1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need some SEO help here

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Laceygirl, Mar 28, 2007.

This isn't a post about only seo. It's for SEO, keywords, site management, google ad-sense, and google pr, etc....This was the only spot I found to be acceptable to post at.

I'm looking for a really nice person to be able to give me some great tips and take a good look at my site and what I'm doing wrong and to teach me.
    Hopfully you got some time for a little msn chat because I'm drowning here.

Money? you get no money. I make online about 7cents a day. Do I look like a guy who can afford it.

Continuing on. I run this arcade. I would've chosen something differant and not an arcade but this is my first "un-hosted" site. I'm new to webmaster type stuff and everything from keywords to Sql has been new and stressfull for me for about 3 months. Trying to learn everything at once is awful.

Everywhere I look I'm seeing people selling sites they made a month ago and it's profitting more, I'm seeing people will less traffic that my site has and they are getting a lot more Ad-sense for their pockets. At the pace I'm going now, I'm thinking I'll never make it.
    Now I'll tell you all about my site, and you can choose to get on MSN and give me a tip or post here with something that I can work with. And give me a break. My job sucks with my life. I need to get going.

The site.

http://www.echoarcade.com. Its a free script that I bought copyright removal for.
    -It's been up since Nov 17th and with a total of 5.15 from adsense.
    -averages lately as 1cent a day with the rare click and a good day of .15cents.(eeww).
    -The CTR thingy has always been rock bottom, lately it's went up a bit.

Stats. (growing small)
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/Gravetzt/stats.gif
    I don't know if I should be showing people that, but meh.....I don't know what I'm doing.
    -It boosted to Pr 3. I don't know really if that helps anything.
    -Assumed that getting backlinks is good so I suppose that's one thing that I can do. webitool is saying 6,578
    -Prediction of Pr 4
    -Alexa rating of 2,063,277
    link Popularity
    AlltheWeb 2,110
    AltaVista 2,230
    Google 34
    MSN
    Yahoo! 8,543

I don't know what's wrong with google?
    -There is a url list and a google sitemap but I don't think google is working with it.
    -Meta tag checkers seem to say fair and good things about it. The keyword one is a little lacking but that's understandable considering I've been having troubles knowing what keyword and how to work with it.

So looking at these stats you'd figure I'd be happy that my site is coninuing to move up. WELL NO I AM NOT.

1 CENTS A DAY. The first month was like a bunch of zero's until about the 7th day where I got a click. then continued at that horrible rate. Now it's gotten better. It went from getting about 3cents a week to about 1 to 5 cents a day.

I'm not happy with this. At this rate I will be able to quit my job when I'm 400 years old by this increase.

What, I mean WHAT am I doing wrong. Is there something that everyone automatically knows and is doing that I am not which is just making my hard work on this go in vein?

Anyway. Someone who knows what they are doing. Be the good guy and reply to this post with a little advice. NO, general advice. I'm not confident about one thing I am doing that is with this website.

Laceygirl, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  2. rcj662

rcj662 Guest

Best Answers:
    I look the site over tonight.

rcj662, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  3. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    thanks man. If you got any questions, I'll be around for a couple of hours.

"Others are welcome to assist and support me by telling me something that I may be doing wrong".;)

4. rcj662

rcj662 Guest

Best Answers:
    I emailed you lets work together. I will be online for little while longer but it is 5 am right now and i should get some sleep sometime.

Check your email listed above for my email.

rcj662, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  5. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Keep em comming.

Seriously. there's 1200 webmasters online right at this moment and not one person can spare a short paragraph or a couple of sentences that will save me months of trying to figure out myself.

I'm begging.

6. sji2671

sji2671 Self Made Mind

Best Answers:
    I had to look for your adsense = poor CTR, I just dont see it in my field of vision stuck out on the left, you need a 300x250 at the top with 2 games to the right of it.... then in the next section two games to the left and a 300x250 to the right of it.

sji2671, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  7. fennimore

fennimore Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, here's my advice: get another source of income other than AdSense!
    If you ever want to make it online, then you'll have to rely on multiple streams of income. Seriously, 1-5 cents a day? I make $1.25 a day posting to a forum and I don't even have my own domain!

Maybe you should consider affiliating, or putting on whatever ads other than AdSense. From what I know, Adsense is only good if you can get thousands of visitors a day.

fennimore, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  8. oseymour

oseymour Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    well I don't have time to sit and write a paragraph but I can give you snippets of information.

not only do you need more links but you need to diversify your link profile. Most of your incoming links are sitewide links from one site....this is very bad.

forget about PR and predicted PR....not important.....you need to get some links that is going to get your site traffic. join some forums related to your site and put the link in your signature...

from a usability standpoint, the colors are hurting my eyes. I can't stay on your site for more than 5 minutes...I am only 25 but being on the computer most of my life I developed bad eyes.....maybe its just me but think about it.

I'm not sure what cms you are using but you should try and make your urls more search engine friendly, there should be patches for it somewhere.

I'm not surprised that your site is not making any adsense money....it has no traffic, that high of an alexa rank indicates only a few unique visitors per day.

