1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

[2012] How to build backlinks?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by azadbhaibhai, Nov 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rajforum

Rajforum Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    According to me:-
    1. Blogs
    2. Social bookmarking
    3. Forums posting
    4. Classifieds
    5. RSS Feed
    6. Press releases.

Rajforum, Nov 17, 2012 IP
  2. Joel_Cowen

Joel_Cowen Peon

Best Answers:
    If you're looking to rank higher, quicker, you might try finding high page rank blogs in your niche and see if you can do some guest blogging for them. I've found while working with clients that traditional SEO is becoming less effective while social is inching its way higher on the priority scale. Try connecting with people on social sites as well.

Hope this helps.

Joel_Cowen, Nov 17, 2012 IP
  3. topbob

topbob Peon

Best Answers:
    since 2002 Ive read thousands of times people giving the same basic answers to this question

#1. get links from Hi Pr sites.
    this one is the MOST common because it is the easiest. But it would be difficult to find a more cloudy, obtuse, creates more confusion than clarity, answer than this. HOW do you get links from Hi pr sites???? Little more difficult to find an answer to THAT question huh?

#2. Build great content and people will link to you.
    first off, who defines GREAT or ORIGINAL content??? one man's great content is another man's claim that he's been ripped off. Like most seo answers, the definition of great content relies on a LOT of variables. Getting answers to when, why, where and for who would be a good place to start because each target market is different, each term is different and each competitor that must be beaten in the race for great must be beaten. Dont see too many answers to that one either.

#3. don't need to build back links

This one is just wrong. In fact, you never needed to focus on them more! BUT probably not for the reasons you'd think. It is true that PR doesnt help much in placement any longer but NOT because it's dead, because it has been changed and it's purpose redefined so many times that it's kind of lost its way in terms of boosting organic placement BUT in terms of getting spidered, cached and TRUSTED more and quicker YOU WANT PAGE RANK!

I'm pretty sure there will be many that will vilify me for making the next couple of statements but IT is not my intention to offend anyone. what Im going to tell you will help you get what I think it is you REALLY want and I genuinely want to help.

When you think about it, no one really wants hi pr. That is merely a means to an end. what you really want is to make money! Right? If that is the case, then PR is no more important than great content or links or social media or conversions. They are all important! But do you know why?

BECAUSE IT IS NOT ABOUT WHAT YOU WANT. IT IS ABOUT WHAT GOOGLE WANTS
    If you can wrap your head that and accept that as a concept then it seems elementary. If you went DUH when you read that then why aren’t we talking about Google? So what it is that Google wants?

GOOGLE WANTS TO MAKE MORE MONEY. Like ALL corporations, they are only as good as their last quarter dividends because as a public corporation they have to satisfy their stockholders or the price of the stock goes down and even a couple of points can mean a loss of billions. So what kind of company is google? How do they make money? By being relevant? By only showing the best results?

NO! THEY MAKE MONEY BY SELLING MORE ADS FOR A HGIHER AudiND HIGHER PRICE

That means they require more inventory, (page views), and better targeting to keep showing ever improving click thru rates. That is the purpose of geo targeting and personalization. They are tracking a LOT of data on EVERYBODY they can rope in with the tool bar, gmail, google docs, analytics, and on and on. Even if you say I don’t use ANY google tool, fine but how many sites do you interact with that do? NO one is completely hidden from Google!

So, again, if we can accept this concept even as a possibility it puts a whole new light on words like great and original. You can write an encyclopedia in a 5,000 year old lost language that you are the only person to have found and studied, make it about home loans and I can guarantee that without links that google TRUSTS, (very Important factor there), it will not place top 3 for home loans.

On the other hand, we can all agree a revived language encyclopedia should fit the criteria of great and original content BUT if no one could read your great content but you secured TRUSTED links you would be top 3 until google gathered enough data to realize no one was staying on the site for long and even more important NO ON WAS CLICKING ON ADS,(typically about5 minutes), it would be gone.

If google knows that better targeted ads generated higher conversions and they already have a way of knowing who you are, what you’ve been searching for, what you’ve been talking about and what you’ve bought in the past, then they want MORE. More data on more people and more pages viewed. THAT IS WHY SOCIAL MEDIA IS NOW SO IMPORTANT IN SEARCH ENGINE ORGANIC PLACEMENT. Do we think google REALLY wants to know who’s cat peed on the rug this morning? NO they want to know who is likely to buy carpet cleaner!

