1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

20 elementary school children plus 6 adults shot dead by a guy with a gun

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by earlpearl, Dec 15, 2012.

1. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Wtf kinda statement is that. Of course we mourn the loss, but "remorse" is something shown by someone that did it. I didn't.

If you want to pretend I am personally culpable, that's a whole nuther conversation, cause it is just silly. I assure you had I been there with a weapon I'd have drilled the little SOB shooter in the forehead... and totally without remorse. Sadly unlike other attempted shootings that got cut short, there was no responsible armed person present, there was a fantasy gun free zone... a magic liberal force field that protected exactly nobody.

If anyone should be showing remorse, it's idiot liberals that came up with the ignorant superstition that a sign will deter crazed gunmen. If YOU support that theory, feel free to apologize on behalf of yourself and your peers for the death of these children, because people that support the gun free zone idea are accomplices in those childrens death.

Dont blame responsible gun owners for deaths that wouldve been stopped had one responsible gun owner been present.

robjones, Dec 17, 2012 IP
  2. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Please pardon my lack of culture and poor reading skills. Can you clarify this statement for me? Was this a defense of the idea that shouting fire in a theater is illegal, or a defense of the idea you have proposed a solution to this problem that does not include a ban on hand guns? Enlighten me.

Again, my poor reading skills left me confused here. DC has had a gun ban for quite a while. Are you here making the case that gun bans don't work, or was this a slip up in your argument?

Regarding the rest of your nonsense about Lofgren or Ornstein, people are entitled to their opinions. It doesn't make them right, even if you agree with them. Take this ex-Democratic congressmen, for instance, speaking out about the Democratic Party he just left:

The fact Ornstein works for the AEI while remaining best friends with left wing extremist Al Franken, goes a long way to dispelling the idea that groups like the AEI are filled with "Right Wing Extremists" as you call them.

Obamanation, Dec 17, 2012 IP
  3. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I've saved a life with a gun before, I have never taken a life with one. How many have you saved with your dull wit and foul mood?

Maybe next you'll look at the stats that show what you call "backward states" are also safer. If people like you were bright, the safest cities in the US would be New York, Chicago, and DC. Yet those have more gun deaths than where I live.

Just a thought.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  4. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My God, what do you expect me to say? Are you so politically polarized that you objectify those that disagree with you? Do you think that anyone who disagrees with you is heartless? Because then YOU, Earl, are definitely someone I don't want to see with a gun.

All I can say is this: evil exists in the world. My Christian faith teaches me that violence against the most innocent of us is the vilest expression of that evil.

The Aussies and Brits live on island nations. You want to ban any import, it's incredibly easy to enforce regulations. Here in the USA we have the longest unprotected borders in the world.

Once upon a time in the USA alcoholic beverages were banned. Powerful criminal organizations sprang up to manufacture and supply alcohol, making criminals of the population. Many drugs are banned in the USA, and powerful, vicious criminal organizations have sprung up to supply drugs.

Just try to ban guns in the USA. See what you think will happen. We see Mexicans coming across the border every day with entire dining room sets. How tough would it be for them to come across with a handgun? "Wanna go to the USA? You and your kids carry these semi-automatics with you, Go see Carlos in L.A. and he'll give you $300 for them. Use them if you see any border federalies."

Of course, one step towards completely banning handguns in the USA would be if we clamped down on the borders. But you won't find a single political party that wants to ban handguns AND secure the borders. See the political problem?

I Agree.

When in prison, Ted Bundy tried to understand why he felt it was morally correct to murder so many people. He eventually blamed it on his atheism - reasoning that in the absence of a judging God, there were absolutely no cosmic consequences to his murders.

Do you expect me to blame Obama?

Corwin, Dec 17, 2012 IP
  5. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Earl - Have there been AUTOMATIC weapons at any of these shootings? No. Semi-auto? Yes.

