1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

2 1/2 months progress

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by askton, Sep 13, 2005.

I have been doing my adsense operatino for about 2 1/2 months...

first month my daily average was $5, last month my daily average was $8.23, this month my daily average is almost $9.30

my CTR this month is about 3%

for the time 2 1/2 months that I have put in, do I have a good start or do I have a slow start? I wanna see how it was for you guys in the beginning compared to mine, thanks

askton, Sep 13, 2005 IP
  2. toocoolforschool

toocoolforschool Peon

Best Answers:
    You can't compare like that, there are too many variables. Some sites will burst onto the scene and immediately make a lot of money because they fill a particular niche; some sites are one out of millions, so relies on a steady increase in visitors for a steady increase in Adsense earnings, which is what I think is happening with you. What's your site topic? And are you seeing a corrolation between higher traffic and higher ads? I'd wager that this is the case.

toocoolforschool, Sep 13, 2005 IP
  3. alext

alext Active Member

Best Answers:
    It would be interesting to know if you started your site(s) from scratch 2.5 months ago, or you started with adsense 2.5 months ago.

If you just started your sites at that time and you didn't have any existing web presence, I would say you are doing pretty good indeed! There is so much to learn when you are new... or old :p

alext, Sep 13, 2005 IP
  4. tbarr60

tbarr60 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    At $9 per day, you are at $270 a month. That should cover your hosting. :)

Unless you have lots of return visitors, your CTR is low. If you apply what Google and everyone else recommends (blend your colors in, use the big rectangle ad box, place it high and centered, etc, etc) you should see a much higher CTR.

tbarr60, Sep 13, 2005 IP
  5. exaro

exaro Peon

Best Answers:
    Sounds like you already had a nice traffic flow pre-adsense, so like it was said before, its hard to compare unless we know your situation.

exaro, Sep 13, 2005 IP
  6. iskandar

iskandar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Compared to my first site, that's a good start... but my adsense started along with my site.

You need to tune up the ads a bit so that you'l get nicer CTR though

iskandar, Sep 13, 2005 IP
  7. veedee

veedee Peon

Best Answers:
    I's a good start, I only got around $0.8/day in first month & around $2/day second month.

veedee, Sep 13, 2005 IP
  8. LeeD

LeeD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Congrats - I think it is a good start! Anytime pay increases, it is a good thing...:)

LeeD, Sep 14, 2005 IP
  9. Voasi

Voasi Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think it is a good started as well, compared to the majority of newbies who try the adsense game. At this rate, you'll be hitting $100 a day within 6 months...that's not too bad at all. :)

Voasi, Sep 14, 2005 IP