1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

2FA App on Phone for Facebook 'Broke'

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by 0kap1, Jul 4, 2021.

App frozen...will not open. Appears corrupted.

Therefore, cannot log in to Facebook. Cannot turn off 2FA or generate QR code with a new authorization app.

No backup codes generated or secure friends. Not logged in on another device.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

0kap1, Jul 4, 2021 IP
  2. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Reboot your computer.

mmerlinn, Jul 4, 2021 IP
  3. 0kap1

0kap1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the reply. However, this has been going on for 3 days. I've set up FB with 2FA. The problem is that the authenticator on my phone is no longer working. FB requires an authentication code from an already synced app for access as per my settings. The code authenticator on my phone that was linked/synced to FB is now broken. I must enter a code for entry but now have no synced app to provide a code. Until I can enter FB account I can't reset preferences (turn 2FA off or switch to SMS) or reestablish a new authenticator link with a different, working authentication app.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2021
    0kap1, Jul 4, 2021 IP
  4. mmerlinn

Best Answers:
    So, if I read this correctly, you cannot access FB from any other device. Devices always fail eventually, so not having a backup of some sort leaves you high and dry when your device fails. Not a good scenario.

mmerlinn, Jul 4, 2021 IP
  5. 0kap1

0kap1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Agree. I should have printed out the offered emergency backup codes. Only option offered on failed login was to contact FB support with personal ID to verify that I am the owner of the account but I'm hesitant to do so...
    May have no other choice... without access to a code from a previously FB linked/recognized and working authentication app.
    Thanks

0kap1, Jul 4, 2021 IP
  6. mmerlinn

Best Answers:
    I am confused. Why should you be hesitant to contact FB with your personal ID? They cannot verify ownership with your personal ID unless they ALREADY have a copy of your personal ID to verify against. If they do not already have it, giving it to them will not confirm the veracity of your claim.

mmerlinn, Jul 4, 2021 IP
  7. 0kap1

0kap1 Peon

Best Answers:
    They have my name and email address. Nothing else was provided to them. For this issue they are requesting an image of my driver's license or passport which they will hold for up to a year.

0kap1, Jul 4, 2021 IP
  8. mmerlinn

Best Answers:
    In other words, except for your name and email address they have NO way of verifying your account but want you to provide information to them that does NOT verify the validity of your claim. Totally asinine!

Only a year? So they say. My experience with critical information is that whoever gets it cannot be trusted to protect it. Witness all of the stolen personal information from entities large and small.

For example at FB: http://www.google.com/search?q=face...rg.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a

One of the MANY reasons I have never been able to FORCE myself to sign up on FB.

mmerlinn, Jul 4, 2021 IP