We restricted the sale of automatic weapons in the 1930s back when you could buy a Thomspon submachine gun at the hardware store.

[Oddly we didnt have any school shootings then, so maybe the weapons were not the issue?.]

Arguing gun control with people that think automatic weapons are all over the place is like arguing birth control with someone that thinks storks bring babies. Read up on the subject before discussing it, but please dont make a case to ban something that's been restricted for over three quarters of a century.

6. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    I'm just waiting to see how long it takes liberals to start using Al Queda style tactics to get the big government they want. Obama had no problem selling automatic weapons to Mexican drug cartels in furtherance of re instituting the assault weapons ban. Can sacrificial libtards wandering into schools shooting kids with handguns in furtherance of hand gun bans be far behind? I'm sure they would be all to happy to view those children as soldiers who died for the cause of the greater good.

7. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Still trying to figure out why I'm supposed to be showing "remorse" instead of "sorrow". Unlike many here, I know David is smart enough that I don't consider it a random poor choice of words.

Do people associated with bars in Boston need to feel "remorse" when a drunk leaves a bar in Houston and slaughters a coupla children with his car? Is the entire "alcohol culture" culpable for this unspeakable wrong... or is it just the fault of the Texas dickweed that got behind the wheel drunk?

If he'd run into an entire classroom of children would it be time for us to consider having a serious discussion about prohibition? Would it be time to install breathylyzers on ALL cars, to prevent the event of future tragedy, despite the fact that most who would have to blow into a device to drive would have never been near Houston and probably never drove drunk?

I do not understand why people apply a standard to gun control discussions that defies logic. A LOT more people die from drunk drivers than from guns, by a longshot, and we dont have a constitutionally protected right to keep and bear cars OR alcohol... but we have a totally irrational fear of guns that people dont display in the case of drunk drivers. I might add, we DID try prohibition of alcohol, and it flopped.

8. earlpearl

earlpearl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Rob:

I look for remorse of even the slightest kind when these tragedies occur. Far too often I don't see any from any of the defenders of the status quo with regard to guns in the US. not just in DP but elsewhere. Immediately there are a variety of defenses. (I don't need to quote them all). The dead die, the families mourn and the defenders of the status quo can't seem to be bothered.

So I wrote my piece. Later I took a look at Rebecca's reference to your blog post. I read it. I noticed you referenced the tragedy. By the time I got to it a lot of comments had been made. I didn't note it the moment I saw it, but I note it now.

I agree. ;)

On the drunkenness thing it is brought up all the time every incident wherein a drunk kills someone. In virginia, drunks who get caught but haven't killed people do get breathalyzers in the cars. They are there for a pretty long time. People getting caught drunk lose their licenses and that is a hardship. All that occurs long before anyone dies. Actually after MADD was started and a large effort was made to reduce deaths by drunken driving there has been a significant reduction in the number of deaths. Certainly hasn't ended the occurrences, as we recently saw with two Dallas Cowboys but the number of such deaths and injuries caused by drunken driving has dropped since those days. I think MADD started over 20 years ago, there have been a variety of responses to tighten regs in different states with regard to drunken driving and I know the numbers of fatalities has dropped a lot over the years.

You want stats? I can get em.

earlpearl, Dec 17, 2012 IP
  9. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    I was looking at some of the pictures of the surge in gun show attendance since this tragedy, and it struck me. If guns are the problem, wouldn't the concentration of guns at these events make them the highest probability location for these types of mass shootings? Strangely, nobody seems inclined to go for psychotic gold at these events, opting instead for "gun free zones" like schools. Things that make you go hmmm.

[​IMG]

10. boblord666

boblord666 Member

Best Answers:
    Right wing extremest leader Rupert Murdoch has tweeted that he wants gun control laws similar to his old country. Will his minions on Foxnews Hannity and Huckabee have to change their views to be more in line with the man who signs their cheques.

