1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

1and1.com?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by syedwasi87, Jun 13, 2007.

1. Shazz

Shazz Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Compare Hostgator to 1and1 :|
    Way better or ?

Shazz, Jun 23, 2007 IP
  2. Acecool

Acecool Peon

Best Answers:
    I was hosted with them here in Germany, they sucked as hosting, and sucked even more for the domains..

It took a couple months for them to let go of all of our domains...

Acecool, Jun 24, 2007 IP
  3. mutasim

mutasim Active Member

Best Answers:
    Lol.. the whole reason why I setup LemonChord.com was because of the poor service of 1and1 :p

mutasim, Jun 24, 2007 IP
  4. Anna X

Anna X Peon

Best Answers:
    1and1.com is something funny lol. A friend of mine recieved warning letters from this registrar once,
    that they would sue him if he would not give his domains to 1and1.com. That is a very difficult trade.
    Good domain owners beware...

Anna X, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  5. Stroh

Stroh Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I am having some problems but so far they've been offering to compensate especially when I threatened to transfer ALL of my 6 domains over to Hostrocket. BTW, you're better off going to someone else. They suck with domains...

Stroh, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  6. timallard

timallard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I WARN YOU RIGHT NOW! DO NOT GO WITH 1and1 LOOK KAT MY EMAIL BELOW

Hello, this is Timothy Allard. Customer ID# ******************.

A few years ago, I joined 1and1 with a promotional package. a "Linux Professional" Package to be exact. Time has been great while i had that package, and the best part was that it was free. The fun all ended when that promotional package ended. My troubles began literally the week after it ended and i had to start paying. but thats besides the point.

Heres my situation:

Looking at my control panel, i noticed how 1and1 professional linux only includes 1 MySQL database. I started to browse other packages on 1and1 and noticed that the "beginner" package had 10....10! So that got me wondering. So i called up 1and1 and asked them why a professional package would have only 1, and a professional package would have 10. They replied by saying that my current package was a promotional one and i said ok, i understand that.

Im in need of more than 1 database,...especially if im paying for a professional package. So i asked them what would be the best thing for me to do if i wanted more databases, and NOT lose any other features. I was reccomended to "upgrade" to the beginner package. Now to me going from professional to beginner, that would be downgrading packages, i was quite confused with this. so i asked to confirm if i would lose any other features what so ever. and i was told i would not. They even replied saying that i would be paying significantly much less. I asked again if i would lose any features, and i got a NO.

I made the switch, going from professional to beginner, trusting the 1and1 troubleshooting staff. only to ind out that im missing more than ever in my package.

I then called a Supervisor and he was quite helpful explaining that the technician gave me the wrong advise, and had made a mistake.
    Right now one of the most important things i need is statistics, and what do you know their not included in the beginner package. This is very concerning to me. I dont know what else i lost from this switch because you dont offer the professional linux any longer.

The supervisor kindly said if i give him 5 days he would activate statistics into my account.

I then asked if i would like to switch back to the professional Linux, would that be possible? and he said he didnt know.
    I really would like to be compensated for the mistake on the original technician's behalf. it not only caused downtime, a heavy amount of stress and frustration but and most importantly, not having statistics available on my websites, that are so Dependant on the hosting company i use. Not only that, but when i switched packages, i had to transfer domains over as well, i asked the technician if there were charges associated with transferring domains more than the allowd one, they said yes. if that is also the case, i would like my money back for the fees of transferring those domain names to my beginner package.

You can see some notes in my account, also from the supervisor i spoke to.

This has seriously been a huge frustration to me and a hurt on my business. I really hope you read this and put your self in my shoes, one who is a loyal customer.

I understand things happen, this might be a 1 in a 1,000 issue, or even 1 in 5,000. But i was effected by this, and so was my business.

UPDATE!

I called over 2 weeks ago, stating my concern about my issue not being solved. They said, "oh, we never got your complaint email, we will send it and YOU will get a response within 48 hours." Its been over 2 weeks. I am beyond upset right now and am preparing a Better Business Bureau complaint, a complaint to the FTC, ICANN, The Attorney General and take this to small claims court if things dont get looked at.

as stated before, I really would appreciate compensation for the downgrade and loss of features in my account, not to mention stress complete aggravation and apologies to my customers. Im not even going to go into the complete loss of ALL STATISTICAL DATA to the future of my compaines. Speaking to supervisors from support is a complete circus. Ive been sent in circles and they have no "authority" to do anything if i need this resolved.

I am also being charged for the beginner package and the linux package currently. which is total BS. Check my call logs, i think i have talked to everyone in the 1and1 office.

You can contact me at any time. at ether

OR

-A paying customer, who is STILL waiting for an answer,

UPDATE AGAIN!

I called and they said my case was closed and they were sorry for that. it was reopened. And i would get a personal response. Still NOTHING!

