works as well. My traffic increased dramatically since implementing that strategy. It just covers more bases.

JackSeal, Apr 26, 2014 IP
  12. meethi jain

meethi jain Active Member

Best Answers:
    I will not agree with ones factors on quantity both! I'll recognize when you intended receive good quality backlinks along with increase how much the high quality backlinks! Personally i think that will make more feeling!

meethi jain, May 8, 2014 IP
  13. abiabiah

abiabiah Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    1. You should do guest posting with do follow links.

2. You should get do follow links from forums

3. You should participate in social media.

abiabiah, May 10, 2014 IP