To sum up, the reason PR is important and why you cant just create great content and expect traffic/PR or placements, is because Google wants to know it can trust the top sites in a search to provide relevant data that gives them inventory and higher conversions. And if you just create great content and let nature take it’s course, then you are not in control and resigned to hoping for the best. THAT IS NOT MARKETING, that is something like playing bingo.

So now down to the specifics:

BEST WAY TO ESTABLISH TRUST IS TO GET A HIGHER PR FROM OTHER SITES THAT GOOGLE TRUSTS.( Iknow I know, I was just bitching about that answer BUT I'm about to tell HOW to get those links and that's the difference!)

HOW TO GET LINKS FROM OTHER SITES GOOGLE TRUSTS
    Think about who can google trust to be relevant to a specific keyword search, keeping in mind that every term is different and requires different core set of data? People who have been tracked and known to have knowledge or interest in a specific topic related to specific terms.

The fastest and most effective way I’ve found of increasing your PR and position In organic search is by following a system of who/what to target, (the things you have at least some degree of control over),

Human reviewed directories
    that actually review their submissions before accepting (high level of consistent success)
    NOTE: Mobile reveiwed directories are HOT! and its easy to make your site/page mobiile friendly

Press releases
    (results are always good but can vary depending on who runs the release and under what category

Social media, (high level of consistent success if you do the research to locate the like-minded group that would show interest in your topic AND you can get an emotional response from that group. Either in the form of comments, (the best), likes, retweets, etc.

Guest blogs on sites where you can actually some value to that community! (high level of consistent success if you select your target thru research and KNOW you’re adding value to THEIR community, not yours.)

Links from civic organizations,
    (VERY high level of consistent success when getting links from local chamber of commerce, Elks club if they have a website, Ambucs, Local newspaper, neighborhood newsletters etc. How do you get newspaper links and churches nd neighborhood newsletter? Give them something they want! Donate something to the little league baseball team, build a wheelchair ramp for a invalid (and call the newspaper first!), there are millions of ways BUT YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS AND DO SOMETHING THAT ADDS VALUE TO THEM)

NOTE: Remember the True golden rule of internet marketing –
    The more you give – the more you get!

People forget about some of the easiest link building techniques ever. Im not sure why no one but me ever talks about but believe me it works!

GIVE AWARDS.
    Create a quality graphic for best SOMETHING, and give to people who truly something to give that adds value to their community. Send a nice email telling them you are proud to award them the COMMUNITY award for Excellence, make the graphic in several sizes, tell them they are free to place the award anywhere they want use it in press releases ANYWHERE BECAUSE IT IS THEIRS AND THEY EARNED IT. Then give the snippet of code that makes it easy embedded with a link to where other can submit their site for consideration ;-)

There are a few others but Im not comfortable giving those details on a public forum but the point is to ADD HONEST VALUE TO THEM – NOT YOU and never forget to give google a way to get what google wants. Google wants MORE INVENTORY AND MORE DATA THAT HELPS THEM INCREASE CLICK THRUS

I want to repeat the Internets golden rule

THE MORE YOU GIVE THE MORE YOU GET

topbob, Nov 19, 2012 IP
  4. chandler.bryson

chandler.bryson Member

Best Answers:
    There are various ways to build backlinks, most of them have already mentioned in previous replies.. one more way i would like to add is Guest Blogging, this is a great way to build back.

chandler.bryson, Nov 19, 2012 IP
  5. sbrettoncm

sbrettoncm Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Even I would suggest you to write articles and blogs. Also add your website URL in different directories and social bookmarking sites. Try submitting your URL at popular sites, including search engines. That should help you a lot.

sbrettoncm, Nov 22, 2012 IP
  6. kevinle

kevinle Peon

Best Answers:
    You can build link for your site with forum,PR social bookmarking,Directory....

kevinle, Nov 22, 2012 IP
  7. ProSence

ProSence Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Now a days only quality links are working so you have to look for some authority sites where you can build links.

