1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

[2008] Which directory software is best?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by digitalspace, Apr 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richrf

richrf Active Member

Best Answers:
    I actually decided to wait on IndexU right now. It has a good design and offers potentially good information to visitors, but for now I have switched my efforts to jReviews. It is a really nice directory and I have observed that many of their users achieve reasonably good traffic and PR. I think it is because the directory script offers good content and integration with other Joomla-based modules.

However, it does run on top of Joomla which adds an enormous degree of complexity. If I can achieve some comfort with the platform, it does afford me lots of flexibility and potential feature growth in the future, should I decide to expand on the platform. Lots of pros and cons to weigh.

Rich

richrf, May 2, 2008 IP
  2. JamieG

JamieG Banned

Best Answers:
    And on that note I wish you success. The thing that rocks my boar Rich, not people using script A B or C, its people using anyone but making a success of it. I love the concept of Joomla but the complexity of it no. Pros and cons, yep 100%.

JamieG, May 2, 2008 IP
  3. kalonjee

kalonjee Peon

Best Answers:
    I would also say PHPMYDIRECTORY.
    http://www.phpmydirectory.com/
    The reason why is that building a link directory is great, but there is more value for businesses in having their geographical location also in their listings.

kalonjee, May 2, 2008 IP
  4. JamieG

JamieG Banned

Best Answers:
    phpLynx has geographical listings kalonjee, only in a different format. It's also a whole lot cheaper. :)

JamieG, May 2, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.