I'll look at your site and post more info later...

oseymour, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  9. carboncat

carboncat Peon

Best Answers:
    okay here are some tips.
    1. get rid of everything that flashes and moves off the front page
    2. change the color scheme to something less "exciting" but easier on the eyes. I love computer games, but I don't want to keep looking at the site.
    3. go to websitesthatsuck.com and make sure you don't meet a single criteria- according to him, having one thing on the list means your site sucks.
    4. having "welcome to" on the front page is on the list. get rid of the introductory spiel at the top. people can see what the site is about. put it in a separate "about" page.
    5. your google ads are white on white. change that NOW. that's a fast track to getting banned, and besides, no wonder nobody is clicking on them!!! you can't see the ads!!!!
    6. speaking of ads, if you're going to have them, don't pretend you don't have them. make them prominent and easy to see. You don't see AOL hiding their ads down in a little corner where nobody can find them. No! Their ads are right up there, easy to find and click on.
    7. ignore anyone who "PM's" you to talk about consulting... they probably want money. I'm doing this for free and I don't want a cent. You dont need to pay someone for this kind of advice.
    8. adsense is peanuts. sign up at commission junction and linkshare for affiliate marketing schemes.
    9. I'm not sure the "add this game to your site" feature is a good idea. doesn't that just enable people to play your games without visiting? or even set up competitive sites? Its a good, user friendly feature, but it might potentially put you out of business. But as I said, I'm not sure. google seems to have made a few cents out of free products...
    10. you've got 34 backlinks in google. that's not enough. get working, boy! you should be getting that many every month at least!!! and notice something about those backlinks: not one of them is from your digitalpoint signature, even though you have 211 posts. posting here does not count as "linkbuilding". one thing that does count on digitalpoint: hanging out in the "directory submissions" forum, and submiting your site to new directories that get announced there. people will often take free submissions at first to get the ball rolling.
    google things like "games directory" "directory free games" etc and submit your site. don't pay anything, but recip if necessary.
    11. google "add url" "submit site" "submit url" "directory submit" etc and start building links.
    12. viral marketing. you want one game... just one... to get picked up by a social bookmarking site (digg, del.icio.us, furl, etc). work on that (after you've redesigned the site). find your best game and submit it. it probably wont work, because they are tough crowds to please, but keep trying. the very act of trying and failing will probably get you a few links and visitors
    13. are these your games that you made yourself? if so, then work on developing a game that will take the social bookmarking sites by storm. go for a game that involves george bush, hillary clinton, rudy guiliani, or something. go for a game that makes fun of someone who is currently in the media. they'll love it. people will come and play the game and laugh and talk about it. and link to you.
    that's what you want: you want something to go viral.

carboncat, Mar 28, 2007 IP
    Laceygirl likes this.
  10. ferlie

ferlie Peon

Best Answers:
    bro, i wanna ask. I have used many SEO but my site still a few visitor? How to make the site more got visitor??

ferlie, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  11. Ozz

Ozz Peon

Best Answers:
    My advice:

Get more traffic, get your site listed in directories.
    Try adding AdSense on the top (use horizontal links near the header) those should convert better.
    Change the design... it is not so good. At least for me and people that I know.

Ozz, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  12. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, this is very good information. I didn't expect this.

And with this, I've got a lot of work to do.
    Let me answer this now.

fennimore
    Another source of income is tough. multiple streams of ad-sense and premium link sales may be possible, other than that I'm out of my league. Not only that but I don't have the funds to start something up. I gotta work with whatever site I make or have. I will check out the affiliating and see if it helps, though.

homeusersecurity, thanks for the info. I don't really understand how to diversify my links. Getting differant incoming links? Hmmmm, I'll work on that.

carboncat, let my break this up

1. Good idea. You didn't like the banner I made, I guess.
    2. Good point. originally it was blue, but that was too common. I'll go with a nice relaxing silver/gray based color setup.
    3. websitesthatsuck.com. Never heard of it. Should be interesting!
    4. About the Welcome part. I was told by many that arcades really lack in content and I need to find ways to have words on the main page. You say don't have it. that CTR business will go down!
    5. WHOA!! I didn't know about that. I wasn't trying to hide it. I'm going to change that crap straight away!!
    6. I'll work on setting up a clearer and better ad setup.
    7. I already got one. I know what you mean.
    8. I'm going to sign up at one of those places. I've seen many arcades with stuff like this.
    9. The "add this game to your site" isn't really a bad idea, because the games are very common at my Arcade. I havn't really took of to grab a hold of some high quality rare games. "most" games you see everywhere.
    10. How can I have low google links? and that I'm supposed to submit to directories like crazy and start working on that. I've submitted to over 1400 of them in the past 3 months.
    11. I thought I have been
    12. I've got the perfect game in mind.
    13. I didn't make these games myself. It's very hard for me to use flash. I don't know how they do it. These games are part of a low priced game pack you can get from a high profile arcade that's on the inner-web.

Ok. I've got a lot of work to do. Thanks for the advice. carboncat, Once I am finished with the new design, and adsense setup, etc. I'm going to come back and ask you what you think again. Curious to know that I know what I'm doing.

13. oseymour

oseymour Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    don't buy sitewide links....links that are on every page of a site....It will run up your backlink count but that's it.

oseymour, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  14. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, so I changed around the color so it doesn't blind everyone, and messed with the adsense.

How is that?

Laceygirl, Mar 29, 2007 IP
  15. Janna122003

Janna122003 Banned

Best Answers:
    Optimized your site well and put it on top of the SERP. But you must target an effective keyword that will bring lot of traffic to your site.

Other alternative to get more visitors is by joining social bookmarking site, posting to forums to related sites which you can get your targeted visitors, blogging may also help.

Janna122003, Mar 29, 2007 IP
  16. ferlie

ferlie Peon

Best Answers:
    thx bro, i've been use SEO from many SEO sites and put my adsense on top near the header and on the 2nd sidebar. but my sites still a few visitor. I'm so new about making a site, ohhh man!!! always get little visitor makes me a little stress :(

ferlie, Mar 29, 2007 IP