1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

$20 a Day and Climbing....Whypark

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by L2ride55, Aug 4, 2008.

First of all let me state that I had tried everything, and I mean everything to get my domains profitable. I tried Sedo, Parked, Namedrive, etc. - all with little or no success to speak of.

It was always one problem or another. Either a letter from Sedo saying that I couldn't have any backlinks, or revenue from visitors at the others that was pennies and not enough to even pay for a yearly domain renewal.

Then I got lucky.

I didn't want to spend the hundred dollars, but I read about a customer that invested 250 thousand dollars in Whypark and thought to myself if he could do that, I would spend the $100. I was at the end of my rope, and figured what the heck.

It has been the absolute best thing I have ever done in this "domain game".

I signed on to Whypark on May 13th, and now I'm averaging better than $20 A DAY on my combined sites in just the last few months! I expect that to climb because of many reasons I'll explain in just a bit.

I noticed in this "domain game" that people that have become "successful" don't talk about it. AT ALL. They're stealthy quiet. They don't post, they don't give out their secrets (unless it's for money), and they surely won't just give you "how they did it". (Very, very few may, but I haven't seen it)

Maybe I'm an idiot, but if I can help somebody, I'm all for it. Just don't mistake my kindness for weakness.

Here was my dilemma. I bought 305 domains that I believe will be worth something, someday. I didn't want to build websites for over 300 domains, but I wanted to make some money - enough money to pay for their renewals when the time came. I tried many "parking" companies. No luck from any of them. Every once in awhile I would get a $2 click, just enough hope to keep me hanging in there but not enough to raise any loot for renewals. Then after ND and Parked, I got a letter from Sedo which really ticked me off. They said I couldn't have ANY links to my domains in forums like this, ebay, or anywhere else for that matter. So I removed all the backlinks I could. That still wasn't good enough for them so I went looking for alternatives. That led me to Whypark.

Now, let me ask you something....

If you can't have "links" to a parked page, and you can't "alter" the code on that parked page, and you can't "drive" traffic to that parked page, and it will never be "indexed" by Google or any other SE for that matter - what the hell good is it? Just sitting and waiting for somebody to type WWW.GOTELEPRESENCE.COM wasn't my idea of making money because nobody I know in their right mind would EVER type that in, never in a million friggin' years! BUT they would visit it from a link in a forum, or a link on somebody's website, or a banner on somebody's blog! All three of those ways to generate traffic are against TOS from all the big parking companies. I think that is the most idiotic thing I have ever seen - firsthand. Lord knows they must have reasons for not allowing traffic like that, whatever their reasons, it wasn't going to help my issue of building 300+ websites though....

I signup up at Whypark because they said you are allowed backlinks, in fact, they encourage them! They supply you relevant articles. They supply you a sitemap for your Google Webmaster CP. They have description, title and keyword tags. They allow custom html and java code. They host your sites. They allow any "widget, or gadget". They supply the layouts (that you can modify). They provide a direct sale page (no more commissions to Sedo). They even supply a Feed in case you don't have an Adsense or Yahoo Feed. All for a one time, $1 a domain fee.

Trust me, I'm tight with my cash. I don't have a lot of it, and separating me from my cash usually ends up with somebody having broken fingers.

I took the plunge. It's the best thing in this "domain game" that I've ever done.

Here's an example - Do a Google search for say Telepresence Rooms (trust me, it's coming), or maybe Telepresence Suites (links provided). That's one of the ways we're allowed to generate traffic. Number one for keywords I've associated to my domains through my Whypark CP and their articles. No traditional parking company can do that. Geez, I know webmasters that can't do that for $1,000.... I paid $1 a site. Can you tell this is a $1 parked page? Go Telepresence

No, I don't work at Whypark. I'm just a blind squirrel that somehow found a nut. I'm also not the kind of guy that can withhold my findings, or turn my back on people that helped me get to where I am... I appreciate all the help (and criticism too) I've received through the last year on Forums like this, and it's my small contribution back I guess. Maybe somebody doesn't have to go through all the brain damage and long hours it took to "get it right". Besides, by allowing links in posts like these, maybe you'll visit my sites and that's always a good thing anyway....

Check out what this dumb squirrel found, and make your own wise decision. Maybe it's for you, maybe it's not. Sure is our "cup of tea" right now though, I can promise you that. If you found this information helpful, and want a referral - use any "Develop Your Domain Names" link on any sites on the list can get you to Whypark (hope I didn't just violate any Forum TOS right there, I don't think I did, no direct hyperlink to referral).

I have this thread set to e-mail me when there are replies - so I'm never too far away from answering a reply if you have a question, comment, want to see the Sedo letter or snapshot, etc.

Good Luck and Great Domaining!

L2

L2ride55, Aug 4, 2008 IP
    MarcL likes this.
  2. Cruelio.com

Cruelio.com Peon

Best Answers:
    intersting

Cruelio.com, Aug 4, 2008 IP
  3. Dillmando

Dillmando Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Wow what a post :D

I have like 3 domains that im not using and its kinda annoying me to just let them sit there. If i used whypark and then payed $1 each they would automatically make my site look something like your gotelepresence, and I would make money if someone like clicked an add or somthing or do I need to do those things by myself?

Dillmando, Aug 4, 2008 IP
  4. L2ride55

L2ride55 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, the $1 a domain is for the minimum 100 domain opener of $100.

If you only have 3 domains - that would be quite expensive at $33.33 a domain. That would be a no-go I would think.

And to answer your other question - It takes about 5 minutes to build a site. You open the CP, add the domain, click on how how many articles you want in the side column and main section, choose a layout, add your Adsense or Yahoo Feed code, add your description and keywords.... Really, it couldn't be easier.

