1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

2nd Domain name bought that's older than mine but......

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by FoxyFLS, Mar 8, 2010.

Right, I've a site that I've been running for 11 months and the domain is .info

Its in a small niche but I'm happy with it. Its more a hobby forum that is starting to get active. I rank 4th for my keyword and have around 3500+ backlinks and a pr3. A 5 year+ .net domain of the same domain as my .info became available yesterday and I bought it. What's the best way of setting this up. I'd say a .net is liked more by big G than .info and its also older too.

I've been advised to pick one, and redirect via a 301 redirect to the other so I don't get into any issues with duplicate / identical content on 2 indexed domains. With the .info domain having more backlinks can I 301 redirect .info to the .net domain and will it gain the juice from the .info backlinks?

I think I'd rather have .net as the main one because its more top level than the newer .info but I've worked hard on my backlinks on the .info and I'm not sure how the PR juice and more importantly the SEO will be affected by this chance?

P.S the .com isn't available :(

FoxyFLS, Mar 8, 2010 IP
  2. seo555

seo555 Peon

Best Answers:
    if you redirect you .info domain to .net or .net redirect to .info so simple thing so loss ranking any one domain also PR, backlink and SERP

seo555, Mar 8, 2010 IP
  3. alfredthomson1

alfredthomson1 Banned

Best Answers:
    you can park the .net domain at your content and forward the .info domain to .net..........................so it will get the PR and traffic by the next TBPR update...............else make a new website and promote the .net domain separately.........

alfredthomson1, Mar 9, 2010 IP