1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

$2500 into Google Adwords, A Demonstration in PPC Affiliate Marketing

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by Discreet, Jun 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    I've decided to set aside a large budget to run a series of PPC campaigns for various affiliate programs.

Some important things to note:
    1. The campaign is going to last from 60-90 days and will only use Google Adwords.
    2. I am going to openly post the entire process and results of the campaigns through a series of posts at my blog.
    3. I'm hoping that people wanting to learn about PPC will be able to use the information as a guide for enhancing their own campaigns.

While I'm running these campaigns, I'm going to be posting summaries/updates to this thread as time goes by for quick reference. But the juicy details will be posted to my blog.

Anybody wishing to offer their input/comments is more than welcomed to. In fact, I'd like to hear everybody's thoughts as I progress through the campaign.

The full details of what I'm going to do is available here: $2500 into Adwords, A Demonstration in PPC Affiliate Marketing.

Wish me luck everybody!

Discreet, Jun 22, 2006 IP
    aeiouy, mahmood and GTech like this.
  2. mdvaldosta

mdvaldosta Peon

Best Answers:
    Best of luck with it, looking foward to seeing how it goes for you.

mdvaldosta, Jun 22, 2006 IP
  3. moneyspeaks

moneyspeaks Peon

Best Answers:
    why are you spreading yourself out so much? Have you already tested all of your searches?

Focus that money in the rigth places and google can def multiply your investments for you, but you need to be in the right place with the right keywords.

I'd suggest getting to the top of some of your searches, this way you'll really get returns. If you can pay for top you will see it is far more valuable than running a bunch of different campaigns in lower positions. Even postition 2 lacks the return of postiion 1. Play it smart, Best of luck.

moneyspeaks, Jun 22, 2006 IP
  4. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    Looking forward to it. I am getting close to starting my first ppc campaigns, so it will be good information to have.

aeiouy, Jun 22, 2006 IP
  5. tstaut

tstaut Active Member

Best Answers:
    Best of luck, I'll be watching and learning. :)

tstaut, Jun 22, 2006 IP
  6. Original

Original Banned

Best Answers:
    Lets see how it goes.

Original, Jun 22, 2006 IP
  7. dshah

dshah Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I hope you are into PPC-Affiliate thing for a while before taking such step. Not trying to discourage you, but I would personally increase my spending graudally over the time. It will give me chance to go in right direction, correct any problems (wrong affiliate programs, adwords settings etc) and move forward while keeping tap on ROI.

dshah, Jun 22, 2006 IP
  8. WebFreedom

WebFreedom Peon

Best Answers:
    Sounds like an interesting demonstration - I'll be interested in seeing the results.

Sam

WebFreedom, Jun 22, 2006 IP
  9. biziboy

biziboy Peon

Best Answers:
    if you are willing, please spend some time on keyword research and how many keywords, how you aquired them etc.... this has been most troublong for me in the past...
    i appreciate your post, it will bring you publicity while helping others :)

biziboy, Jun 22, 2006 IP
  10. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    Sounds like an excellent proposition to me. I'll be sure to follow it. I took a peek at urbanmommies.com - I think you've done a good job there!

nevetS, Jun 22, 2006 IP
  11. Discreet

Discreet Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks to everybody that's wished me good luck :)

moneyspeaks - I'm not going to be spreading myself to thin. At any given time I'll be pushing a max of 6 programs, most likely 3-5 though. I never put this much money into a single program, especially when I haven't tested the waters with it yet. I'm also not going after the super competitive fields like financial programs or anything like that. Why spend $3+ per click trying to promote a program when I can make the same money spending $0.25 per click on a program in a different market with the same return? :)

dshsah - I am very experienced with promoting via PPC. I do it as a service to many clients. I must be doing something right because my clients are very happy with the results so far.

biziboy - keyword research is going to be covered a fair bit before the campaigns start. It will include what tools I use, how to use them, and how to select your keywords out of the 10,000+ results that the tools give you.

nevetS - as much as I would like to take credit for urbanmommies.com, it's not my site. They are a client of mine, I'm helping them with some startup marketing, but mostly basic seo to get their site moving along. Whether I work with them beyond that will be up to them :)

Thanks everybody, I'll keep you all updated :)

Discreet, Jun 23, 2006 IP
  12. guru-seo

guru-seo Peon

Best Answers:
    $2,500 is not considered a large budget at all. Try $10,000/ month and you will be considered a heavy weight. But nevertheless good luck.

guru-seo, Jun 23, 2006 IP
    gworld likes this.
  13. Discreet

Discreet Guest

Best Answers:
    Ahh but to a small time person trying to get involved, yes it is a fair bit of money.

For me it's fairly small, but good enough to function as a tutorial. My biggest ppc budget for a client right now is for $250k/month, so yes it's small compared to that lol :)

Discreet, Jun 23, 2006 IP
  14. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:

$2,500 is sufficient for the test discreet is running - "large" is relative. I'd say 10K/month is small.

Dicreet, good luck with your test:)

GuyFromChicago, Jun 23, 2006 IP
  15. cyanyde

cyanyde Guest

Best Answers:
    Good Luck Discreet. Hope this works out for the best. It's great you're sharing this experiment with us.

Taken from your site:
    Who’s Roy?
    Not Roy, R.O.I. (Return on Income).

all this while I thought ROI was Return On Investment.

cyanyde, Jun 23, 2006 IP
  16. BOG

BOG Peon

Best Answers:

ROI is "Return On Investment"

BOG, Jun 24, 2006 IP
  17. ColaDesigns

ColaDesigns Peon

Best Answers:
    What sites will you be promoting and for which affiliate network? If you're doing clickbank then you should give www.digitalportrait.net a try. It's sales are skyrocketing this summer.

ColaDesigns, Jun 24, 2006 IP
  18. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    Not to be confused with ROYGBIV.

aeiouy, Jun 24, 2006 IP
  19. yuhu

yuhu Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey,

Recently with all the adwords voucher going around, i did the same thing.
    I spent $2600 worth of adwords credit to promote some affiliate program.

but i didnot come up with $2600 from my own pocket, but from those vouchers thingy. So, i essentially spent $300 from my own pocket topurchase those vouchers.

well anyway, the results is not very encouraging for me (your situation may be different). I ended up earning $1100 from those affiliate programs.

So, if i were to come up with $2600 from my own pocket, i would fail miserably and lost $1500.

The reason, i think, for losing $1500 is :
    1. Competition from the owner of the affiliate itself. - for example, i am promoting CPA program XXYYZZ, but this XXYYZZ is already number 1 in relevant searches. So, i was a fool to continue that program.

How can you compete with someone who is paying you?

But i was foolhardy, and decided to continue.

Moreover, this CPA program is one-page offer. It should supposedly be very very easy for people to complete it.

So, for discreet, our situation should be different, but dont make the same mistake as i did. :) or if you are a foolhardy, you can try it :)

good luck to you. now, i have to think of another way of marketing.

Thanks

yuhu, Jun 24, 2006 IP
  20. paowiee

paowiee Peon

Best Answers:
    Good luck man, can't wait to see what happens!

I'm doing the same thing as well. Am i allowed to post my blog link here? The only difference is...my budget started at $20...but i'm now up $200 so maybe i can budget that out once the wiretransfers are complete

keep us posted!

paowiee, Jun 25, 2006 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.