1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

19 Things NOT To Do When Building a Website

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by eurochamp, Apr 24, 2007.

1. mastermemei

mastermemei Banned

Best Answers:
    When I was in high school, I've been dreaming of making my own site with a suave flash intro. But after years of surfing the net I realized that I always click the skip intro. So I had to cross out the suave flash intro on my to do list :p

mastermemei, May 8, 2007 IP
  2. heather0407

heather0407 Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont like the sites that have a flash introduction, that you watch before you enter the site... I always hit skip the intro.. I think they are useless and irritating!

heather0407, May 8, 2007 IP
  3. mdvaden

mdvaden Active Member

Best Answers:
    I only disagree with the all flash item. Not as a blanket statement.

Lately, I wrote an article on vacating search engines for driving traffic to sites in lieu of driving traffic with business cards, ads and brochures.

That's specifically for services operating within a region like a big city.

The concept involves something not done in - at least - Portland, Oregon, where the entire advertisement is designed around the website address.

On my flyers, when we move back to Portland soon, will have only the website address on half the flyers for an experiment. That drives everybody to the website first - phone number second. 99% of anybody who has hired me has internet.

On business cards, the web address also should go high and large and the phone small and low.

I have an entire book of business cards and only one uses their URL properly to drive traffic.

Its an area where business owners have total control.

For internet dependent websites, what you say for Flash makes a tremendous amount of sense.

I can see where a home page would be a sharp looking CSS or HTML, with a link to the rest in Flash.

mdvaden, May 9, 2007 IP