L2

L2ride55, Aug 4, 2008 IP
  5. Dillmando

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    wait so getting 3 domains parked would be $33?

6. C.Whyte

C.Whyte Peon

Best Answers:
    In my experience, parked pages do practically nothing... unless of course you have an amazing domain.

C.Whyte, Aug 4, 2008 IP
  7. L2ride55

L2ride55 Peon

Best Answers:
    They have a minimum "buy in" of $100 - so if you had 100 domains that would be $1 a domain. For only 3 domains, that would be $33.33, 50 domains would be $2 a domain.

I now have 370 domains parked there - 270 "telepresence" related and 100 "others"

L2

L2ride55, Aug 4, 2008 IP
  8. L2ride55

L2ride55 Peon

Best Answers:
    Mine aren't amazing domains (yet) LOL - but they're making moolah!

L2

L2ride55, Aug 4, 2008 IP
  9. Dillmando

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    well this would be quite the investment for me i wouldnt mind the 100 dollars so much but the money for buying the domains.

10. L2ride55

L2ride55 Peon

Best Answers:
    I understand completely! Trust me, I didn't want to shell the $100 either but I was at the end of my rope - nothing I did was "making it happen"....

Here's a link to Alan's Blog.... He's the guy who made the 250K investment at Whypark a few months ago. In his Blog, he shows some of the gadgets and widgets you can add, and also some screenshots of what he's working on there.

www.whyparkinsider.com

L2

L2ride55, Aug 4, 2008 IP
  11. theblogger

theblogger Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What does Google policy say about parked domain ? Is it legal ?

theblogger, Aug 4, 2008 IP
  12. L2ride55

L2ride55 Peon

Best Answers:
    Here's the letter from Sedo that really ticked me off (and got me paid too).... the red comments are mine

Dear Sedo Customer,

This email is in regards to the domain names you have parked with Sedos parking program. While our quality management team was performing a routine check of parked domains, they detected some abnormal behavior with your domains. The traffic for your parked domains does not conform to typical rates, and we would like to know where this volume of traffic is originating from.

Our quality management team would like to make sure that the traffic that is coming to your domain(s) does not violate the Terms and Conditions of our parking program. Such contraventions would include, but are not exclusive to:

* clicking yourself
    * using scripts or other automatic means to generate clicks
    * using pop-ups
    * incentivized clicks
    * anything that does not result from natural traffic

For more information on our parking Terms of Use, and what is considered natural traffic, please visit the following link: http://www.sedo.com/about/policy.ph...id=&language=us

We would be very grateful if you could provide any explanation with regards to why your domains are receiving such high traffic levels. Please note: This email is not implying that you are violating Sedos Terms of Use, or accusing you of doing so. We would just like to have a better knowledge of where the traffic for your domains is originating from.

We look forward to your response. If you have any further questions please let us know.

I then answered this e-mail with exact language spelling out where, when and how they where linked....

And this was their reply...

Hello Wayne,

Thank you for your email and for explaining where the traffic for your parked domain names is originating from. Please note that placing links to your parked pages on a website violates our Parking Terms of Use. Also, hyperlinking your domain names on forums to direct people to your parked pages is not allowed. Instead of directing people to your parked pages to make offers, you will need to direct people to the actual offer pages for your domains, such as this:

http://www.sedo.com/search/details....id=&language=us

You will therefore need to stop using such practices as soon as possible in order to avoid being penalized. For more information on our parking Terms of Use, please visit the following link:

http://www.sedo.com/about/policy.ph...id=&language=us

Please let me know when you have removed all links to your parked pages. If you have any further questions please let me know.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Quality Management Team

I then "removed" every hyperlink I could and wrote them back...

Here's was the reply I received...

Hello Wayne,

Thank you for your email and for taking care of this so quickly: I greatly appreciate it.

Please note that all hyperlinks to your parked domains must be removed in order for you to have a natural flow of traffic to your parked domain names. If you are unable to remove these links, I would recommend removing them from Sedo parking as an alternative.

If you have any further questions please let me know. I will be happy to assist you.

Quality Management Team

My reply? I have removed them from Sedo Parking

Now, Sedo may be the best for selling a domain, but just not "parking" a domain....

L2

L2ride55, Aug 4, 2008 IP
  13. L2ride55

L2ride55 Peon

Best Answers:
    Allowed - Must have relevant content which all Whypark sites do.... I have at least 12 relevant articles on each site - example - www.BuyTelepresence.net

L2

L2ride55, Aug 4, 2008 IP
  14. mill123

mill123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    interesting indeed.

mill123, Aug 4, 2008 IP
  15. desilator

desilator Peon

Best Answers:
    I have multiple domains parked on Sedo earning cash... why pay to park your domains?

desilator, Aug 4, 2008 IP
  16. L2ride55

L2ride55 Peon

Best Answers:
    My best month ever at Sedo - $86

Like I said earlier, best money I ever spent.

L2

L2ride55, Aug 4, 2008 IP
  17. desilator

desilator Peon

Best Answers:
    $86.00 can cover renewals.. Why not develop the domains and change $86.00 from multiple domains to $86.00 from a single domain X how ever many domains you own. Development is key.

desilator, Aug 4, 2008 IP
  18. L2ride55

L2ride55 Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't want to come off as a smartarse but that's what I have now (developed and indexed websites) and $600+ a month (and climbing) is a whole lot better!

L2

L2ride55, Aug 4, 2008 IP
  19. torrio74

torrio74 Peon

Best Answers:
    600 a month is nice---I will look into this

torrio74, Aug 4, 2008 IP
  20. L2ride55

L2ride55 Peon

Best Answers:
    That is exactly what I say!

L2