1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

$20 in stormpay for $15 Paypal

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by Domainer, Feb 7, 2006.

I have $20 in StormPay and wish to transfer it to Paypal for Ebay use and hosting, etc. I am willing to send $20 to an honest person first before he/she sends me $15 to my paypal.

Domainer, Feb 7, 2006 IP
  2. iowadawg

iowadawg Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Like an easy way for some poor person to lose money.
    This sounds fishy and scammy.

Anytime I see one of these, where the so-called transfer is slanted towards the person paying first, it is a scam.

Take my word for it, save your money and don't do this.

iowadawg, Feb 7, 2006 IP
  3. INV

INV Peon

Best Answers:
    If you were only an actual member and not a first time poster people might help out but even if its only 15$ still not worth it since no one seen you before.

INV, Feb 7, 2006 IP
  4. Domainer

Domainer Peon

Best Answers:
    I am sorry that you think that I am a scammer. Scamming people is not my intention. The reason that I said I'll pay first is because someone asked me why would anyone trust me which is why I'm willing to pay first.

I'm not here to take money from anyone and run, but here to offer extra for the person who help me.

Domainer, Feb 7, 2006 IP
  5. xfairguy

xfairguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    StormPay this days is worth nothing.
    Many merchants stopped to accept it.

xfairguy, Feb 8, 2006 IP
  6. jestep

jestep Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Why would you even do this?

jestep, Feb 8, 2006 IP
  7. Domainer

Domainer Peon

Best Answers:
    It's much easier to find someone who wants to buy stormpay for egold, egold for paypal and or paypal to egold, but it is much harder to find someone wanting to buy stormpay for paypal. This is why I am offering $5 more.

Domainer, Feb 8, 2006 IP
  8. iowadawg

Best Answers:
    And how does one know that the 20 bucks from stormpay is not going to be charged back?
    Or that it is not from a stolen cc or a scammer account?

Sorry my friend, as pointed out, first time poster, no one knows you, and you come in with a known scam posting.

If you really need money in your paypal from stormpay, go to stormpay and have the money transferred to your bank account, then from there to paypal.

This thread really should be deleted before some naive person loses his money to this person.

iowadawg, Feb 8, 2006 IP
  9. Domainer

Domainer Peon

Best Answers:
    Please call me and explain why you feel like this. I do understand you about the scammers, but I am not one of them. I didn't realize that scammers ask someone to do this for them in the way that I asked, and don't know another way to ask someone to do this for me. I'll send my phone number in a private message to you if you are interested in talking. I would've done it the way that you prefered, but I need it now.

Domainer, Feb 8, 2006 IP
  10. DomainMagnate

DomainMagnate Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    stormpay site is down lately, I have quite a lot of money in my account there and that's scary..

DomainMagnate, Feb 8, 2006 IP
  11. Domainer

Domainer Peon

Best Answers:
    Ah, now I see why it's hard for me to get someone to help me other than all the scamming that's going on by the scammers.

Thank you for helping me understand in a nice way. I really do appreciate that Michael.

Well, I guess I'll never find anyone to do this for me now.

Thanks again.

Domainer, Feb 8, 2006 IP
  12. jestep

jestep Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    After hearing of all the recent crap involving stormpay, I would get any money out of there as soon as possible. After their recent changes they seem unusable anymore.

jestep, Feb 8, 2006 IP
  13. Domainer

Domainer Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks jestep. I will do that and advise my friends to do the same.

Domainer, Feb 8, 2006 IP
  14. TheException

TheException Banned

Best Answers:
    I've never used StormPay myself... but after hearing all this, I have a few friends I think I'll pass a warning on to. Has anyone had any actual real problems and lost money yet?

Domainer: I'm glad to see you understand the whole situation here now. I'm a new member to DP, but I've been active on the internet and many other forums for many years now. I know better than to ask a favour of anyone on here that leaves any possibility of a problem for them, but you seem to have shown you're not out to scam, and that's a step in the right direction. If you are serious about doing any kind of business online, I would really recommend sticking around and getting involved in some discussions. This one of the best forums I've ever found on the internet bar none.

TheException, Feb 8, 2006 IP
  15. n0other

n0other Peon

Best Answers:
    I have requested a withdrawal for my 400 hard earned dollars. After more than a week, my request is still not reviewed by their staff, my support ticket is ignored, add their recent down time and you begin to feel that something's not right there.

n0other, Feb 8, 2006 IP
  16. jestep

jestep Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    jestep, Feb 8, 2006 IP
  17. TheException

TheException Banned

Best Answers:
    I've happily stuck to Paypal for the last 4-5 years or so... I have no regrets... It really saddens me to see everyone going through this with StormPay... n0other - I really hope you get your money, best of luck to everyone involved with them.

18. iowadawg

Best Answers:
    Same here...paypal from the beginning.
    People ask me why I do not offer other alternatives to payment on my sites.
    I tell them, paypal offers me as the seller and you as the buyer, a very safe payment processing service.
    I have seen a lot of payment processors hit the net...greenzap with a heck of a lot of HYPE...wonder how they are doing?
    Then the strange mlm bank system....all hype and no guts to them.
    egold is being hammered by the us gov trying to find out who exactly owns them, how the money is shifted around (supposedly they are chartered in one country, use banks in other countries, etc).

Stick with paypal...any site on the net that will not accept paypal can be looked at as a possible way to lose your money.
    Except of course for those sites that use a credit card payment system like clickbank or c2o (2co?).

iowadawg, Feb 8, 2006 IP
  19. TheException

TheException Banned

Best Answers:
    Well said Iowa Dawg... I have no intentions of opening accounts with any other payment processing services. My next step is some form of merchant account or maybe clickbank.

-The Exception

20. Domainer

Domainer Peon

Best Answers:
    Good watching out iowadawg! Are you guys open for a new opportunity that allows you to capitalize with domain names, just like the people who started the DOT.COM.

I think all of you are good people who use your internet experience to help others. This is what I see here so far, and would like to share something with you in return. Everyone who missed out on the DOT.COM should take advantage of what I want to share with you guys.

If you're interested, reply and I'll pm you with the link and more info.

I really do thank you guys because after listening to you as I was reading your messages here. I received a call from my friend who lost all of her funds from stormpay ....she had over $2,000 that was reversed back to stormpay when she tried to withdraw her funds. Basically they took her hard earned money.

The best way to thank you guys is to share an opportunity that allows you to receive lifetime royalties from domain names.

Domainer, Feb 8, 2006 IP