ProSence, Nov 23, 2012 IP
  8. Anastasiya1989

Anastasiya1989 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    This is a recipe that is used by the gurus to get tons of traffic. It is vitally important that you complete each step of the recipe. Here is the recipe to follow: Quick & Dirty Search Engine Optimization, Social Bookmarking Made Easy, Become A Top Commenter On Blogs, Social Bookmark The Blogs, More Ideas, Consider Outsourcing.

Anastasiya1989, Nov 29, 2012 IP
  9. ptrNode

ptrNode Active Member

Best Answers:
    ptrNode, Nov 29, 2012 IP
  10. junedc

junedc Active Member

Best Answers:
    if you manage to post on wikipedia site or reputable sites like ezine the better. DMOZ link is great but it will take you years to be included there.

junedc, Nov 29, 2012 IP
  11. Jarcinfotech

Jarcinfotech Peon

Best Answers:
    Need to Submit Some Article marketing , social bookmarking, Forum posting .

Jarcinfotech, Nov 29, 2012 IP
  12. rickypaul

rickypaul Member

Best Answers:
    You need to do some good and quality work for example:- Directory Submission, Social Bookmarking, Article Posting, Classified's Submission, Forum Posting, Guest posting, Blog Posting etc but please don't do that work in a bulk quantity just focus on quality work..
    Thank's

rickypaul, Nov 29, 2012 IP
  13. dailyrazor

dailyrazor Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think
    1. Directory Submission
    2. Social Bookmarking
    3. Forum Posting
    4. Web blog is enough for back links

dailyrazor, Nov 29, 2012 IP
  14. jamiesnow

jamiesnow Peon

Best Answers:
    [FONT= ]With on-page content optimization it seems easier because everything is up to you to do and decide, with backlinks it looks like you have to rely on others to work for your success. Well, this is partially true because while backlinks are links that start on another site and point to yours, you can discuss with the Web master of the other site details like the anchor text, for example. Yes, it is not the same as administering your own sites – i.e. you do not have total control over backlinks – but still there are many aspects that can be negotiated.[/FONT]

[FONT= ]The first step in building backlinks is to find the places from which you can get quality backlinks. A valuable assistant in this process is the Backlink Builder tool. [/FONT][FONT= ]When you enter the keywords of your choice, the Backlink Builder tool gives you a list of sites where you can post an article, message, posting, or simply a backlink to your site. After you have the list of potential backlink partners, it is up to you to visit each of the sites and post your content with the backlink to your site in it.[/FONT]

jamiesnow, Nov 29, 2012 IP
  15. sitesmakers

sitesmakers Active Member

Best Answers:
    dont get backlinks from different niche as yours

sitesmakers, Nov 30, 2012 IP
  16. BrazilianWaxBabe

BrazilianWaxBabe Peon

Best Answers:
    I have come to the following conclusions;
    1. make your point in one tenth the time you think you should ( strip unnecessary words and sentences as much as possible )
    2. make your content simple enough for a monkey to read but valuable enough for an entrepreneur to benefit from
    3. pictures are amazing but video is best! On pages or blog posts where we have video people stay on the page like 3-4 times as long ( this helps decrease bounce rate and increase time spent on site = increase respect from google
    4. Don't listen to advice from strangers LOL

Jen
    Brazilianwaxvideos.com

BrazilianWaxBabe, Nov 30, 2012 IP
  17. smikeally08

smikeally08 Peon

Best Answers:
    Do the SEO work for the website kindly do keyword research and update tags on the website.And promote it via Off Page activity.This will surely make the difference.

smikeally08, Nov 30, 2012 IP
  18. smikeally08

smikeally08 Peon

Best Answers:
    I would suggest you to work on the on page optimization then work for getting the backlinks it will surely work.

smikeally08, Nov 30, 2012 IP
  19. cosmeticsurgery1

cosmeticsurgery1 Peon

Best Answers:
    social bookmarking,article submission,directory submission

cosmeticsurgery1, Dec 6, 2012 IP
  20. cathaylist.com

cathaylist.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1) buy link building service here from marketplace.
    2) Join backlinks.com or gotlinks.com to gain links
    3) spent time looking for exchange links or post article or links to sites by self.
    4) share some valued stuff here to ask for links. like a script.
    many scripts have lots of backlinks.

cathaylist.com, Dec 6, 2012 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.