1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

3.3.7 problems

Discussion in 'Optigold ISP' started by Drwho17, Feb 28, 2005.

I upgraded from Optigold 3.3.2 to 3.3.7 last week, and now we are noticing errors in our reports and payment history. Our automatic withdrawal customers payment is showing the incorrect credit card number in both cases, the first 4 digits are gone, the income/refund report therefore is wrong, and the credit card type is identified incorrectly since Optigold appears to use the first 4 digits to identify the card type. The customers record is correct, and the payment is applied properly, it appears the info written to the database is incorrect however.

I looked over the revision log and didn't see anything that would have caused this, please let me know what to look for to fix this.

Drwho17, Feb 28, 2005 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The first 4 digits are supposed to be gone, although it should not affect payments already in the system. Do you have a screenshot of one of the payments?

digitalpoint, Feb 28, 2005 IP
  3. Drwho17

Drwho17 Guest

Best Answers:
    Here, is a screenshot of the payment history screen. url removed sent to . The income/refund report by type appears to use the 12-digit numbers here and classify the card type incorrectly, which is problematic for our accounting department when they do a daily reconsiliation, with each card vendor type.

Drwho17, Feb 28, 2005 IP
  4. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    What should it be in that example's case?

5. Drwho17

Drwho17 Guest

Best Answers:
    It is a VISA, not a Mastercard. They are all messed up in this way, Amex/Bank Debit/MC/Visa, as I mentioned it appears to be looking at digits 5-8 on the card to classify the type, as opposed to 1-4, which no longer appear in the payment window either.

Drwho17, Feb 28, 2005 IP
  6. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hmmm... when I test it, it's creating them as it should... 16 digit card numbers with the number showing as 4xxx-xxxx-xxxx-1234 (and rightfully classified as a Visa). How exactly was that payment created?

7. Drwho17

Drwho17 Guest

Best Answers:
    It was processed via automated task, as an automatic charge to the persons credit card.

Drwho17, Feb 28, 2005 IP
  8. Drwho17

Drwho17 Guest

Best Answers:
    Shawn, if you'd like to login to it remotely I can let you log into it via a windows terminal server client.

Drwho17, Feb 28, 2005 IP
  9. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I'm just not seeing it... I've setup a test environment, and every way I test it, it comes out as expected. I've tested manual transactions, credit cards run with the Bill Customers button on the main menu and also setup an automated task environment and tested it with that.

Are you certain the customer is a credit card customer (the Use field on their Billing Info screen says "Credit Card")?

digitalpoint, Mar 1, 2005 IP
  10. Drwho17

Drwho17 Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes, it says "Credit Card", please call me, I left a message with shawn@sales to have you call my extension. This is a critical issue, I can just let you terminal server in to one of my machines and apply a payment, to duplicate the issue.

Drwho17, Mar 1, 2005 IP
  11. Drwho17

Drwho17 Guest

Best Answers:

It is all customers, since the upgrade, when we apply a credit card payment via the scripts or automated task. I can look at the income/refund report and see it change since 2/25/2005 when I did the upgrade.

Drwho17, Mar 1, 2005 IP
  12. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Without being able to duplicate the problem on this end, there isn't a whole lot I'm able to do. If you want to zip up your data files, put them on your FTP server and PM me the location, I'll grab them and see if I can replicate it with your setup.

digitalpoint, Mar 1, 2005 IP
  13. Drwho17

Drwho17 Guest

Best Answers:
    I've zipped it up and posted the location via PM. Thanks.

Drwho17, Mar 1, 2005 IP
  14. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I was able to replicate it with your setup... it looks like it a bug if you choose to show the full credit card number with every payment, rather than blocking some of it out. Technically (legally) you should be blocking part of it and it's the default setting in Optigold. But I'll see about getting it fixed. In the meantime, you may want to block part of the credit card showing on every payment.

digitalpoint, Mar 2, 2005 IP
  15. Drwho17

Drwho17 Guest

Best Answers:
    Would that be the selection under Maintenance -> General Preferences -> Credit Card Payment Records Partial Number, I need to set that to ON?

Drwho17, Mar 3, 2005 IP
  16. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yes, that is correct.

digitalpoint, Mar 3, 2005 IP