1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

$25 Simple T-SHIRT contest payment via paypal

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by proteindude, Mar 13, 2008.

So you're a good designer. But, the question is, can you design a T-Shirt?

Hey guys,

I need a new design for a T-shirt. It will be used for advertising purposes so it needs to stand out. Don't go for artistic style over visibility.

COLORS: T-shirt will be red and the text needs to be white

Logo: must appear on the T-shirt and can be downloaded from here http://www.sendspace.com/file/r9h0l2

Slogan: somewhere on the T-Shirt I must have my slogan which is: If you're not buying direct, you're paying whey too much

Please note: Just before the slogan or somewhere next to the slogan I need to have either an exclamation sign ! or a triangle with the exclamation sign inside it. Something such as this: /!\ Which ever one you think will stand out more, use that one (the exclamation sign by itself or inside the triangle).

The one that's going to win it is the one that stands out the most at first glance. Therefore you can place the logo on an angle, or draw a circle or rectangle or whatever around the whole design but it must stand out.

Any questions please ask. Oh yes, this will go on the back of the T-shirt so you should have plenty of space to use. I'm not in a hurry to end this but I prefer to end it on Monday at the latest.

----

proteindude, Mar 13, 2008 IP
  2. watari

watari Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    hi .. julian here is my entry :)

[​IMG]

watari, Mar 13, 2008 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  3. proteindude

proteindude Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    hey watari. Thanks for getting this started. Your entry is a little freaky. That guy looks a lot like me. When I first saw it my first thought was: "Where in the world did watari get that photo of me?" Even my colleague when he saw said the same thing. But then I looked again and realised he does not look that much like me. I am better looking hehe. regarding the entry, you actually missed a couple of points. First the design needs to be on the back of the t-shirt. The front will be simple with just the logo on it. It's the back that needs the design. I actually need both the logo and the slogan on the back of the t-shirt. I like how you tilted that triangle. Very cool move. But the rest of the design is a little too much. See if you can simplify it a little by making it a little easier to read. And in the highly unlikely event I won't get more entries you can be assured I always award the prize to the winner. Thanks again for the entry.

proteindude, Mar 14, 2008 IP
  4. L33T

L33T Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Wait on my entry plz

L33T, Mar 14, 2008 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  5. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    No hurry L33T. I think I'm going to let this run over the weekend. Look forward to your entry.

6. RNHalawi.com

RNHalawi.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

RNHalawi.com, Mar 14, 2008 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  7. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks for the entry RN. It's definitely going in the right direction. The one thing I don't understand is how come you forgot to place my logo on the t-shirt. You normally pay attention to the requests. I like your entry though.

8. DaveyBoy

DaveyBoy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I was going to enter this but watari did what i was going to so, no entry!!

DaveyBoy, Mar 14, 2008 IP
  9. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hay Davey, I never remember you as the type who gives up easily :p But thanks for at least considering this. To be honest, at this stage I still like RN's entry better. It just seems a little easier to read. I really like that tilted triangle watari did, but overall, it's still RN I am "tilting" towards to.

10. DaveyBoy

DaveyBoy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I haven't given up ;)

No chance :p

DaveyBoy, Mar 14, 2008 IP
  11. RNHalawi.com

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    wow.. thanks for that! I cant download your logo file yesterday in my PC coz of my computer error.. but now its okay.. anyway I can easily put that.. I will submit my revised entry later (w/ your logo)

thanks!

12. matchstick

matchstick Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    HERES MY ENTRY
    [​IMG]

matchstick, Mar 14, 2008 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  13. twinklestar

twinklestar Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    TSHIRT DESIGN PROPOSITION
    [​IMG]

Feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

twinklestar, Mar 14, 2008 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  14. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'm reading the first sentence and I'm thinking to myself: "That's more like the DaveyBoy I know." And then I'm reading the second sentence and I'm thinking: "Now what's he trying to say? I'm confused." I'm sure you'll come with the explanation.

RN thanks for considering placing the logo. I must say though, this competition is starting to heat up.

matchstick: Thanks for entering this. There isn't much I can say about your design other than it's pleasant, it's clean and it's very easy to read. The only thing I'm not sure is about placing the triangle in the middle. It seems like in a way it's breaking up the sentence and I am not sure if that's necessarily a positive thing. Also you mispelled the word too (needed an extra o)

twinklestar: thank you for having a shot at this. I like it. It's very attention grabbing with the 3 triangles. Please understand I am only providing feedback, I am not asking for changes at this time. I think the exclamation mark inside the triangle is a little unusual as it seems like it's touching the dot. I think it would look better if there was some space between the stick and the dot. You also added yellow which I can't use but I'm sure it can be easily removed. Also I'm not sure you chose the best font. It's not a bad font you used but I think it's just a personal thing of not liking "gaps/lines" on the actual letters. Overall a strong entry nevertheless.

The favorite 2 so far are RN's and twinkle's

15. RNHalawi.com

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

16. matchstick

matchstick Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    oops sorry, and thanx for the feed back, i put the triangle with the exclamation point in the midle to emphasize the phrases because the phrase has a comma in it and need to pause before reading the next phrase to make it more readble and not crowded, and it adds a little bit design to your slogan t shirt and to make your t shirt fashionable 8 ).. anyways

here is my revision and with the aditional "o" 8 )

[​IMG]

matchstick, Mar 15, 2008 IP
  17. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    @RN Thanks for placing the logo.

matchstick: thanks for the changes. I see your point and I understand your intention on the previous entry. Sometimes it's a catch 22 situation which is always tough to choose. I kind of agree now that you mentioned with your first entry. The problem is I like something and then someone else I show it to says: "Yes you're right here but what about this angle, etc, etc." So sometimes the more folks I talk to the more confusing it gets. Sometimes simple is the best. I'll wait and see.

proteindude, Mar 15, 2008 IP
  18. offiri0

offiri0 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

offiri0, Mar 15, 2008 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  19. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    offiri0: thanks for entering this. First let me explain I am providing feedback and not asking for changes but feel free to do changes if you so wish. Today I am a little confused because of certain views I had of certain entries until someone else pointed out other faults and advantages in the entries submitted. Anyway, here's what I think: I think it's a well pleasing design that's easy to read which is very important. However, I think it would look better if it had the complete logo on top (meaning if it still had the world class proteins on top of the globe). I also think the triangle should be on the left side and perhaps the triangle could also have been bolder. Overall it is a good design and again thanks for entering this.

proteindude, Mar 15, 2008 IP
  20. offiri0

offiri0 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    thanks for the feedback.
    I'm not sure i really understand what you meant about the logo

but here what I understand

[​IMG]