1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

[2013] Buying Backlinks from Fiverr?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by suprim, Apr 13, 2013.

?

Do you think Fiverr seo Gigs are really helpful For Search rankings ?

1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. solidgoldextra

solidgoldextra Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Very interesting discussion. I didn't hear the voices of any Fiverr sellers here, and that surprises me.

First, I think a lot of the opinions on this thread are misguided:

1. You can make a difference in a site's SEO with a $5 gig. An on-page optimization or image optimization gig (manual), will give you results in as little as 18 hours. Enough said.

2. Greedy buyers get crappy results. Most buyers are looking for instant position 1 results (same day) in Google. Any one who's done SEO knows that this is hard to achieve (although its possible). But as a seller, when we explain that this is not possible, what happens? The buyer simply goes to another Fiverr "snake oil" seller. Then they end up with crappy back links and a Penguin penalty, after which they come running back. Happened dozens of times. It's the same people who come on DP to say Fiverr SEO is poor.

3. Uninformed website owners get ripped off on Fiverr. Period. If you're looking for 10000 back links from a $5 gig, have you done due diligence on the seller? Where are they from? What type of work have they done before? Where are the links coming from? What IP class? A lot of buyers just put a $5 down payment on a dream. Guess what? SEO don't work like that, sorry.

There are plenty of genuine SEO gigs on Fiverr that will work wonders on your site. No doubt. You just have to be informed about what your site needs. If you don't know, ask the seller. If they cannot tell you, run a mile.

Some SEO Agencies are 150 times worse than any SEO gig you can buy on Fiverr, and there's plenty of documented experiences, to prove this. Also, SEO Clerks is a great site, but in my opinion, its full of the sort of gigs that can only give a temporary boost to a website. 10000 likes? 100000 back links? Yes, Penguin eventually.

A lot of the requests I get on Fiverr are from website owners and genuine businesses that have been shafted by the 100000 back link mindset. After Penguin 2.1 was released on October 4, their websites literally "died". Most of them were not using Fiverr gigs. They were just using poor SEOs. Simple.

There seems to be a notion that Fiverr gigs do not have as much value as standard, or "bricks and mortar" services. Especially where website skills, or Search Optimization is concerned. This is a negative notion, and should be checked. A service is a service, regardless of where you find it online. If it's poor, then it's poor.

Also, not every service will work with every website. This is why it is important to understand exactly what your website needs, before ordering some Fiverr "10000000000" back link gig.

solidgoldextra, Nov 11, 2013 IP
    super likes this.
  2. MallofStyle

MallofStyle Member

Best Answers:
    I have ordered a lot of fiverr gigs. I cant say any of those have been useful. Most of them are carried out by using automated tools and the links get dropped off after a few months.

MallofStyle, Nov 11, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  3. ahsan11223

ahsan11223 Active Member

Best Answers:
    well fiverr is gold mine, if you have a smart mind you can get benefit else, a famous quote : "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

ahsan11223, Nov 15, 2013 IP
  4. GamesPond

GamesPond Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I tried fiverr for links a few times and it pretty much done nothing but bad things for my sites. For tiered links maybe but not directly to your money site.
    There is however some really good video gigs and infographics that I get pretty often. Had some amazing jobs done for $5 that I would pay $50 for easy!

GamesPond, Nov 15, 2013 IP
  5. Nette

Nette Active Member

Best Answers:
    Fiverr does not do good things on SEO, they will only harm your website.
    Most SEO gigs are link building gigs, and those sellers use bots to generate backlinks that Google and other search engines "HATE".
    Other than the marketing/SEO gigs, all the gigs are awesome. I have used the logo and video gigs many times, $5 well spent.

Nette, Nov 16, 2013 IP
  6. sonu211

sonu211 Member

Best Answers:
    well i think mostly fiverr seller use some kinda software for linkbuilding and that would be really risky for your site .

sonu211, Nov 16, 2013 IP
  7. oaashish

oaashish Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Its not the like that every SEO gig is crap. You can find useful gigs as well. It all depends on your selection. Obviously, Someone selling thousands of backlinks, likes etc for $5 will be using some automated bots which would penalize the website.

I am on fiverr usually selling social bookmarks from past 3 years and eventually grown my business. I have regular clients who order my service on regular basis. Key is to look for quality rather than quantity. I realized this thing an year back, started doing the bookmarks manually and my sales increased x5 times.

Since I don't own a website or a video so I am not sure how much useful it is but watching the repeat orders and positive reviews - I feel like my service helped my buyers.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2014
    oaashish, Jan 20, 2014 IP
  8. Oliver russo

Oliver russo Member

Best Answers:
    I am offering best seo article writing services on fiverr from last one year. This is the best services to rank your website high on search engine ranking. Check out my gig here
    https://www.fiverr.com/alexcreativity/deliver-you-400-words-seo-optimized-article-in-48-hours?funnel=c6737319-8765-47b5-b98a-27f23f6ef8dd

Oliver russo, Mar 16, 2015 IP
  9. bijutoha

bijutoha Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As I know here many experts believe that there are many quality services on Fiverr but the bad thing is maximum of back-link gigs from fiverr are harmful, Because it is not the beneficial for long time seo. Just do something good although it is a little bit.

bijutoha, May 26, 2015 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.