1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

#24 allinanchor = #86 in SERP

Discussion in 'SEO' started by rwhetsto, Oct 7, 2004.

I've thought for a while now that many of the links I do have are in the "sandbox", which is why my site is down around 86 in the Google results. I'm just curious what everyone thinks of this. I added many links around 3-4 months ago and the allinanchor has gone up but the SERP hasn't changed much. Earlier this week I started on the COOP Ad network so it will be interesting to see if the diversity of link sources will cause my site to move up. Do you guys think this site will move up from your experience in the ad network, also do you think this site would move up if I just gave it more time?

The url is www.fantasyfootballjungle.com
    and the KWP I am referring to is fantasy football

Any thoughts?

rwhetsto, Oct 7, 2004 IP
  2. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    First - I hate the popunders...

Just had to get that out of the way.

24 allin isn't that high...

You do have a PR6 so you can't have that few links (568)...

I would just keep getting links with your desired anchor text...

It is a real pain, but pretty much the only way to do it...

Good luck. :)

SEbasic, Oct 7, 2004 IP
  3. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    All your backlinks are from garbage sites anyway ;)

On a serious note, yes, I think your participation in the coop ad network will help your serp placement.

GuyFromChicago, Oct 7, 2004 IP
  4. vlead

vlead Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a site which is #5 in allinanchor but #47 in SERP for a particular kw. And what's more the top 10 sites in the SERP have a allinanchor greater than 5.

vlead, Oct 7, 2004 IP
  5. xml

xml Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a site that is #1 in google for: allinanchor, allintext, allintitle and #8 & 9 for: allinurl

However... my placement for the actual keyword is 115... it was as high as mid-20s but now its just shot too 100+.

Google and this SEO crap is starting to P1$$ ME OFF!

:(

xml, Oct 7, 2004 IP
  6. rwhetsto

rwhetsto Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all the feedback so far :D

LOL, all those Sport Forum footer links are pulling me down I think. :p
    Popunders aren't that bad are they? Ok maybe they are, but the content is free and I can only get so many visitors to click on those Google ads. Anyway... I'm not saying 24 is some great accomplishment, but I think if your 24 in the allinanchor, then it's reasonable to assume you would be higher than 86 in the actual results. If you look at most SERP listings as compared to the allinanchor listings there is a pretty strong correlation. Out of the 24 sites above me in the allinanchor listings, none are below me in the SERP's with all but one in the top 40 (It's at 51). Very high correlation!
    I'm just wondering what is going on with my site different than the rest.

vlead and XML, those are strange results, I think the answer is just time and patience but this can be hard when you want to make something work and there are so many different variables that can effect your rankings. It makes people frustrated and start to question what they are doing. :eek:

Anyway, I'm interested to hear from more of you on this. Thanks...

rwhetsto, Oct 7, 2004 IP
  7. xml

xml Peon

Best Answers:
    Xmltraining.com has been severely sandboxed. The keyword I was referring too previously was "xml training".

This is what REALLY gets my nerve, the fact that I also target "xml training courses"; I am nowhere to be seen for this phrase either... BUT my xml news site ranks 5th, from a news post I made on the 22nd of Sept. See page here.

Xmltraining.com is 1000% more related and helpful to users than xmlmania.com yet Google ranks it worse. Poor search results? No question about it.

This sandboxing by Google is a joke now, and to be truthful I can wait to see what Microsoft bring to the table.

xml, Oct 7, 2004 IP
  8. Help Desk

Help Desk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am 3rd for allinanchor and just under 500th in the SERPs. A month ago I wasn't even in the 1000's.

My search term is "Bling". (Yeah, it's entire purpose is just to annoy). I recently started getting in the SERPs for "Bling Computer", "Bling Software" and "Bling Photo". I haven't been trying for those odd phrases, but their results are climbing up in the SERPs regardless.

It is obvious that there is some sort of dampening effect going on (call it sandbox effect if you wish). It is just very hard to quantify because it is so extended and "trickles".