-----

If anyone is involved with host reverrals. Please be careful. If something goes wrong with your account, you dont want to be held responsible for all your clients... just my 2 cents..

Which reminds. me...i need to call them again.

Hope you have a better experience :) im never doing anything with them ever again.

timallard, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  7. ivnj

ivnj Banned

Best Answers:
    Eh, I hate godaddy. Registerfly is going out of bussiness. Too bad. So I transfered everything to 1nad1.com a few months before. Best move ever. So much better than godaddy. Godaddy page to bussy. And control panel is crap. 1and1 is so much better. I have 6 names with them. Support is very good. I had trouble transfering a name to them. RF fault. I got a new code. Deleted
    the name from my 1and1 CP. And re transfered it. No problem. Went straight through. No prblems. All 6 work now. No major issues.

Godaddy has 3 names. They took over all the RF names. So I was forced to use them. I changed the A record on 1. And then when I goto the CP it won't let me change it again. So I wanted to transfer it. They said they locked it. And I have to wait 60 days to transfer it. 60 days. What BS.

I'm never using them again.

Thanks,
    ivnj

ivnj, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  8. checksum

checksum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Avoid 1and1 at all costs. The hoops they make you jump through just to cancel your account are horrible. Some people have been charged $300+ just to cancel.

checksum, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  9. SgtRumble

SgtRumble Peon

Best Answers:
    I have been with them for close to 4 years now and have had no problems with their service. They're cheap and reliable.

SgtRumble, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  10. ivnj

ivnj Banned

Best Answers:
    Thanks, SG. Good to hear I'm not the only one who doesn't have any major problems with them.

Thanks,
    ivnj

ivnj, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  11. checksum

checksum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You guys haven't tried to cancel yet. :)

checksum, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  12. ivnj

ivnj Banned

Best Answers:
    But they're doing the job so why do we need to cancel. If they do what we need they why would we ever want to cancel.

Thanks,
    ivnj

ivnj, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  13. timallard

Best Answers:
    i hope you never go through what i did,..but its going over 6 weeks now and i have not been able to talk to someone to fix my situation. im currently paying for 2 packages which its their fault to begin with. and their complaints department has NO phone number in existence.

timallard, Jun 27, 2007 IP
  14. timallard

Best Answers:
    The best thing i have heard to cancel is by doing this.

Back up your hosting and get a new host. on the 1and1 account publish blog and post a super duper page about how awful 1and1 is...add horrible comments and post your link everywhere. send them your website and they will be forced to close it down and cancel your account :D

unfortunately i cant do that because i need my site up with no down time...those bastards..

timallard, Jun 27, 2007 IP
  15. okgaz

okgaz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1and1 have some great server packages, it can be difficult to cancel domain names though so I stick with GoDaddy for those.

okgaz, Jun 27, 2007 IP
  16. csi

csi Guest

Best Answers:
    I would not recommend registering domains with them.

If you want a cheap hosting service and you don't mind having substandard support then they would be an option.

csi, Jun 27, 2007 IP
  17. ivnj

ivnj Banned

Best Answers:
    I've never tried their hosting. But the names are good. Godaddy is bad. They're making me wait 60 days to transfer my name somewhere else. What kinda BS is that.

Thanks,
    ivnj

ivnj, Jun 29, 2007 IP
  18. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    You sir, are an idiot. ;)

The sixty days is a requirement of all registrars by the domains governing body, ICANN (or whatever extension applies).

DO NOT BUY DOMAINS FROM 1&1 (one and one) - they suck so bad that should you, for example, wish to sell your domains, many, many people who have been around a bit and know what's what, will withdraw from sales upon learning 1&1 are the registrar as they know how much trouble they will have once a sale goes through.

mcfox, Jun 30, 2007 IP
  19. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    Dude, you're screwed. Once you enter that f*cking joke they call a support service it's like being drawn over the event horizon of a black hole - you never get out.

My advice to you is to transfer your domains IMMEDIATELY to GoDaddy (or another suitable registrar). I say GoDaddy because they have the muscle to wrestle domains out of the grasp of 1&1 - it's not always easy.

Next, back up everything.

Locate some suitable hosting elsewhere and prepare the way for a move.

Once your domains are safely with Godaddy, you can breathe a bit easier but it can take a week, two weeks, three...

I personally don't recommend you use the same company for domains / hosting.

mcfox, Jun 30, 2007 IP
  20. ivnj

ivnj Banned

Best Answers:
    The 60 day rule is stupid regardless of registar. Anyhow 1 and 1 is more user firendly. As for support, I called before I signed up for the first time and they were very helpfull. Go daddy page is too bussy and control panel is not user freindly. Many others have had issues with them also. Nobody is perfect.

As for the sale. I'm not selling. If they don't do good I can just let them expire. They're not worth trying to sell. I don't think I have any names worth selling. So it doesn't matter. And I have no need to cancel. It does what I need.

Thanks,
    ivnj

ivnj, Jun 30, 2007 IP