1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

3 good dmoz questions..

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by papertowel, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Do think that dmoz hesitates to list parked domains? I wonder if it is better to just put up a temp page and wait...

2. dmoz and adult sites... does anyone know if adult domains tend to take longer than non?

3. Is becoming an editor good for expiditing te process?

Thanks!!!
    SEMrush

papertowel, Sep 28, 2005 IP
    SEMrush
  2. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    IIRC, DMOZ will not list either - if your site is parked or under construction, don't waste your time. Wait until the site is a real site and then submit.

The same is true for other directories, by the way. I have already had submissions to my new niche directory that are basically 2 or 3 unfinished pages. There's no way any self-respecting directory will list a site like that.

Don't know but judging from the number of such sites with multiple listings my suspicion is if anything they'll get listed more quickly... and more often... :eek:

I'd say almost certainly... if you can get accepted as an editor.

minstrel, Sep 28, 2005 IP
  3. macdesign

macdesign Peon

Best Answers:
    A very bad idea. Since (despite all the complaints to the contrary) a review could occur the day after you submit, your suggestion for review will be immediately deleted in this case, as being "under construction" and wasting the editors time. If you then go and add content, it's too bad, since it will not be reviewed. You will have to submit again, and that's bad, it means when reviewed, you already have a negative rep. Site review times will vary, but I do a quick initial review of all submitted (in the ares where I edit) sites within a week, to ensure that the sites are not parked, not under construction, and worth keeping for later review.

No idea, it's not a measurable statistic.

If that's the reason you want to become an editor, don't waste your time making an application. If you did get in, and failed to admit that was the reason, someone will catch you 99.99% of the time, and you will be kicked out, and your site may be red tagged.

macdesign, Sep 28, 2005 IP
  4. papertowel

papertowel Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks minstrel. I keep hearing these horror stories about people never being list on dmoz.. I guess it all (most) depends on your editor. I think ill apply!

minstrel likes this.
  5. papertowel

papertowel Peon

Best Answers:
    macdesign -- thanks.. and I was jk about applying in my last post!!

But really though, some of the "parked" sites can have real relevancy... for example... I have www.auditfix.com parked.. but its very well targeted with no pops ups and serves a purposes better than most of its contemporary tax audit info sites out there. For people wanting to fix an audit... its a real resource. I wonder though, if relevancy outweighs the label of "parked" if its with a good service and keyworded well.... just some thoughts. peace

6. macdesign

macdesign Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry, but www.auditfix.com would be deleted instantly it just links to other sites without providing any useful content of it's own. A really sharp editor might check out the links to see if they lead anywhere good, but those sites would end up getting listed, not yours.

macdesign, Sep 28, 2005 IP
  7. papertowel

papertowel Peon

Best Answers:
    as they say.. content is king!

but then I guess by default no directory would ever be listed on this directory!?!?! hehehe :D