1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

20 elementary school children plus 6 adults shot dead by a guy with a gun

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by earlpearl, Dec 15, 2012.

1. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, it's good that you accept your limitations.

robjones, Dec 17, 2012 IP
  2. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Funny because growing up, I used to hang out with quite a few Aussie surfers. Several illegally immigrated to the US and had anchor babies to obtain residency.

Obamanation, Dec 17, 2012 IP
  3. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I dont want to sink to Bob's level, so even though he said we are "dicks"... I'll graciously admit I believe him to be the exact opposite. :)

4. boblord666

boblord666 Member

Best Answers:
    Well I take victory as the right wing looneys sink to record levels of reverting to personal abuse.

May your guns get plenty of use.

boblord666, Dec 17, 2012 IP
  5. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hey, dont rub the lamp if you dont wanna see the genie. :p

6. boblord666

boblord666 Member

Best Answers:
    Enjoy your guns Rob, may you have plenty of opportunities to use them. I mean that sincerely.

boblord666, Dec 17, 2012 IP
  7. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I would trust Rob with all his guns around my kids more than I would trust many of the posters even 20 feet away with or without a weapon....
    Rob would more likely be a protector and harmless to my children, others here I don't even like to even read what they write without feeling a little bit violated myself. Some of which have been repeatedly banned and my guess is they just haven't been caught by authorities yet for something that would make me want Rob to be protecting my kids with guns from.

debunked, Dec 17, 2012 IP
  8. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's more of a morality problem. BTW, attendence at gun shows go up after these events because gun dealers are concerned a future ban on guns will prevent them from earning a living, so they want to stock up.

I actually watched Bill O'Reilly today. Haven't watched him in months. He's talking about how to constitutionally ban certain guns.

I think something that everyone is ignoring is, how did Adam Lanza get access to his mother's guns? Why weren't they secured as the law requires? I think in the coming days we're going to find that something was spooky in the Lanza household. Adam's mother had a cache of guns, the Bushmaster .223-caliber semiautomatic (the same gun used by the Korean-Americans in the L.A. riots) and two handguns, a Glock 10 mm and a Sig Sauer 9 mm that we know of. She had never used the shooting range in nearby Danbury CT. Adam's mother did not work for the school. Adam killed his mother, then went to the school.

Adam Lanza had Asperger's, a disorder that makes him highly subject to a set routine and reacts badly to a deviation from that routine ("time for Wopner"). It takes careful planning and programming to get a subject off-routine. I'm just talking out of my ass here, but what Adam did is completely off-routine. And it made me think of the terrorist attack at Beslan, Russia in 2004.

How does a mother with a child that has Asperger's, allow that child to get access to a loaded weapon? How does he know how to aim and fire it? He wasn't capable of figuring it out himself. Hell, I can't even remove the safety off my brother's handgun and I was too embarrassed to ask. To show it to me, he took it out if a safe, removed a locked gun case, then removed the trigger lock.

How does a child with Asperger's know how to go to a school he never attended, find the youngest, handle, aim, and fire a loaded gun, then kill himself? I don't think someone with Asperger's possesses the PLANNING CAPACITY to do this - without deliberate training.

It's contrary to the disorder. Again, I'm talking out of my ass here, but was he a carefully programmed terrorist?

Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
    Corwin, Dec 17, 2012 IP
  9. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Might be the nicest thing I've seen anyone at DP say, ever. Thanks debunked. Trust is a good thing.
    Hey... the good guys gotta stick together.:)

10. Bushranger

Bushranger Notable Member

Best Answers:
    From what I hear it's best to trust noone. The only trust Ms Lanza had was for her son. How'd that work out for her?

Whilst robjones might be a perfect little angel he has no control over someone else he trusts with his guns. Just like the now extremely dead Mrs Lanza.

In answer to Corwin - Mrs Lanza took her son out shooting to prepare for the end of the world.

ADDED: Bill O'reilly works for Mr Murdoch who was here today burying his mother. Check out the interaction between Mr Murdoch & Mr Turnbull on Twitter. Murdoch thinks you're all crazy too.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
    Bushranger, Dec 17, 2012 IP
  11. andreayton

andreayton Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    very terrible thing indeed :(

andreayton, Dec 18, 2012 IP
  12. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To prepare for the end of the world? She was a survivalist? Or what? Do you have a cite?

Corwin, Dec 18, 2012 IP
  13. grpaul

grpaul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's crazy how you never see women doing things like this..

I'm curious what the majority of you would say when asked "How would you define a good person"? What characteristics, traits?

