1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Contest $25 Logo design, 4 days only contest!

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by dracosu, Apr 11, 2017.

1. cosmin90

cosmin90 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    If you tend to be a designer, then you should know that you have to put your own mark on your designs, otherwise why should anyone come here and hold a contest? There are a lot of contest holders, who don't know what they buy, because they don't have experience with design, and that's why they come here.

If they come here, then we should respect them and don't cheat with a design that could be done by themselves, understand?

We have to create an unique design, and not a copied one.

Meanwhile you were searching for a free font, suitable as you say, I have created my own design, so I have worked, and not searched for something pre-made.

cosmin90, Apr 19, 2017 IP
    dikoka likes this.
  2. qwerty111

qwerty111 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    If that is the case do you make your own font for all the contest that you participated so far? I don't think so. Here, what the CH asked for is, a logo which almost similar to the examples shown. Some of his examples listed are made using free fonts. He did not mention that it has to be a custom made font.

The person who created that font gave it for free to use which means that you could use it for any purpose without making any credit to him. This is similar to open source software that are available in the market. People are making use of open source software to make money. So, do you claim that it is cheating?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
    qwerty111, Apr 19, 2017 IP
  3. cosmin90

cosmin90 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I think you don't understand the concept of logo design. Sure, you can use a free font, but not without an icon, or something distinctive. You can use a free font when you create an icon + text logo.
    When someone asks for a text based logo, then you should create something unique, and not copy paste a font.

I know that some of you copy paste free vectors, and this is the result of thinking in your way. It's easier to copy paste something, than creating something by yourself. It doesn't matter that others spend hours on their creations, no it doesn't, judging by your thinking

PS: We should award the creator of the font, and not you, cause he spent some hours creating it.

4. qwerty111

qwerty111 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    The case in which we are having conversation is similar to the example I quoted. You are not getting my point.

BTW, I don't want to get into this anymore. I already left the things in the hands of the CH. Let him decide.
    My implication over here is that I did not mean to cheat. I just followed the instructions of CH.

What you are saying is applicable if the CH told us to make a custom made font but he did not say like that. All he asked for a name of LAURA which shows some pop up style without any musical instruments.

qwerty111, Apr 19, 2017 IP
  5. cosmin90

cosmin90 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I see that you don't understand anything, so I won't reply anymore to this thread.