1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

2 difference sitemaps in my website?

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by juerald, Nov 5, 2012.

Hello i dont know why that happens but looks like i have 2 sitemaps in my website.Im using wordpress and have installed a plugin (Google Sitemap Generator)
    And when i go in my website websitename.com/sitemap.xml everything work right with that plugin like photo : Do i need to change something in priority ? Also want to know when i write www.domainname.com/sitemap.xml another sitemap opened (that one i have uploaded via FTP)(Another one gererated online)
    [​IMG]

juerald, Nov 5, 2012 IP
  2. websitetools

websitetools Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The photo you show is a standard XML sitemaps styled to look prettier for humans. (But search engines etc. don't use the styling.)

You can "view source" in your browser to view how the file(s) actually looks like.

websitetools, Nov 5, 2012 IP
  3. juerald

juerald Active Member

Best Answers:
    Okay thanks for information i want to ask also for
    Priority
    also i have putet 100% priority for categories , posts , pages?

Its that good or bad thing? Can you explain me please ? and if its wrong which are the best values for posts ?

juerald, Nov 5, 2012 IP
  4. Techloverofyou

Techloverofyou Peon

Best Answers:
    This is a XML sitemap which is mainly used for Google and other search engines. You should also create a htnl sitemap to show your website to your visitors more properly.

Techloverofyou, Nov 11, 2012 IP
  5. badolfus

badolfus Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The snapshot you have shared, that is a pretty normal WordPress plugins generated site map.

I didn't find anything wrong in there.

This is how Google Sitemap generator generates plugins.

If you still have problem, please share the link of your site, so that I can have a look at it, and give you any conclusion.

badolfus, Nov 22, 2012 IP