[video=youtube;MPjxJKvMdZg]http://youtu.be/MPjxJKvMdZg[/video]

grpaul, Dec 18, 2012 IP
  14. Bushranger

Best Answers:
    Google is your friend.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Lanzas-survivalist-mother-obsessed-guns.html

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Nancy+Lanza+survivalist+stockpiled+food+guns/7712193/story.html

I've seen other stories since (today), friends claiming she was just stockpiling food and was not a survivalist but all early reports said she was.

Added: @ALL - Having just read another story, man, if you haven't shed a tear at least once over this sad and sorry affair, you're a heartless bastard, whoever you are.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
    Bushranger, Dec 18, 2012 IP
  15. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Reading is fundamental.

Your first bullshit cite is from a U.K. tabloid website is here:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Lanzas-survivalist-mother-obsessed-guns.html
    It states, in bold sensationalistic type, "Gunman's 'survivalist' mother was OBSESSED with guns and stockpiled supplies as she planned for economic collapse before son shot her in the face while she lay in bed"

But the article's source material is from the local Hartford Curant here:
    http://www.courant.com/news/connect...ewtown-shooting-1216-20121215,0,1816780.story
    Notice it says nothing about her being a survivalist. As a matter of fact, it contradicts the U.K. tabloid and states "Marsha Lanza, Adam Lanza's aunt, said it was her understanding that Nancy Lanza kept three guns in the home...'The only reason she would have guns," Marsha Lanza said, 'was for self-defense.' "

It says nothing about being obsessed with guns, stockpiling supplies, or being a survivalist. Three guns is hardly "stockpiling".

Your second bullshit Canadian tabloid cite is here:
    http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Nancy+Lanza+survivalist+stockpiled+food+guns/7712193/story.html
    With the headline "Nancy Lanza a 'survivalist' who stockpiled food and guns Nancy Lanza a 'survivalist' who stockpiled food and guns"

I guess if they write it twice that makes it true?

Ah, yes, the dreaded liberal Thought Police - we must all THINK Correct Thoughts, and we must all FEEL Correct Feelings, or we become Enemies of the State. Right, Bushie?

In a more serious note - Bushie, I doubt that you feel much compassion when your posts contain so much hate.

Corwin, Dec 18, 2012 IP
  16. Bushranger

Best Answers:
    Tell ya what Coridiot, my name's Bushranger. If you truly want me to answer your crap then address me as such. No respect these Republicans.

Bushranger, Dec 18, 2012 IP
  17. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    OMG! There was an attempted movie massacre yesterday! In Texas...
    You won't hear about it on the news, You won't see a tearful Barack Obama at a candlelight vigil. You'll scarcely hear aside from this post.
    Why? Cause one woman (an off-duty sheriff's deputy) had a concealed firearm on her person. She placed a round in his chest. End of tragedy.

See: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/man...ty-sheriffs-deputy-drops-him-with-one-bullet/ That's how it's done folks. Welcome to Texas.

robjones, Dec 18, 2012 IP
  18. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    WOW!

Now THAT is how it's done! THAT is why we have a 2nd Amendment!

Rob, with one post you have smashed everything that Bushie wrote today.

Corwin, Dec 18, 2012 IP
  19. grpaul

grpaul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I found this article pretty interesting.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/17/sandy-hook-blame-game_n_2318334.html?ref=topbar

"It really has a lot to do with our society," Bonn said. "We are a pretty violent society. We have the highest crime and imprisonment rates in the world. Our whole society is based on individualism -– the right to bear arms, the right to speak out, and the right to stand up for yourself. Those are all good things, but on steroids and in the extreme they can lead to confrontation and violence. People fight over parking spaces, clothing, Christmas shopping, etc. We're a society that is very much about 'you get in my face and I'm going to knock you down.' That's the American way. It trickles down to the individual level and I think that sort of fierce independence and individualism can create an environment for violence. A lot of people may not like to hear that but I believe it's true."

grpaul, Dec 18, 2012 IP
  20. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Interesting, but highly inaccurate.

I disagree that the USA is a violent society. We do not have the highest crime rate per capita - we're not even in the Top 50, pretty much every nation in Europe is before us.

Homicide rate, we're not even in the Top 100.

Americans do not fight over parking spaces, clothing, Christmas shopping, etc. Each county has their share of assholes, but if you want to see civilians fighting in the streets on a regular basis, go to France, Greece, Spain, Turkey, Romania, or sadly, any Muslim nation.

Which are the countries where you see people rioting in the streets every week?

We are the first to help in a crisis and we have one of the few militarys trained to give humanitarian aid. Americans are a very giving people.

Corwin, Dec 18, 2012 IP