1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

$19k launch in 12hrs with email marketing

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Mike - ChimpWolf, Aug 1, 2016.

Hey guys,

New to the forum here, but I am a copywriter and I work with an ecommerce retailer in the outdoor industry.

Earlier this year, we did a product launch that brought in 19k in just under 12hrs, using only his email list and the products listed on a page on the website for the business (no paid advertising). It was a pretty wild day. :)

The list was less than 3000 people at the time, and the products were bundled in prices from $130-$300.

I'll share a quick synopsis of how we did it, but first, I am curious:

What is your single biggest challenge when it comes to email marketing for your ecommerce business?

I see a lot of businesses focusing on SEO, paid advertising, and so many other things...and not many focusing on email. On top of that, many of the brands I receive emails from mostly use it to blast out big sales, vs creating a relationship with their customers and driving regular, free traffic from qualified buyers who love your products.

Here is the quick synopsis of how I ran the 19k launch.

For reference, the final email we sent had a 60% open rate and 50% click-through rate, which is extremely high in any market. This was based on a killer subject line, and the anticipation we had already built about the launch.

1. Ran a deep dive survey to discover the pain points in the market
    2. Built a story around the products that the market would identify with, because it was built on their pain points.
    3. Built anticipation for the product launch with a series of 5 emails. The last email was an "inspiration" email with a powerful story that directly related to the market's #1 pain point (this is the one with the really high open and click through rate).
    4. Opened up the cart on launch day for a period of just under 12 hours.

Killer day - we got so many responses to those emails, and obviously a ton of sales as well. Would love to hear your guys thoughts on email marketing for ecommerce.

Since this launch, we have continued to drive huge growth in sales with email as basically the only marketing strategy.

Mike - ChimpWolf, Aug 1, 2016 IP