1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

2 years on Adsense but still under $100

Discussion in 'Payments' started by sysop, Jul 31, 2007.

One of my friend started his blogs mostly on technical stuff like security tools and technique. He also implement Google Adsense from the day one he started his blog.

But until now, after two years maintaining his blog with tremendous traffic (more than few hundred unique traffic per day), his accumulated adsense income only generated less than $100. His adsense blending is good and SEO certified but very small CTR.

Why this happen? Do this happen because of his good article or post which visitor don't even need to click to other link? Any answer?

sysop, Jul 31, 2007 IP
  2. bobmeetsworld

bobmeetsworld Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A few hundred per day is not really 'tremendous' traffic.

bobmeetsworld, Jul 31, 2007 IP
    Canadianbacon likes this.
  3. syedwasi87

syedwasi87 Active Member

Best Answers:
    i myself know of some of my friends who have around like 2K to 3K visits per day..

and for that i think he gets around like 5-6$ per day..which varies ofcourse day to day and also to the nice of the site the ads are on..

syedwasi87, Jul 31, 2007 IP
  4. cooolapts

cooolapts Active Member

Best Answers:
    It would be good if you can put the URL here. If the placement is wrong other members can guide you to place them for higher CTR and hence earnings.

cooolapts, Jul 31, 2007 IP
  5. RECEP

RECEP Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Very realistic rates. Traffic=$$. hundred uniques is NOTHING.

RECEP, Jul 31, 2007 IP
  6. allout

allout Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    He needs to work on building more traffic. Many people who make good money on adsense have several blogs/sites and the combination of all the sites is what increase the earnings. He may have to look into better back links on sites related to his topic. He may also have to invest in some paid links.

allout, Jul 31, 2007 IP
  7. godmode

godmode Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hundreds uniques is not terrific. in fact i wont count anything below 10 K unique per day as terrific traffic

godmode, Jul 31, 2007 IP
  8. Connections

Connections Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    a few hundred in traffic terms been uniques or page views?

is it a "blogspot blog" ??

to really make some money on adsense you need the right niche and you need a few thousand uniques a day, the more traffic yes the more money.

Also with tech blogs, the visitors you are targeting are usually ad blind so to say.

Connections, Jul 31, 2007 IP
  9. Trapped

Trapped Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Apart my personal thought on making money with AdSense performs best with non internet related topics it could also be his ad placement. I do not know if he has played around and optimize his AdSense ads (not the site) on his pages, but this could be one of the reasons, he could make different placement of the ads of different shapes and know which ones perform best for his site.

Tho it is true that tech related visitors are more or less ad blind or at least have installed plugins that disable ads (which could be one of the reasons), your friend can realize if his visitors have ads blocked within their browser by taking a close look to the statistics and analyze them (both, web site statistic with page views and the ad impressions from AdSense).

If your friend feels like this is the maximum he can earn from his site with this traffic, he could as well try to sign up for a affiliate program where he can link to products related to the technology he is writing about, which usually perform much better than ads.

Trapped, Jul 31, 2007 IP
  10. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    few hundred per day and in 2 years not 100$ hmm i don't know how that is posible ....

w3bmaster, Jul 31, 2007 IP
  11. Mayoor

Mayoor Peon

Best Answers:
    It all depends on what keywords you mate is targetting. If he is targetting low paying keywords he wont make much!

Mayoor, Aug 1, 2007 IP
  12. CarTitans

CarTitans Peon

Best Answers:
    You may be onto something here - good content often takes away from CTR.

CarTitans, Aug 1, 2007 IP
  13. neelesh

neelesh Peon

Best Answers:
    I think, it all lies in the placement of the ads. They must be placed somewhere it would catch the attention of the user.

neelesh, Aug 2, 2007 IP
  14. michiganfootball20

michiganfootball20 Peon

Best Answers:
    like everyone else is saying, 100+ uniques isnt that great. im getting like 2k uniques a day and still only make like 5-10 USD

michiganfootball20, Aug 2, 2007 IP
  15. sysop

sysop Peon

Best Answers:
    This more than hundred unique traffic is solely on traffic alone. It's not a pageviews. He got mostly 2k ~ 3k on pageviews daily. It's not a blogspot but rather than a blogs (own domain) with carry technical stuff.

Right now he's trying on In-Line Text ads for more income generator. He is using Adbrite for that.

sysop, Aug 5, 2007 IP
  16. kks_krishna

kks_krishna Active Member

Best Answers:
    Few hundred is very less. he has to get thousands of visitors to generte more money.

kks_krishna, Aug 5, 2007 IP
  17. ziahaq21

ziahaq21 Banned

Best Answers:
    YOU CAN CONTACT ME AT ZIAHAQ21@HOTMAIL.COM for clarification of your doubts, and having content text for your site.

ziahaq21, Aug 5, 2007 IP
  18. Hopper

Hopper Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have to agree with trapped, I have many sites that include Adsense, one of my sites is very 'web' based in its content, the Adsense results on that site are very poor yet my other sites non-web based content achieve very reasonable earnings.

Just ask yourself as a person who is web savvy, how often do you click Adsense ads? I personally click ads very infrquently. Maybe this has a lot to do with the reason for the poor earnings.

Hopper, Aug 5, 2007 IP
  19. wayner

wayner Peon

Best Answers:
    A few hundred a day, over 2 years is around 150,000 visitors in total. Assuming a typical CTR would probably give you about $5 for every 2000 visitors, then you should have had something like $375 over the 2 years, so your not too far behind what you should be expecting.

Anything either side if this figure is a sign of a good or bad niche/placement.

Yours being below the $375 figure probably means the niche doesn't pay much per click, or your placement needs some work.

As its a blog, and presumably close to your friends heart, the niche cant be changed, however the placement can, this Google article will give you some clues on better placement: https://www.google.com/adsense/support/bin/answer.py?answer=17954

Basically, anything further to the top and left is good, and blending is essential, your ads really need to fit and flow with the content, if its clear they are ads then visitors wont click em, if they blend well and seem part of the 'natural' content they will do much better.

Hope this helps and good luck :)

wayner, Aug 5, 2007 IP
  20. chaoz

chaoz Active Member

Best Answers:
    seem from the traffic, no one interested to click on ads. maybe the ads is not content related

chaoz, Aug 5, 2007 IP