1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

2CO (2Checkout) Sucks......

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by Rage, Nov 24, 2006.

1. black.hat

black.hat Active Member

Best Answers:
    they are a bunch of scammers - Stay A Way From Them -

black.hat, Oct 27, 2009 IP
  2. blog8491

blog8491 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    My accounts was closed in the last week of June, I qualified to release my final payments after 3 months. Still I'm contacting them to get the Air Mail check. I wonder why they release it as a wire transfer or payoneer card.

Thanks
    Blog.

blog8491, Oct 27, 2009 IP
  3. Zirkon Kalti

Zirkon Kalti Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I saw many negative reviews about 2checkout on the internet. For buyers, 2checkout provide secure payment service. They are pay attention to their sellers to prevent fraud happens.

Zirkon Kalti, Oct 27, 2009 IP
  4. wholesaleforums

wholesaleforums Peon

Best Answers:
    anyone got information about other companies which are good to use ? I am using paypal at the moment and want to have a back up incase they do what I have seen on paypalsuck website

wholesaleforums, Oct 27, 2009 IP
  5. rolf_janes

rolf_janes Peon

Best Answers:
    I think we all should try to keep away form 2CO

rolf_janes, Oct 28, 2009 IP
  6. blog8491

blog8491 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    People who can receive paypal, they need a service from 2c0, fastspring or plimus.

Thanks
    Blog.

blog8491, Oct 28, 2009 IP
  7. kaykhanittha

kaykhanittha Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

What about 2 checkout now ?

What other alternative ?

Thanks for help.

kaykhanittha, Mar 26, 2011 IP
  8. craigedmonds

craigedmonds Notable Member

Best Answers:
    2checkout totally sucks and they rip you off.

I have (had) an account with them for 8 years, never had any chargebacks no issues with my account and processed ten of thousands of $ in that time. I am a registered legit US business for over 12 years and not a back alley fraudster.

Recently I had TWO chargebacks for €15 each (first ones ever after thousands of transactions) and they advised me not to refund the chargebacks through the 2checkout control panel and let the chargeback system do its work. I followed the advice of 2checkout to the letter.

In fact, I even contacted the customer who is a good friend of mine for many years and he had no ideas about the chargebacks!!!!! He thinks maybe the bank has made them on his behalf.

Yesterday however, out of the blue, I received an email from 2checkout saying my account was closed and all my funds were now on hold for 90 days.

No warning, just my account is closed, we have your money and nothing you can do. Now they dont even reply to give me any clear reasons as to why, simply saying "our upstream providers have made the decision".

They have basically held onto all my funds for 90 days, charged me another $50 as "chargeback fees".

Maybe its part of their business model, when they need $50k they just close a load of accounts hang onto the money for 90 days and quote you the terms and conditions....then wait for more suckers to sign up...who knows, but its criminal really.

Here is the email I got from them saying my 2checkout account was closed........

Dear XXXXXX LLC,

The following notes have been added to your account.
    Please review this information and take corrective action, if needed by: as soon as possible.

Details: We regret to inform you that 2Checkout can no longer support your payment processing. Because of high recent chargeback activity, we were required by our upstream provider to close your account 1289898.

Whenever an account is closed, we try to provide time to locate a different payment processor, but we were not given this option in this case and were forced to close your account immediately. Your account has been closed and has read-only access and you will still be able to review your sales information. The account will be paid out 13 cycles after your most recent sale. We hold payment for 90 days to allow time for refund and chargeback activity.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this may create for your business. Although we are no longer able to work with you, we do wish you the very best for your business going forward. If you have any questions, please contact us at .

WHAT DA F**K??? "sincerely apologise"? Dont think so somehow.

DONT USE THEM UNLESS YOU ARE DESPERATE!!!

craigedmonds, Apr 10, 2013 IP
  9. wwwoliondorcom

wwwoliondorcom Member

Best Answers:
    So incredible !!! As bad as Paypal !

Hey, someone from 2co is active on web hosting talk board, maybe you should write on the thread there ?

Someone working at 2chekout and telling that they are the best :)

Confront them !

Don't give up, this could happen to any of us and they should be punished for this !

wwwoliondorcom, Apr 10, 2013 IP
  10. bluebenz

bluebenz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I was use 2co several years a go, but they never ask my customers about received items or something else.
    Also, they pay on time..

But, I don't know if asking our customers is one of new policy they have..
    And, if this is happen, I completely not agree, if the customers not satisfy with delivered items, they can contact 2co to dispute their money..

bluebenz, Apr 10, 2013 IP
  11. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes! Their fees are low very high & expensive. Their check delivery is also very slow.

iwebsocial, Apr 11, 2013 IP
  12. LiveTecs

LiveTecs Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can try Avangate payment processor also.

LiveTecs, Apr 11, 2013 IP
  13. moominmaster

moominmaster Peon

Best Answers:
    Anyone processing with 2checkout should be very careful. We processed over 1.2 million dollars through them over a space of 8 years.

Funny co-incidence but they got thier mastercard processing pulled just before christmas. They managed to find another gateway but it looks like its offshore based.

Just about this time we got LOTS of chargebacks. We have been following up with our customers and many chargebacks are very suspect. Customers claiming they didn't chargeback, only wanted a refund ect...

No warning they just closed our account and put a hold on the funds. 90 Days later and they refuse to release it.

Looks to me like they could be going out of business and are resorting to some very underhand tatics.

moominmaster, Apr 30, 2013 IP
  14. buythiscomputer

buythiscomputer Member

Best Answers:
    Any update about 2checkout ? Wondering if it's even worth contacting them...

Stripe seems better ?

buythiscomputer, Sep 12, 2013 IP
  15. shalwan

shalwan Banned

Best Answers:
    paypal is best and trusted by millions.

shalwan, Sep 14, 2013 IP
  16. buythiscomputer

buythiscomputer Member

Best Answers:
    Until they close your account...

buythiscomputer, Sep 14, 2013 IP
  17. thewebber

thewebber Member

Best Answers:
    Just Try ( CCNow.com ) it is Best...!

thewebber, Sep 24, 2013 IP
  18. craigedmonds

craigedmonds Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Have you seen ccnow's prohibited items list? http://www.ccnow.com/prohibited-items Pretty much covers every sellable item on the planet. If you are selling plots on the moon you should be okay though.

craigedmonds, Sep 24, 2013 IP