Help Desk, Oct 7, 2004 IP
  9. rwhetsto

rwhetsto Peon

Best Answers:
    Update... I started in the COOP ad network on the 4th. Right now I am at #18 in allinanchor and #77 in the SERP. Out of the 17 sites above me in the allinanchor the lowest site in the SERP's is at #23. Oh well at least I'm going the right way and I have quite a bit of hope! Hopefully we keep drifting up higher.

rwhetsto, Oct 9, 2004 IP
  10. rwhetsto

rwhetsto Peon

Best Answers:
    Update... 22 days after I started in the COOP ad network. #16 in allinanchor and #70 in the SERPs. Still going the right way, but nowhere close to the sites with similar allinanchor values.

rwhetsto, Oct 26, 2004 IP
  11. Catfish

Catfish Peon

Best Answers:
    Make sure that you get those backlinks from pages that have related topics and not from off topic sites and that will help.

Catfish, Nov 4, 2004 IP
  12. ROV

ROV Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey, Webmasters that have been doing this for a couple of years or more.

Do your SEPRS eventually correlate with your allin's or do you have examples where the SERPS never match the allin's, even after a couple of years of trying.

ROV, Nov 4, 2004 IP
  13. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    SERPS will not necessarily correlate to your AIA. If they are coming from many different sites, you should be alright.

schlottke, Nov 4, 2004 IP
  14. ROV

ROV Peon

Best Answers:
    Ah-ha. Another piece of the puzzle drops into place.

In theory you could get a high AIA with just internal anchor text links but that is unlikly to be matched in the SERPS if there is any competition with anchor text coming from many different sites.

ROV, Nov 5, 2004 IP
  15. Help Desk

Help Desk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If the page has been in the SERPs for a long period of time, I've found the allinanchor to line up pretty closely with the SERPs. For new pages, the AIA hits first followed by the SERPs several months later.

Help Desk, Nov 5, 2004 IP
  16. rwhetsto

rwhetsto Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with a couple of the statements above.
    1. By Schlottke about the SERPs never lining up if the majority of your links come from the same URL, you need to have links coming from many different URL's to achieve good results, at least on KWs with some competition.
    2. If they do come from many differt URL's they will eventually match, like ThinkBling said sometimes taking months.
    and one I do not agree with: It's been proven many times on this forum and others that linking from nonrelated sites helps in the SERPs so Catfish I disagree with your statement.
    Additionally, I think a better forecast of your rankings can be seen if you look at inanchor:KWP. Which is different than allinanchor:KWP for multiple word keyword phrases. In my experience you will get to your inanchor: ranking while sometimes you do not achieve your allinanchor: ranking.

Just one more thing to think about!?! :eek:

rwhetsto, Nov 5, 2004 IP
  17. Weirfire

Weirfire Language Translation Company

Best Answers:
    I've had a few sites where everything has been right except the placement in the search engines. It does eventually seem to get the right position. It's frustrating at times but you just have to be patient and keep linking away. :)

Weirfire, Nov 6, 2004 IP
  18. john_loch

john_loch Rodent Slayer

Best Answers:
    Here's a question:
    Lets say we have a key phrase 'cirrus clouds'.

Now, I go check AIA and IA.
    In the first pass, I simply leave the keyphrase unquoted for both checks.
    Next I quote the phrase on both checks... ie allinanchor:"cirrus clouds"

Which do you think is most accurate ?

I recently deployed a site and did this check.
    For Unquoted results.. (AIA 4, IA -)
    For Quoted results.. (AIA 1, IA 1)

The search term is very competitive.

So which do you think is most indicative of future rank, assuming all else remains equal. Quoted, unquoted, etc ?
    Cheers,

JL

john_loch, Nov 6, 2004 IP
  19. rwhetsto

rwhetsto Peon

Best Answers:
    In my experience unquoted is more indicative, sorry...

I have basically the same situation with the KWP fantasy football. I think looking at mulitiple word KWPs in a different way may be beneficial. inanchor:KW1 KW2 will return documents that have the word KW1 as anchor text, and mention the word KW2 anywhere in the document. Combining that with the fact that inanchor:KW1 KW2 matches closely with the actual results tells me that the first word of a KWP is more important than the following word(s) at least as far as anchor text is concerned. I am doing an experiment now that uses KW1 as the anchor text to pages that I want to rank well for KW1 KW2. I'll let you know if it works out.

rwhetsto, Nov 7, 2004 IP
  20. john_loch

john_loch Rodent Slayer

Best Answers:
    Sounds good, I'd like to hear the results when you have them :)

Cheers,

JL

john_loch, Nov 7, 2004 IP