1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

$3.5 Million AdSense check

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by mrvyper, Apr 3, 2008.

1. JohnGBUK

JohnGBUK Guest

Best Answers:
    And looking the the links provided here and the talk (including mine of course) he is suceeding in what he is doing to get traffic !

JohnGBUK, Apr 6, 2008 IP
  2. BWDOW

BWDOW Guest

Best Answers:
    I would inform the tax office. I think this guy gives something fake.

BWDOW, Apr 6, 2008 IP
  3. frankcadillac

frankcadillac Peon

Best Answers:
    a lie. nobody earning this much money has curly hair ! :)

frankcadillac, Apr 6, 2008 IP
  4. sameer4481

sameer4481 Peon

Best Answers:
    Its Totally Fake.

sameer4481, Apr 6, 2008 IP
  5. bill-mcintosh

bill-mcintosh Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi everyone,

I'm the guy in the video.

I posted the video just before leaving town to go on a trip with my family. I intended to use that video in an upcoming blog post when I got home. I asked some friends and employees to go check out the video and some of them bookmarked it. This apparently started an avalanche. Amazingly the video has gotten an astounding amount of people talking about it. It's gotten more than 10 youtube honors in all, had a ton of video views, made the top of its category yesterday and has really taken off.

While out of town with my family I talked to a friend of mine and he told me about all the activity. So I decided to fire up my laptop, stop lurking over here at DP, sign up and give you guys some more data:

The response to my video has had 2 sides: The first group of people has gone over to my blog and signed up. Many of them have sent some nice comments and acknowledgements to me. I've had a ton of traffic, sign ups and people sending me questions in the last 24 hours (I'll eventually get to answer them all). The second group of people are shocked by the amount of money my AdSense 1099 tax form is and are skeptical. Without all the background data I had planned to put in the upcoming blog post I guess I could see why some people would be skeptical. $3.5 million is a lot of money. However, that document is 100% authentic and unaltered. I really did make $3.5 million last year in revenue from AdSense.

Some answers to your questions and comments:

I'm not promoting some get rich quick scheme. In fact, as you may have noticed, I don't even have anything for sale on my site. I've had the domain name billmcintosh.com for a while and I decided recently to start a site where I'll give away free coaching, tips, advice, wordpress plugins and scripts. Does that mean I'll never sell an internet marketing product ever? I can't promise that, but I definitely don't have plans to release any kind of get rich quick scheme through this site anytime in the future.

I have so many websites I can't even count them. they're spread across 15+ dedicated servers plus more virtual private servers and shared hosting accounts. I buy some sites, I build some, but my staff creates most of them for me.

My AdSense income came from a variety of places: Organic SEO, membership sites where I displayed AdSense to members while they are visiting the paid content section, sites that I drive traffic to with PPC, and on pages where I send people who I feel will not convert into customers on one of my sites.

During 2007 I drove a TON of traffic. Some days I had 150,000 visitors on just one of my sites.

And although you can see that I've make a lot of money using AdSense, I do not recommend someone relying upon 100% AdSense earnings for a business. AdSense is volatile and Google is not an easy company to partner with. I know of several horror stories where someone started making a nice income from AdSense, then overnight...SLAP! Google pulls the rug out from under them and bans their account for a silly reason. (this forum is filled with these stories) And just like that they have no business. So AdSense is a good start, but definitely not the only way you should earn income.

I'm no slick salesman with a hidden agenda. As you can see in my video it's just me behind my desk filming a video late at night after all my employees have gone home. I threw up a sheet behind me, pointed lights at it and hit record. No high dollar camera, teleprompter or production crew for me. In fact, I didn't even shave that day... just my scruffy old self =)

I'm not claiming I made $3.5 million bucks in pure profit from AdSense. Nor is AdSense my only income source. I have more than 20 employees and probably 20 more outside contractors working for my various companies. That along with marketing and promotion eats up a chunk of my revenue.

When I get home (or maybe earlier if I have time while away) I'll make another video and post giving you guys more details. I'll also provide some more proof for the skeptics out there.

So if you feel you can learn something from me go check out my video and my site. If not, that's fine too. Either way I wish you luck with your adventures in the world of Internet marketing.

bill-mcintosh, Apr 6, 2008 IP
  6. scottelkin

scottelkin Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for the reply

scottelkin, Apr 7, 2008 IP
  7. bsklep

bsklep Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is fake.. 99% fake!

bsklep, Apr 7, 2008 IP
  8. dead@27

dead@27 Member

Best Answers:
    Is this fake??????? Why the hell would you brag about this?

Wouldnt you be to busy doing real stuff?

Like the freeway signs that say "million dollar real estate investor seeks apprentice".

A million dollar real estate investor wouldn't be spamming the off-ramps with ghetto signs.

dead@27, Apr 7, 2008 IP
  9. ODCHOI

ODCHOI Peon

Best Answers:
    Really, I was thinking that he really did it. BTW are you still in need of forum posters? Why not try widecircles?

ODCHOI, Apr 7, 2008 IP
  10. forumtyrone

forumtyrone Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi there, why were you wearing a worn out coat if you have 3.5M $? :)

forumtyrone, Apr 7, 2008 IP
  11. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Fake, for sure. But good way of getting visitors :)

Mess, Apr 7, 2008 IP
  12. kg_lew

kg_lew Peon

Best Answers:
    adsense can make some serious cash... but 3.5 million... thats kind of a lot, how many websites you need or how much daily traffic?

kg_lew, Apr 7, 2008 IP
  13. bestserviceforyou

bestserviceforyou Peon

Best Answers:
    A bunch of crappy looking sites still make lots of cash...look at plentyoffish, he makes like a mill a month with that site and its awfull looking.

bestserviceforyou, Apr 7, 2008 IP
  14. Germz

Germz Peon

Best Answers:
    WTF? Mcintosh, show me 50 sites that are yours that have adsense on it, and then I'll believe your video is real, otherwise go scam other people. As a matter of fact I'm gonna make a video just like yours right this minute.

Germz, Apr 7, 2008 IP
  15. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Mess, Apr 7, 2008 IP
  16. Skribblez

Skribblez Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So, what do you have to say about cheating the views on your YouTube video, eh? ;) At first, it only had a few comments, views, and ratings (1 star), and it just out of nowhere went up to 80,000 views. The ratings also suddenly went from 1 star to 4/5 star. :)

The comments to views ratio proves this cheating.

So nice of Mr. "scottelkin" up there to post, isn't it? :)

http://www.youtube.com/scottelkin

^ Another one of your fake accounts. ;)

Skribblez, Apr 7, 2008 IP
  17. The Stealthy One

The Stealthy One Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Hmmm, I don't know whether to believe that or not.

The Stealthy One, Apr 7, 2008 IP
  18. kush86

kush86 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You couldn't be more wrong about millionaire real estate investors spamming off-ramps and other places to advertise. I should know, I am a real estate investor and I know a few millionaires.

One thing you people fail to realize that millionaires have more free time than any of you. They have time to do what they want when they want.

kush86, Apr 7, 2008 IP
  19. forumtyrone

forumtyrone Peon

Best Answers:
    100k videos in youtube isn't not great anyway :)

forumtyrone, Apr 7, 2008 IP
  20. whatyaknow

whatyaknow Peon

Best Answers:
    I want my time back wasted watching this stupid video......... what a douche!

whatyaknow, Apr 7, 2008 IP