Obama wants change, guess he's sick of attending the funerals of dozens of people and as a father he must be horrified at this latest mess. It would be a massive call for him to stand up the the angry, old white men of the Republican Party and their shoot forever policies. Has he got the courage, I can't imagine what it would be like to be in his shoes. I remember Howard wearing a bullet proof vest when he was selling gun control laws (We don't want to be like America!). What would Obama have to do?

Murdoch and Obama both fighting for gun control together, now wouldn't that be something. Pity 20 kids had to die for the suggestion even to rise.

boblord666, Dec 17, 2012 IP
  11. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Suspect those on YOUR side of the argument wish you didn't feel the need to inject race (or sex) into a discussion that has nothing to do with it. Funny part is you seem to be so sure the GOP is all white and male. There's ample evidence to the contrary, but you'd have to be swayed by little things like facts and statistics.Why should that be used by someone more prone to being swayed by empty rhetoric and their girlish emotions. :)

12. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    I can picture Obama running on a campaign slogan of "We don't want to be like America".

13. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    True. And he comes closer to accomplishing it every week.

14. grpaul

grpaul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why should we be feeling remorse?

Defenders of what status quo?

grpaul, Dec 17, 2012 IP
  15. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:

Remorse?

The only one that should be is the madman that shot 26 people. And as far as making more laws, well, he was already breaking the law.

Rebecca, Dec 17, 2012 IP
  16. boblord666

boblord666 Member

Best Answers:
    I am GUILTY as charged. Convicted of girlish emotions. Just hate seeing people getting killed needlessly or accidentally even if it is in a country far, far away.

Just back from a long walk along the beach where I was thinking about Obama. What is he going to do? Obviously a man of girlish emotions, a man with a young loving family and a man who can see that America can't keep on the same path. A strong man who bought soldiers back from Iraq and is headed that way with Afghanistan. Saving countess lives. A strong man with conviction who despite doomsayers bought a little bit of civilisation to America with healthcare for 30 million Americans. Saving countess lives.

This is his biggest test. If the deaths of 20 kids isn't enough to change the mindset of the people in backwards States then nothing will. But if he decides to do something about the gun laws then he will be putting his life on the line. I would give him zero chance of survival in a country full of millions of mindless gun nuts waving pieces of paper above their heads yelling "you won't take my gun from me." Is he prepared to make the ultimate sacrifice for his country.

He needs a Billy Graham as well as Rupert Murdoch. Remember Billy "God will save us from the commies" Graham. He needs someone like that beside him too.

The girlsih emotions have overtaken me again. President Obama, you are in my thoughts as you prepare to make the biggest decision of your life. May you have a long life.

17. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm sure Obama agrees with you that our constitution is nothing but "a piece of paper".

Frankly guys like you that are subjects instead of citizens are never likely to understand. Just do what you're told and I'm sure you'll be fine.

18. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    I've been thinking. News agencies like Fox news and MSNBC do more harm than good when it comes to disseminating accurate information. Misinformation has been holding our country back from real scientific, societal, and humanitarian progress, and these news outlets are the primary purveyors of that misinformation.

In consideration of these facts, it would be much better for us, as a culture, to take the power of the press away from these "independent" organizations and leave it only in the hands of those working for our mutual benefit, namely, the government.

Now I know the constitution talks about the freedom of the press, but consider that the document is over 200 years old. We need to be thinking about the greater good, not some out dated piece of paper.

[​IMG]

Which one is you?

19. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    And who better to guide us into how to relinquish all those silly rights on faded paper than a bunch of girls that have already given up theirs in the hope a beneficent government will safely care for them. Thank God we have these aussies here to show us how to roll over.

20. boblord666

boblord666 Member

Best Answers:
    Actually I give daily thanks to whoever is responsible for having the extreme good fortune for me being born an Aussie. Incredible good luck for all of us really. Now why don't you blokes go shoot some bullets and kill something or someone, I'm sure that would give you a nice innocent sleep tonight.