1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

2 questions Regarding Amazon - Newbie for Affiliate

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by hardip2057, Nov 14, 2011.

Hello Dpers,

I just entered to Affiliate world. I would be much appreciated if I will have answers of following questions:

1.) Can Indian people use Amazon affiliate? If so then how they will get payment?
    2.) Which one is better? CJ OR Amazon?

Waiting for responses.

Thanks in advance.

hardip2057, Nov 14, 2011 IP
  2. Tarum

Tarum Active Member

Best Answers:
    Amazon Associates is available to all countries. However, Amazon only has US, UK, France, Spain, Italy and 3 more, so Indian people won't really be able to buy. Getting paid for being an affiliate is of course without a problem, for all countries.

That depends..You can't just say which one is better. I mean if Amazon would be better then why would people even use CJ? Read a bit about both. CJ is more for digital products.

Tarum, Nov 14, 2011 IP
  3. nihangshah

nihangshah Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    1.) Can Indian people use Amazon affiliate? If so then how they will get payment?

I'm from India and already earning from Amazon Associates program. All you need is to reach minimum $100 threshold and they'll send you check in US dollars. Payment schedule is given in this help topic.

2.) Which one is better? CJ OR Amazon?

Both. But, I think Amazon converts better because it's trusted and they sell almost everything on earth.

nihangshah, Nov 14, 2011 IP
  4. hardip2057

hardip2057 Banned

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Thanks Tarum For detailed Information. I appreciated your help.

------------------------

Thanks Nihang Shah for details and agree with min. Payment threshold BUT still one query, how it Is possible to convert $$ check into INR? Do bank convert it without charge? I hold Current account. Waiting for your details.

hardip2057, Nov 14, 2011 IP
  5. nihangshah

nihangshah Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Amazon will send you check like this in US dollars. When it arrives in India, you'll have to obey FEMA guidelines setup by Reserve Bank of India.

Contact your nearest bank and ask for 'Foreign Currency Cheque Form', fill it up and submit. Banks will deduct their transactions fees (around 200 INR to 400 INR) from the amount you receive and deposit the rest in your bank account. It takes 15-21 to clear such cheques.

All accounts (Savings & Current) can be used for Foreign Currency cheque collection.

nihangshah, Nov 15, 2011 IP
  6. brireland

brireland Peon

Best Answers:
    I am intetested in becoming an Amozon aff. what is the best way to advertise.

brireland, Nov 15, 2011 IP
  7. jcpeden

jcpeden Active Member

Best Answers:
    CJ has more variety and often better incentives for affiliates. Its also worth noting that there is a bit of crossover. Amazon sub-stores like Endless.com offer their products on CJ.

jcpeden, Nov 16, 2011 IP
  8. JeremyLangford

JeremyLangford Peon

Best Answers:
    Amazon seems to be a standard, trusted site but CJ has great variety.

JeremyLangford, Nov 18, 2011 IP
  9. Gaz Cooper

Gaz Cooper Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Amazon without doubt converts better simply because of the trust factor People know and love Amazon and have NO problem buying without even thinking however on lesser known sites the visitor may hesitate since they may be less comfortable until crediblity is established with the site.

Brireland

The best way to get started is with choosing a prodcut and building a mini Amazon website this is the easiest way to get started and you can build from there.

Kickin it on Amazon

Gaz Cooper
    Amz Training Academy

Gaz Cooper, Nov 23, 2011 IP
  10. rmeeuwsen

rmeeuwsen Peon

Best Answers:
    I signed up for both years ago.

CJ dropped me for some stupid reason (I thought) and I thus wasted months of effort.
    But I never made much $ with them anyway.

Amazon still sends me a little money every little while, and I stopped promoting them a long time ago!

rmeeuwsen, Nov 26, 2011 IP