1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

2CO (2Checkout) Sucks......

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by Rage, Nov 24, 2006.

1. saadahmed007

saadahmed007 Admínistratör

Best Answers:
    They will refund the payment..Btw they really suck man i had a issue with them aswell and they finally closed my account becuase i created too many tickets Thanks god i had no $$ in it :)
    Saad

saadahmed007, Nov 28, 2006 IP
  2. cldnails

cldnails Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Going through the very same problem right now. The worst part is, they didn't notify ME, their paying customer, that they were going through the verification process. Why the hell not, it's MY money, not theirs.

I've been very displeased with 2CO from the very first transaction and I need to stick it out, if I want to get my money. I would never recommend them to anyone...ever... I don't trust a company that assumes I'm a fraud when I first sign up, they need to wait for probable cause. Terrible, terrible, terrible service.

cldnails, Nov 28, 2006 IP
  3. ssnet

ssnet Peon

Best Answers:
    yes i had this problem and am now not using them, i am using paypal and nochex only.

was your site a subscription site? as myne was and they were verfying orders one by one. i got annoyed as it took ages to get my money.

ssnet, Nov 28, 2006 IP
  4. cldnails

Best Answers:
    Nope, I'm only using them to handle link sale transactions. Apparently, unless I'm selling a physical product I'm a fraud/scammer/bad guy in their eyes. As soon as I get my money, I'm getting a refund for my $50 and never looking back.

5. Rage

Rage Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    plz tell me more about nochex... how good is that?

Rage, Nov 28, 2006 IP
  6. cldnails

Best Answers:
    I also wanted to add that I have no problem with measures to protect myself and my buyers. However, I should be notified the entire step of the way, instead of being kept in the dark about any 'verification' processes. It was the 3rd correspondence and 3 weeks after I was suppose to receive my first payment before I realized what's going on. As of right now, I'm still in limbo.

redhits likes this.
  7. macfraser

macfraser Member

Best Answers:
    I have been using 2CO for about 4 years now on one of my web sites processing $50,000+ of transactions each year, and have never had a single problem. Payments have always been on time and the fraud verification has worked perfectly for us. The first level support at times is a little unhelpful but typically they resolve all of my questions fairly quickly.

macfraser, Nov 28, 2006 IP
  8. saadahmed007

saadahmed007 Admínistratör

Best Answers:
    Actually 2checkout was good but after this verification thingy now it is not good .They changed alot of polices etc...:(
    Saad

saadahmed007, Nov 28, 2006 IP
  9. Freddy81

Freddy81 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you are selling non-physical goods, why don't you stick with Digital River?
    Huge and reputable company, own many services (I mean RegNow, RegSoft, etc. )

All refunds are made only with seller's permission. There are no 1-month delays - we've got our
    October earnings in early November directly to our bank account.

Freddy81, Nov 28, 2006 IP
  10. Rage

Rage Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    plz.. post links and url's to the sites!

Rage, Nov 28, 2006 IP
  11. Freddy81

Freddy81 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    regnow.com, regsoft.com, shareit.com, plimus.com (non-DigitalRiver).

Freddy81, Nov 28, 2006 IP
  12. brealmz

brealmz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    so far im nt having a problem with their support. i asked them to changed my domain because i decided to use it on my other domain and after some several hours its done. i also asked them why i am not not getting the postback they were eager to help me but i later found out that the problem was because of my .htaccess file.

FOr me support of 2co is not so bad.

brealmz, Nov 28, 2006 IP
  13. Rage

Rage Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    have you YET paid by them?

Rage, Nov 28, 2006 IP
  14. Jasonb

Jasonb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There support is 24/7 on the phone, and yeah they just contact customers and ask if they got the product then they pay you,

Jorik

Jasonb, Nov 28, 2006 IP
  15. Jasonb

Jasonb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    only thing is i wish 2CO would pay you in paypal and not to your bank

Jasonb, Nov 28, 2006 IP
  16. ssnet

ssnet Peon

Best Answers:

nochex can be found here http://www.nochex.com its for uk only though

very quick withdrawals to bank

ssnet, Nov 28, 2006 IP
  17. eXe

eXe Notable Member

Best Answers:
    2CO is horrible. It makes your business look very unprofessional when they call clients to verify if they received what they paid for.

eXe, Nov 28, 2006 IP
  18. Design1

Design1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Over the years I have had few issues with 2co. The worst part was when some large sales came back as fraud and they took that money away from my earnings as well as $30 chargeback fees per each sale. This resulted in several hundred dollars of pain and torture. That all conveniently happened right before Christmas, NOT FUN!!! :(

Since then, things have been better. I have noticed fewer fraud problems and a significantly less amount of chargebacks. I am thankful that they are working to overcome issues such as these. I also know to keep an eye out on customers that say they are from one country and their IP says another. (This is tracked through their software and when you receive a payment it shows you the information).

In unrelated business I've had a horrible time with clickbank.net and stormpay and will not use their services again.

Best of luck to you!

Design1, Nov 28, 2006 IP
  19. SEOLinker

SEOLinker Banned

Best Answers:
    Oh, I planned to use 2CO , but when I heard here that they CALL customers to CHECK that they RECEIVE service/product... well, what if customer who actually received it will say to them that he didn't ? And I mean that I sell him for example some web service (seo, design, hosting, etc.). If it was a product they may consider this like money-back, but what to do in service case ? Do they have arbitrators or something ?

SEOLinker, Nov 28, 2006 IP
  20. mihaidamianov

mihaidamianov Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I love 2checkout. Their fees are quite high though. Had to go through the verification process, but after that everything went smooth. 6 months on, about $6K revenue and 2 refunds worth $40 and I have no problems with them. And I live in Romania! :)

Same with moneybookers. They're great! Never had any troubles and their fees are minimal compared to others.

EDIT: And I only sold non-tangible products/services!

mihaidamianov, Nov 28, 2006 IP