1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

21 Questions You Should Answer To Help You Determine If You Want To Start A Business

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Andrew M. Warner, Nov 12, 2013.

Hello DP community,

I recently wrote a post on my website regarding these questions and I thought maybe some of you may welcome these questions as it may help you to determine if you want to start your own business and actually what strategies you may put in place. It's actually a good exercise and can ultimately help you determine what your purpose is for you business.

Anyway, here are the questions:

1. Why do I want to start a business?

2. What are the three primary factors influencing this decision?

3. Specifically what kind of business do I want to start?

4. Am I interested in selling products or services?

5. What are my key personal strengths--what am I better at than anyone else?

6. What could I see myself actually enjoying doing every day and can I form a business around it?

7. Am I a better leader or do I need a partner who I can rely on to help blaze a path for me?

8. Am I ready to devote the necessary time, resources and capital to be successful in business?

9. Am I in a good place physically, mentally and emotionally to dedicate a lot of time and energy into starting a new business?

10. Do I have personal and financial support of family and friends to accomplish my goals?

11. How will I balance family and business?

12. Do I possess the necessary skills and abilities to start and control the day-to-day operations of a business?

13. Do I have up-to-date working knowledge of technology necessary for efficient operation in order to keep pace in the business world? If not, where would I get it?

14. Am I open to meeting new people and listening to a variety of new ideas?

15. Is my past education and experience relevant to the industry I'm looking at? Is my education and/or certifications sufficient to do what I want to do?

16. What sacrifices and risks am I willing to take to be successful?

17. What are my financial goals, both personally and for the business?

18. Have I made proper provisions for income and insurance (health and life) while waiting to achieve business success?

19. Why do I believe I can make this business work?

20. Is my business concept unique? Do I have an advantage to beat out similar competing businesses? How?

21. Why do I believe this type of business is sustainable?

Hope you'll find this helpful.

Andrew M. Warner, Nov 12, 2013 IP
  2. piapetersson

piapetersson Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey thanks for sharing these useful ideas about starting a business. Very informative, keep posting.

piapetersson, Apr 6, 2015 IP
  3. Franklin Hatchett

Franklin Hatchett Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing.

Franklin Hatchett, Apr 6, 2015 IP