1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

2CO (2Checkout) Sucks......

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by Rage, Nov 24, 2006.

1. saadahmed007

saadahmed007 Admínistratör

Best Answers:
    Then your account will not be verified and payments will be reveresed :eek:
    Saad

saadahmed007, Nov 28, 2006 IP
    redhits likes this.
  2. razzer001

razzer001 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'll give you my experience with 2CO, firstly i don't think they are bad, but they aren't great either. From the complaints i see on this thread it seems people have problems with their verification system.

2CO does call customers initially to make sure they got their product, this is to make sure you aren't scamming people and going to run off with their money, as a person could do using paypal. In my case, they held payment for the first two weeks and on the third i got a whooper of a payment and have been paid weekly without any problems.

If you mail physical goods out, it is COMMON SENSE and a requirement by 2CO and also any other credit card merchants that you add some form of tracking, i always add signature delivery confirmation, this costs about a $1 extra, but it stops people from doing fraudulent charge backs. This is also how you can inform 2CO that your items are reaching customers by submitting tracking.

Now if you live outside of USA you can add registered service to the package, all countries that follow the international postal system do this, this will allow you to provide proof that your packages were delivered even if they're shipped internationally.

Also if you need the money first from the customer to either buy the product or use towards shipping, then you should know this is very bad business practice and you shouldn't be allowed to do it as it leaves consumers at risk or not getting their merchandise.

2CO is bad about their customer service, they are in favor of the customer, that's why having tracking on packages is a must. Then again paypal really is not much better, they will freeze your account on whim.

I have used 2CO for over 6 months now and have done close to $90000 worth of transactions and even had my fees lowered, i am swtiching to a merchant account, as the fees are lower and i don't like it that someone else has power over issuing refunds. If you have a small operation then 2CO is good, if you run a big shop, then get something else and if you sell intangible goods (software downloads) don't bother with 2CO, you will end up getting charge backs that you wont be able to fight.

razzer001, Dec 1, 2006 IP
  3. redhits

redhits Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Honest to be, did you received any charge backs?! If the customers are digitalpoint or others forums you can be very sure your fraud-transactions won't count 1%

Also I observed that if the clinets are coming from google.com you will have for some keyword (specially seo related) around 50% fraudulent transactions (Yes fraudulent, because if an idiot is asking a charge back after he paid something he received, it's still a fraud, no? )

razzer001 , anybody can do a charge back .... you are talking about requiring a refund... If a buyer is not satisfied and it will contact 2CO the client is asking for a refund... if the client want a charge back, he will must to ask the charge-back from his back. Actually you can charge back any transactions even WIRE/AHC ones!!!!

redhits, Dec 1, 2006 IP
  4. redhits

redhits Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes... I understand you that some people are idiots/bad guys and they will pretend they didn't get your links... but this cases are very rare, i think that more often you will find people who will use stolen credits cards for buying from your website ... why not submitting a ticket for a refund it was made and ask them the real problem of the refund... you will find out that in 90% of cases the problem will be a stolen credit card... and those credit cards are usually site-banned 2CO

redhits, Dec 1, 2006 IP
  5. dv88

dv88 Peon

Best Answers:
    I've used 2co for a while and they have worked well for me. The only problem is that they don't provide an API so I can track recurring payments.

dv88, Dec 1, 2006 IP
  6. redhits

redhits Notable Member

Best Answers:
    However, they provide some kind of "API". You can build your own php script, and integrate it into the system and track all the data

redhits, Dec 1, 2006 IP
  7. Pat Gael

Pat Gael Banned

Best Answers:
    I have a moneybookers account since a couple of year as an option for people who cannot access other payment methods.

Nobody has required this service yet, but it sounds strange to me when I tried to delete or modify old email accounts, finding that there is no way to do so and no way to get someone helping you on this matter.

Pat Gael, Dec 1, 2006 IP
  8. eXe

eXe Notable Member

Best Answers:
  9. razzer001

razzer001 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have been charged 3 charge backs, 2 which i got reversed and 1 which i couldn't. For the two i got reversed all i did was show proof that the item had been delivered to the persons address and that they had signed for it. Signature delivery confirmation can reverse chargebacks, at least they have for me. The one i couldn't fight was for a item that was returned and the buyer asked for a charge back before i could refund.

I agree, 2CO does little to protect sellers from charge backs, luckily i choose to protect myself the best i can.

razzer001, Dec 5, 2006 IP
  10. DannyBly

DannyBly Peon

Best Answers:
    I tried 2CO but also use google checkout and paypal - the recurring billing feature was something that made me go for 2CO but I think paypal has that too now :cool:

DannyBly, Dec 5, 2006 IP
  11. tommyinnn

tommyinnn Member

Best Answers:
    Beware of 2 Check Out, they approved my site 31 days ago, on the 32nd day (after you can’t get a refund for the $50), they cancel it & say my site is on the prohibited list, and say they are going to keep the money I made for 90 days. Every person you talk to there had a different story, it’s like your talking to a different company each time. I had never had a customer ask for a refund, but what’s really crazy is they give the customer a link in their welcome email that allows them to cancel & have their money refunded!! 2Checkout.com is a SCAM, use Paypal, their fees are much lower, there is no hold on payments, & they have a REAL debit card, not a 3rd party pre paid. 2Checkout also has several lawsuites against them pending (check google)

tommyinnn, Nov 18, 2008 IP
  12. Rage

Rage Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    :( awwww.....

submit your story at http://www.2checkoutsucks.net

Rage, Nov 18, 2008 IP
  13. john14789

john14789 Peon

Best Answers:
    I would never us 2CO just because their fees are crazy. I get mad when I have to pay 2% fees for my merchant account.

john14789, Nov 18, 2008 IP
  14. cldnails

cldnails Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No doubt their fees are ridiculous, but the protection they provide for brick 'n mortar sites going online is great. It can really provide them some security from charge backs from stolen CC's etc.

cldnails, Nov 26, 2008 IP
  15. john14789

john14789 Peon

Best Answers:
    Best to just use a merchant account by your bank. This has been the best solution for me.

john14789, Nov 26, 2008 IP
  16. sampathsl

sampathsl Guest

Best Answers:
    Rage same thing happen to me. Now they hold my money since they cannot contact the customers. How do I control the customers? This is very crazy. I don't recommend any vendor to work with 2CO. Such a bad company.
    If you want to lock your money for a long time please go for 2CO. When you first go you are warmly welcomed by them they are so friendly but when you go with the business a team called risk management comes into play. They do all these things. You are right they come up with so unprofessional justifications.

sampathsl, Dec 11, 2008 IP
  17. Rage

Rage Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    very unfortunate....

try contacting there customer support and let them know the situation... you dont have much options out there for you. did you tried your self contacting the customer?

Rage, Dec 12, 2008 IP
  18. sampathsl

sampathsl Guest

Best Answers:
    I tried to contact the customer, no respond from him.

sampathsl, Dec 12, 2008 IP
  19. TatiAnA

TatiAnA Active Member

Best Answers:
    2Checkout sucks, one of my payment that was released last November 13 is still not deposited to my bank account. When i contacted them, the problem is with my bank. LOL!!!!! I never encountered a wire transfer that took a month to be deposited.

2co sucks, yea stay away from them.

TatiAnA, Dec 12, 2008 IP
  20. xSnGx

xSnGx Active Member

Best Answers:
    They not only suck look at the fees that comes along with the account. Its like .30 + 5.5%? Soemthing like that

xSnGx, Dec 14, 2008 IP